Windows 10: open apps on taskbar

Discus and support open apps on taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I show what apps are open on the taskbar when I change desktops?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pel3587, Dec 1, 2018.

1. pel3587 Win User

open apps on taskbar

how do I show what apps are open on the taskbar when I change desktops?

:)

pel3587, Dec 1, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. open apps on taskbar :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

open apps on taskbar

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

open apps on taskbar

1. open apps on taskbar - Similar Threads - open apps taskbar

2. Active apps wont open on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active apps wont open on taskbar: several apps wont open on the taskbar even though they are active. Google Chrome, discord, and even lokal apps like taskmanager wont open, although they are active. have tried restarting the computer and tried scanning the computer in the command prompt, but there are no...
  3. Active apps wont open on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active apps wont open on taskbar: several apps wont open on the taskbar even though they are active. Google Chrome, discord, and even lokal apps like taskmanager wont open, although they are active. have tried restarting the computer and tried scanning the computer in the command prompt, but there are no...
  4. taskbar not showing when another app is opened,,?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar not showing when another app is opened,,?: i am change my taskbar setting to hide taskbar when not in use but when i hover my arrow in the edege it not showing taskbar... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-not-showing-when-another-app-is-opened/88098e13-4f76-4f0e-a7ea-d29314fe2d67
  5. the apps opens on taskbar but not on my screen. why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the apps opens on taskbar but not on my screen. why?: ive been using windows 11 for 1 month now and im having problems opening app. for example a while discord wasnt opening on screen but it was shown that it was open on task bar. i had delete it and install it again in order to be able to open it. now i have the same problem...
  6. Taskbar not popping up when apps are open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar not popping up when apps are open.: Taskbar not popping up when I hover over it at the bottom. It will pop up on the desktop but not when I use any apps. The window key is the only way to bring it up. Can anyone help me? submitted by /u/Ok_Instruction8289 [link] [comments]...
  7. Issue with opening exe files and opening apps from taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with opening exe files and opening apps from taskbar: when i try and open exe files from my file browser or my desktop it comes up with "you'll need a new app to open this .exe file" and when i try and open apps from taskbar it says C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User...
  8. issue with open exe files and opening apps from taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    issue with open exe files and opening apps from taskbar: when i try and open exe files from my file browser or my desktop it comes up with "you'll need a new app to open this .exe file" and when i try and open apps from taskbar it says C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User...
  9. Tiles on Taskbar opens new tile when app opened

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiles on Taskbar opens new tile when app opened: Recently I've noticed that when I open a a program from the icon on the taskbar, a new icon appears on the taskbar with a blue line underneath. I get that that is showing me an open application but I'm pretty sure that it used to just put the blue line under the first icon....
  10. Windows 10 App Will be Open in Taskbar But Not on Screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 App Will be Open in Taskbar But Not on Screen: I am running windows 10, with a GTX 970 and three monitors. So starting a few weeks ago the Twitch app stopped being able to be opened, it shows up on the taskbar but can't be made visible. I have tried making it appear by pressing windows key + any arrow key, and...