Windows 10: Open applications keep "minimizing" randomly

Discus and support Open applications keep "minimizing" randomly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Home laptop. It is not a touch screen. When I'm using the internet or playing games on my laptop, whatever application I'm using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lt Rt, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Lt Rt Win User

Open applications keep "minimizing" randomly

I have a Windows 10 Home laptop. It is not a touch screen. When I'm using the internet or playing games on my laptop, whatever application I'm using will just start acting like I've clicked off the screen into another application when I only have the one I'm using open. I've tried having my Task Manager open while doing whatever I'm doing on the computer, but it doesn't happen regularly enough for me to catch if it's another application doing it.

I've tried restarting and updating my computer. I've tried restarting Windows Explorer. I've tried googling but nothing has helped me so far. I do believe all my drivers are up to date as well.

Any help would be great.

:)

Lt Rt, Apr 3, 2021

2. Minimize applications

Hi Osman,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which applications are you referring to?
    • Are you referring to the minimized applications in the Task bar?
    • If so, what is the exact issue you are facing with it?

Your query is little unclear, I suggest you to follow the below article to help us understand your query.

Microsoft Community

Reply to the post with the required information and brief description about this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Applications Randomly Minimizing.

Hi,

There are several factors that may have caused the games to crash when you are playing them on your PC. It is possible that the graphics card is outdated or there is a malware or virus that causes the game files to corrupt. To properly isolate your concern,
    please provide us the following information:

• Does the issue occur to all the games and apps installed on your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried to update the graphics card drivers on your PC?

In the meantime, you may click on this link for the steps to perform
    a clean boot. This process will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10.

Loraine Mon, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Open applications keep "minimizing" randomly

Games minimizing randomly

This is a problem due to an application named "ipconfig.exe" which pops up for less than a second and minimizes game, it appears after a scheduled time to reset the public IP.

This problem generally arises due to use of some obsolete third-party application software to hide the public IP address. Possible solutions :

• Uninstalling that software can be a fix
    • Full reset

Cyber Skeleton, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Open applications keep "minimizing" randomly

1. Open applications keep "minimizing" randomly - Similar Threads - Open applications keep

2. Windows 11 - Applications open but minimized to taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Applications open but minimized to taskbar: Hello,I am using AMD Ryzen 7 5700G processor / ASUS B550 Strix Gaming wifi motherboard / 8 GB RAM and Windows 11 Pro operating system.Whenever I open applications such as Notepad or .txt files and some other files such as word the application would open but always minimized...
  3. Windows 11 - Applications open but minimized to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Applications open but minimized to taskbar: Hello,I am using AMD Ryzen 7 5700G processor / ASUS B550 Strix Gaming wifi motherboard / 8 GB RAM and Windows 11 Pro operating system.Whenever I open applications such as Notepad or .txt files and some other files such as word the application would open but always minimized...
  4. Task Scheduler - Opening an Application Minimized

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler - Opening an Application Minimized: I'd like to use the Task Scheduler to open an application minimized. It seems this question has not been answered with a solution that can be accomplished using the interface. I have a simple solution and will post it but first I'd like to hear from the community....
  5. Applications minimizing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications minimizing: When I open any application on my lenovo computer, it comes up and automatically minimizes. When I try to save my work, it saves the work them minimizes. The most annoying is using TruboTax, it minimizes after each entry. I ran a full system virus scan and there were no...
  6. Mouse left-click randomly minimizes all applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse left-click randomly minimizes all applications: I've recently bought a new mouse and am having an issue with it: the left-click of the mouse, whether it's just a click or when used in dragging, sometimes minimizes all application windows, seemingly at random. I haven't found anyone else with the same problem and am pretty...
  7. my windows are minimize and opening randomly, help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my windows are minimize and opening randomly, help?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DankGrandma [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/itekko/my_windows_are_minimize_and_opening_randomly_help/
  8. Help my computer keeps opening random applications!!!

Help my computer keeps opening random applications!!!: Please please please help my computer keeps opening random applications. It was fine before I woke it from sleep mode! It keeps openings the stuff on my taskbar, clicking on my Google Chrome bookmarks, and generally being very buggy. I immediately restarted my computer,...
  9. Random window opens when minimizing

Random window opens when minimizing: I've detected a funny behavior in windows 10 both in my laptop and in my desktop computer. Occasionally (very sporadically) when I minimize a program (Word, Firefox, Thunderbird...) next it opens the window of an app that was not open formerly (usually the calendar, the...
  10. Keep application open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep application open: Is there any way to let my application open straight away after shutting down? E.g. If i am using a browser or microsoft powerpoint, it will reopen after turning my computer back on...