Windows 10: Open button is missing in file explorer

Discus and support Open button is missing in file explorer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have the following problem: whenever I click on a file in the internet browser, the file browser opens and I have only two options what to do with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JohnDoe22222, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Open button is missing in file explorer

Hi,I have the following problem: whenever I click on a file in the internet browser, the file browser opens and I have only two options what to do with the file: Save and Cancel, Open button is missing. I used to open word documents, mp3s, etc. directly, without saving them first. How can I restore the Open button in the file explorer? Thank you in advance!Petr

:)

JohnDoe22222, Mar 30, 2022
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Mar 30, 2022
  3. Ghot Win User
    File explorer ribbon missing

Right click above the Address bar and UNcheck minimize the ribbon? OR... are you looking for the File, Computer, View buttons?

4. linhlz Win User

Open button is missing in file explorer

File Explorer crash when opened from taskbar (never happened before)

Method 1.

You should be able to fix this problem by disabling DEP (Data Execution Prevention)
    • Step 1.Log in computer with Administrator account to make sure you have fully administrative rights.
    • Step 2. If your computer is running Windows XP, click "Start" button and select "Run". Windows 7 user can press Windows and R keys. Type sysdm.cpl in Run box and click OK.
    • Step 3. You can see System Prosperities window from which you need to click Advanced tab and then Settings.
    • Step 4. The "Performance Options" window will pop up and please click "Data Execution Protection" tab. Select the option "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select" and click "Add" button.
    • Step 5. Browse files from the Open applet and find the exe files of the software which causes the error code. Select it and click "Open" button.
    • Step 6. Click "Apply" and "OK" to make changes take effect.

Method 2. Update Internet Explorer

linhlz, Mar 30, 2022
Thema:

Open button is missing in file explorer

1. Open button is missing in file explorer - Similar Threads - Open button missing

2. Windows 11 missing print button on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 missing print button on file explorer: Hello,In windows 7 and 10 we had cool feature open any folder select 1-15 files example PDF press right mouse and select Print. So we could print files without opening them.Seems Windows 11 has no option to Print? Why downgrade?? I'm regretting that upgraded from 10 to 11...
  3. Windows 11 missing print button on file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 missing print button on file explorer: Hello,In windows 7 and 10 we had cool feature open any folder select 1-15 files example PDF press right mouse and select Print. So we could print files without opening them.Seems Windows 11 has no option to Print? Why downgrade?? I'm regretting that upgraded from 10 to 11...
  4. "Open with" button missing

"Open with" button missing: Hi,I just upgraded a software called Irfanview, and I notice i'm no more able to open .JPG file but also .PNG with other program than the default Windows app "Photo".Other file extensions like .xlsx or .arw are working correcly, I can choose the program opening them.What can...
  5. "Open with" button missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Open with" button missing: Hi,I just upgraded a software called Irfanview, and I notice i'm no more able to open .JPG file but also .PNG with other program than the default Windows app "Photo".Other file extensions like .xlsx or .arw are working correcly, I can choose the program opening them.What can...
  6. Open button is missing in file explorer

Open button is missing in file explorer: Hi,I have the following problem: whenever I click on a file in the internet browser, the file browser opens and I have only two options what to do with the file: Save and Cancel, Open button is missing. I used to open word documents, mp3s, etc. directly, without saving them...
  7. Open button is missing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open button is missing in file explorer: Hi,I have the following problem: whenever I click on a file in the internet browser, the file browser opens and I have only two options what to do with the file: Save and Cancel, Open button is missing. I used to open word documents, mp3s, etc. directly, without saving them...
  8. File Explorer Buttons/Options are Missing

File Explorer Buttons/Options are Missing: When I open File Explorer, I recently noticed that there are buttons like "File" "Home" "Share" "View" missing, and generally the entire tab missing This is how it's supposed to look like: https://prnt.sc/smjvcm This is how it looks on my PC: https://prnt.sc/smjuc0 I tried...
  9. "Share" Button missing in File Explorer for Nearby Sharing

"Share" Button missing in File Explorer for Nearby Sharing: I enabled the Nearby Sharing option from the action centre, but cannot find any Share button in the Share tab of an explorer! How can I use Nearby Sharing? [ATTACH]...
  10. Expando buttons missing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Expando buttons missing in File Explorer: can any one point me to ..... How can i easily see if there are folders in a folder without opening the folder ? The small triangles that indicate there are nested folders in a folder are missing ..how are these buttons enabled ? thanks for any advice OS =...