Windows 10: Open app on same monitor that I used Start Menu to open the app.

Discus and support Open app on same monitor that I used Start Menu to open the app. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Right now Windows remembers the monitor that you last shutdown the program in, and when you reopen the app, it reopens it in that same position.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by facethewolf, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Open app on same monitor that I used Start Menu to open the app.

Right now Windows remembers the monitor that you last shutdown the program in, and when you reopen the app, it reopens it in that same position.

HOWEVER, nowadays, I use web apps which all run in a browser. That means I have 4 different browser windows open across 2 or 3 monitors. It's pointless for Windows to remember which monitor the browser was running on last.

All of my monitors have the task bar on them.

A solution I'd like to have is an option to simply open the app, in this case browser, up in the same monitor that the task bar was used to activate it.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Sincerely, Sean

:)

facethewolf, Sep 20, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 20, 2018
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Sep 20, 2018
  4. CharlesWC Win User

Open app on same monitor that I used Start Menu to open the app.

Frequently used apps in Start menu

Thank you for the information. I followed the instructions (this is Windows 10). The items on the Start menu are:

1. Show More Tiles. It was turned off so I turned it back on.

2. Show App List in Start Menu - ON

3. Show Recently Added Apps - ON

4. Show Most Used Apps - Off but is gray so I cannot do anything with it.

5. Occasionally Show Suggestions in Start - Off

6. Use Full Start Screen - Off

7. Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar - On

Even with turning the Show More Tiles on the Show Most Used Apps is not available. Any suggestions?

CharlesWC, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Open app on same monitor that I used Start Menu to open the app.

1. Open app on same monitor that I used Start Menu to open the app. - Similar Threads - Open app same

2. Start menu, cortana and app store will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu, cortana and app store will not open: My Windows key and the windows logo on my screen will not open the start menu. If I right click on the Windows log I get that menu with settings etc but not the list of Apps when I left click. Also if I select Cortana it starts to open I get a blank box with Cortana at the...
  3. Start menu, cortana and app store will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu, cortana and app store will not open: My Windows key and the windows logo on my screen will not open the start menu. If I right click on the Windows log I get that menu with settings etc but not the list of Apps when I left click. Also if I select Cortana it starts to open I get a blank box with Cortana at the...
  4. Start menu, cortana and app store will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Apps will not open from start menu or taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps will not open from start menu or taskbar: Hello, I am running windows 10 and when I open the start menu to search for a program, it will not open. When I click an app or file from within the menu, it says the following: "The item you selected is unavailable. I might have been moved, renamed, or removed..."...
  6. start menu not opening and windows apps parameters are incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    start menu not opening and windows apps parameters are incorrect: hello, so i recently created a steamlibrary folder on my SSD where my OS is. to do this i had to go in and change permissions from read-only to create this folder. basically, since then i cannot open the start menu and windows apps, like spotify and netflix give me an error...
  7. Start Menu Stays Open After Clicking App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Stays Open After Clicking App: Yo Xperts, Since the New Edge, the Start Menu Stays up after starting a selection? A new bug or is there a new option - Please do not offer SFC or check for updates. Thx, Joe...
  8. cannot open the apps on the microsoft start menu .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot open the apps on the microsoft start menu .: This is following a system restore. neither can i uninstall them .Urgent ,,,I cant play solitaire -iam hooked on spider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-the-apps-on-the-microsoft-start-menu/0dd3f62b-f7fa-4b95-88aa-8bc19005ed3a
  9. Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10: How to: Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10 How to Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10 The pinned apps (tiles) on the Start screen. This tutorial will show you how to keep the Start menu open when opening multiple apps from the Start...
  10. Open and Use All apps in Start menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open and Use All apps in Start menu in Windows 10: How to: Open and Use All apps in Start menu in Windows 10 How to Open and Use All apps in Windows 10 Start menu All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of all your installed Windows apps and desktop apps in Windows 10. Some of these apps are grouped into...