Windows 10: Open app in cmd in specific task view

Discus and support Open app in cmd in specific task view in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to open apps in command line and I want it to open in a specific task view. Is this possible? 115524 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kimondoe, Aug 6, 2018.

1. kimondoe Win User

Open app in cmd in specific task view

I am trying to open apps in command line and I want it to open in a specific task view.
    Is this possible?

:)

kimondoe, Aug 6, 2018

2. Edge won't open and search the web and windows box in task bar won't work

Hi,

Which update was installed recently?

You may check for the issue following these steps:

Within the Settings app, click Update and Security, then 'Advanced Options' (in windows update), then 'View Your Upgrade History'.

We would suggest you to try these steps

If you have tried the command once and if that didn't fix, you will have to try these steps once again:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
      • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
      • Click File > Run New Task
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
      • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    • If the above commands both completed and show no remaining issues, run these commands:

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Get back if you still face an issue and we will be glad to assist.

Ravinath P, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Windows 10 task view assign applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing difficulty in assigning the applications to a specific virtual desktop. Let me help you in clearing your doubts.

The virtual desktops feature in Windows 10 is called “Task View” and is located on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Click Task view. When you open the Task View interface for the first time, or you only have one desktop, the “Add a desktop” button is available.

Step 2: Click it to add virtual desktop.

Step 3: Open the apps that you want to use on that desktop.

Step 4: Click Task view again to switch between desktops.

Hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on Windows related query and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Open app in cmd in specific task view

windows 100 app store wont open

Hi Craig,

I would suggest you to follow these steps and check if it helps:

Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Open app in cmd in specific task view

1. Open app in cmd in specific task view - Similar Threads - Open app cmd

2. Task View not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task View not open: My task view just does not open when clicking on the icon. But whenever I click on the icon, alt+tab proceed to not work as well. Have to restart explorer whenever it happens...
  3. Task View not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task View not open: My task view just does not open when clicking on the icon. But whenever I click on the icon, alt+tab proceed to not work as well. Have to restart explorer whenever it happens...
  4. I can't open task manager and cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open task manager and cmd: Hi,I need help because I cannot open my task manager or cmd. I use them to properly navigate and close some apps in my system. It works before what should I do?...
  5. I can't open task manager and cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open task manager and cmd: Hi,For some reason I cannot open my task manager or CMD just to close some files or navigate around my system. It seems to be working before but now I cannot use it. What to do?...
  6. I can't open task manager and cmd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't open task manager and cmd: Hi,For some reason I cannot open my task manager or CMD just to close some files or navigate around my system. It seems to be working before but now I cannot use it. What to do?...
  7. I can't open Task manager and Cmd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't open Task manager and Cmd: So yeah, recently I can't open Task Manager and CMD, I don't really know if this is caused by a virus or not but it happens when I downloaded a file, It isn't very good since I need Task manager to close some of my applications. So if you guys have any solution to this please...
  8. I can't open Task manager and Cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open Task manager and Cmd: So yeah, recently I can't open Task Manager and CMD, I don't really know if this is caused by a virus or not but it happens when I downloaded a file, It isn't very good since I need Task manager to close some of my applications. So if you guys have any solution to this please...
  9. Flash/flicker opening Task View.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flash/flicker opening Task View.: When opening Task View I get a 1 second flash/flicker of the objects in Task View. Does anybody else experience this? It was worse with timeline enabled but still there in plain Task View. 162735
  10. Task View won't open links

in Cortana
    Task View won't open links: Hi, When I enter Task View it shows all my previous entries. When I click on an Internet entry it no longer opens the link. I'm not sure why it is doing this, as it worked before. I'm on 1903. Is anyone else experiencing this, or has a possible troubleshooting fix?...