Windows 10: Open app in cmd in specific task view

Discus and support Open app in cmd in specific task view in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to open apps in command line and I want it to open in a specific task view. Is this possible? 115524 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kimondoe, Aug 6, 2018.

1. kimondoe Win User

Open app in cmd in specific task view

I am trying to open apps in command line and I want it to open in a specific task view.
    Is this possible?

:)

kimondoe, Aug 6, 2018
  2. Ravinath P Win User

Edge won't open and search the web and windows box in task bar won't work

Hi,

Which update was installed recently?

You may check for the issue following these steps:

Within the Settings app, click Update and Security, then 'Advanced Options' (in windows update), then 'View Your Upgrade History'.

We would suggest you to try these steps

If you have tried the command once and if that didn't fix, you will have to try these steps once again:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
      • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
      • Click File > Run New Task
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
      • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    • If the above commands both completed and show no remaining issues, run these commands:

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Get back if you still face an issue and we will be glad to assist.

Ravinath P, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Nachappa C K Win User
    Windows 10 task view assign applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing difficulty in assigning the applications to a specific virtual desktop. Let me help you in clearing your doubts.

The virtual desktops feature in Windows 10 is called “Task View” and is located on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Click Task view. When you open the Task View interface for the first time, or you only have one desktop, the “Add a desktop” button is available.

Step 2: Click it to add virtual desktop.

Step 3: Open the apps that you want to use on that desktop.

Step 4: Click Task view again to switch between desktops.

Hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on Windows related query and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Rohit Siddegowda Win User

windows 100 app store wont open

Hi Craig,

I would suggest you to follow these steps and check if it helps:

Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Open app in cmd in specific task view - Similar Threads - Open app cmd

2. Win + Tab doesn't open task view anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win + Tab doesn't open task view anymore: I think I pressed a combination of buttons on accident and now my win + tab shortcut selects things. How to I switch it back to task view?...
  3. task view

task view: how do I remove task view from windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/task-view/7b730baf-6cef-485e-ba69-c53540f7266a
  4. Task View

Task View: After latest windows10 update, I am seeing a scroll bar in "Task View". Please let me know how can I disable that scroll bar, which is not required for me....
  5. Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View: Hello guys………………………. Can you please help...……………...when I hover over the Task View icon a window opens but as soon as I take the mouse off the icon the window closes....how can I keep the Task View widow open? Your help would be much appreciated....I am using Windows 10...
  6. BSOD when opening certain Specific apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when opening certain Specific apps: Hi! I have a relatively new PC I built less than 90 days ago. I have been building PCs and such for ages now so am pretty versed with Windows shenanigans but at this point, I am simply stumped! ATM it seems every time I open my torrent client (Qbittorrent) I get a BSOD...
  7. Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View: In the bottom bar is three windows labelled tasdkbar; two small bigger one in middle. When I click on it it shows another version of my desktop, but minus icons. What is the function? 12639
  8. Task view

in Windows 10 Support
    Task view: I just recently did a clean install.....all is working fine, no issues. What I noticed and this is the first I've seen of it, just never thought to look in there before. Task view is showing Malwarebytes. I've never used the task view option before.....before and after clean...
  9. Windows 10 Task View: Showing a specific application on all VD's

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Task View: Showing a specific application on all VD's: HI I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to show a particular app on all virtual desktops. I have a password manager that interacts with any window that requires a password and I dont want to have to move it every time I have a window that requires access to it. I like my...
  10. Issue with multiple desktops (task view?) and opening applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with multiple desktops (task view?) and opening applications: Say I have a desktop 1 with MS Word open. If I then open another desktop (desktop 2), and then open a word file from my hard drive on desktop 2, windows 10 will take me out of desktop 2, put be back on desktop 1, and then open the file I requested. I then have to open the...