Windows 10: Open a window to black 'splash' instead of white

Discus and support Open a window to black 'splash' instead of white in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How does one change the color any given window that opens to black instead of blinding white?Any time I open a window, whether it be chrome, file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nturner2176, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Open a window to black 'splash' instead of white

How does one change the color any given window that opens to black instead of blinding white?Any time I open a window, whether it be chrome, file explorer, or whatever, the window flashes white then renders whatever is supposed to be there. It's for less than a second, but it's annoying. Is there a way to change, or even forgo that white flash before the program pops up? It's a shock when everything else is dark mode.

:)

nturner2176, Nov 22, 2021

2. How do I get black lettering on white instead of white on black

How do I get black lettering on white instead of white on black?

Paul W. McCormick, Nov 22, 2021
  3. JonnHH Win User
    Desktop pictures in black, white and gray instead of color?

Desktop pictures in black, white and gray instead of color?

JonnHH, Nov 22, 2021
  4. dwk001 Win User

Open a window to black 'splash' instead of white

Windows 10 - Mail app stuck on Splash screen, and Store App stuck on blank white splash screen

When I try to open the Mail app in Windows 10, I get the blue splash screen, and it gets stuck on that screen. It did used to work when I originally got the windows 10 update, and I am getting notifications about specific emails that are coming in, but if
    I open a notification or just try to open the mail app itself, either way it just gets stuck on the blue splash screen for the mail app.

When I open the store app, it gets stuck on a plain white screen as well. It does not give me a splash logo of any sort, it just is blank white.

What can I do to resolve this issue?

dwk001, Nov 22, 2021
Thema:

Open a window to black 'splash' instead of white

1. Open a window to black 'splash' instead of white - Similar Threads - Open window black

2. Windows 10 laptop screen is black with white letters instead of white with black letters????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop screen is black with white letters instead of white with black letters????: My Dell laptop is windows 10 and the screen is black not the background but the screen is black and letters are white or yellow. How do I change it back, I think I slid a slider or clicked on something I don't know why but I can't revert back to the white screen and black...
  3. Windows 10 laptop screen is black with white letters instead of white with black letters????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 laptop screen is black with white letters instead of white with black letters????: My Dell laptop is windows 10 and the screen is black not the background but the screen is black and letters are white or yellow. How do I change it back, I think I slid a slider or clicked on something I don't know why but I can't revert back to the white screen and black...
  4. Windows 10 laptop screen is black with white letters instead of white with black letters????

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Open a window to black 'splash' instead of white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open a window to black 'splash' instead of white: How does one change the color any given window that opens to black instead of blinding white?Any time I open a window, whether it be chrome, file explorer, or whatever, the window flashes white then renders whatever is supposed to be there. It's for less than a second, but...
  6. Open a window to black 'splash' instead of white

Open a window to black 'splash' instead of white: How does one change the color any given window that opens to black instead of blinding white?Any time I open a window, whether it be chrome, file explorer, or whatever, the window flashes white then renders whatever is supposed to be there. It's for less than a second, but...
  7. Windows start and search background turned black instead of the usuall white

Windows start and search background turned black instead of the usuall white: So i have a question regarding this,my start and search background turned black instead of the usually white colour it always had.Is this some sort of update? Is this the norm now or did something break? The default windows mode is set to dark and the default app mode to...
  8. Black screen with No Splash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with No Splash: So basically what I did was that I opened my whole pc and cleaned the dust and then I reassembled it back but now, whenever I press the power button I dont get the splash screen [Dell] and my screen only shows blinking white cursor. I cannot even access Bios. My specs:...
  9. How do I get black lettering on white instead of white on black

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get black lettering on white instead of white on black: How do I get black lettering on white instead of white on black? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-black-lettering-on-white-instead-of/4d50e453-c62f-404f-8262-3c824e93407f
  10. White splash screen during start

in Windows 10 Support
    White splash screen during start: Hi folks, I have win 10 pro installed on my dell e6410. When I start my laptop I see very bright blank white splash screen for 2 seconds during the boot process. The sequence is as folows: 1- I press start button and it powers up 2- Windows 10 logo screen appears 3- Very...