Windows 10: Open application without admin?

Discus and support Open application without admin? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Im trying to open an application I downloaded in my downloads folder, I need to enter an administrator username and password, that I don't have, to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NetVector17, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Open application without admin?

Im trying to open an application I downloaded in my downloads folder, I need to enter an administrator username and password, that I don't have, to run the app. Can someone help me. This needs to be done without logging onto the administrator user. (P.S I'm not trying to hack someone's computer, I'm trying to play a game on my school laptop.)

:)

NetVector17, Dec 14, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Dec 14, 2018
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Open application without admin?

I cant open any thing on my pc with a admin shield next to it

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Does that mean when you try to open, it ask for the administrator privileges and ask for the admin password?
    • Is the issue specific to particular files?
    • Did you make any recent changes to the system?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    • Did you sign in as administrator or are you the administrator of the account?
    I understand that you receive error while trying to access Minecraft. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps.

1. Type UAC or User Account Access on the search bar.

2. From UAC window, I suggest you to bring down the level to default and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists, please reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Open application without admin?

1. Open application without admin? - Similar Threads - Open application without

2. Allow Non-Admin user account to launch single application without Admin approval

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow Non-Admin user account to launch single application without Admin approval: I am looking for a method to allow a User account Non-administrator on a device to be able to launch an application that typically requires UAC prompt & admin password to run.I would like to do so, without also allowing the user to run other applications, or install software...
  3. Allow Non-Admin user account to launch single application without Admin approval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow Non-Admin user account to launch single application without Admin approval: I am looking for a method to allow a User account Non-administrator on a device to be able to launch an application that typically requires UAC prompt & admin password to run.I would like to do so, without also allowing the user to run other applications, or install software...
  4. Allow Non-Admin user account to launch single application without Admin approval

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Make myself admin... without admin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make myself admin... without admin.: Last year I tried resetting my computer and getting rid of all the excess stuff on it years back, when I had no tech knowledge I kind of screwed some things up. In the process, I went to hell and back deleting all sorts of files. To restore the computer, I need 8 gigs of...
  6. Open Application with admin privileges without UAC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open Application with admin privileges without UAC: One system in domain and I wanted to open particular application with Admin rights without UAC prompt.other applications should not get the All admin privileges'. don't want to touch any registry edit, No third party applications.User will remain Normal domain User...
  7. Open Application with admin privileges without UAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open Application with admin privileges without UAC: One system in domain and I wanted to open particular application with Admin rights without UAC prompt.other applications should not get the All admin privileges'. don't want to touch any registry edit, No third party applications.User will remain Normal domain User...
  8. Open Application with admin privileges without UAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. How to run installed application without admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to run installed application without admin password: We have installed HIkvision NVR with 4 IP cameras. We are using the application tool called SADP but it is always asking for admin user and password. I want to install this application on end user laptop that does not has admin. Is there a workaround to open it without...
  10. Failing to open Admin Applications?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Failing to open Admin Applications?: Today I was trying to open task manager to close a nonreponding app. It said, C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe Path not found. So I tried finding it in sys32 and found it. I then tried using CMD as an admin and it didn't work and said could not find shortcut path. I tried...