Windows 10: Open cd appication

Discus and support Open cd appication in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I inserted the 2018 Turbo Tax disc into the disc drive. How do I open the application? Thank you John... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnViotto, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Open cd appication

I inserted the 2018 Turbo Tax disc into the disc drive.

How do I open the application?

Thank you

John

:)

JohnViotto, Mar 31, 2019

2. CD-Rs won't open.

The CD-Rs are anything from 5 to 8 years old. I stopped using XP in 2011. But as I said, these discs would open on the Windows 7 computer without hassle. I also mentioned in my post that no, I haven't been able to try opening them on another system. Everyone
    I know seems to have tablet PCs nowadays or Macs. I'll try the other suggestions anyway and report back. Thanks for the advice.

RussThe Muso, Mar 31, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Open cd appication

CD-Rs won't open.

Hello,

• How old is the CDR exactly? When did you write it?
    • Did you try it on a different system?
    As the disc was written on a different OS platform as well as an older writing application, there is a possibility the CD might be obsolete or corrupted.
    I suggest you to check the status of the issue on a different computer and see if the files appear. Further, try the below steps to check if the files are visible.

• Click search box, and then type cmd.
    • Right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.
    • If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
    • In front of the CD/DVD drive letter, type DIR and check if you’re able to find the files.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Open cd appication

1. Open cd appication - Similar Threads - Open appication

2. Can’t see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open...: . I'm getting the 'this app not Microsoft verified' message so I have gone into Settings/Apps & can see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open Advanced App there is no choose option, only Share, Aliases & Archive. Can anyone help please?...
  3. Can’t see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open...: . I'm getting the 'this app not Microsoft verified' message so I have gone into Settings/Apps & can see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open Advanced App there is no choose option, only Share, Aliases & Archive. Can anyone help please?...
  4. hello guys, Im using my laptop before i go home but when i open it it turns out to be blue...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello guys, Im using my laptop before i go home but when i open it it turns out to be blue...: Stop code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAWhat failed: vgk.sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-guys-im-using-my-laptop-before-i-go-home-but/755a8dcc-b770-4438-a68e-b48b055f517c
  5. hello guys, Im using my laptop before i go home but when i open it it turns out to be blue...

hello guys, Im using my laptop before i go home but when i open it it turns out to be blue...: Stop code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAWhat failed: vgk.sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-guys-im-using-my-laptop-before-i-go-home-but/755a8dcc-b770-4438-a68e-b48b055f517c
  6. I am getting a blue screen saying "Registry" and is not opening to go to Windows - its only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting a blue screen saying "Registry" and is not opening to go to Windows - its only...: I am getting a blue screen saying "Registry Error" and is not opening to go to Windows - its only showing blue screen. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-a-blue-screen-saying-registry-and-is/6d489540-0716-4d15-9642-bd982680999d
  7. I am getting a blue screen saying "Registry" and is not opening to go to Windows - its only...

I am getting a blue screen saying "Registry" and is not opening to go to Windows - its only...: I am getting a blue screen saying "Registry Error" and is not opening to go to Windows - its only showing blue screen. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-a-blue-screen-saying-registry-and-is/6d489540-0716-4d15-9642-bd982680999d
  8. I am getting a blue screen saying "Registry" and is not opening to go to Windows - its only...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Videos appear Clor shifted rainbow bloom type effect only whenever i open a video and a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos appear Clor shifted rainbow bloom type effect only whenever i open a video and a...: I am currently using windows 11 and my laptop is acer nitro 5, is there any fix that can fix the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-appear-clor-shifted-rainbow-bloom-type/f1e823e6-a285-42f9-880f-2736ff34b31b
  10. Videos appear Clor shifted rainbow bloom type effect only whenever i open a video and a...

Videos appear Clor shifted rainbow bloom type effect only whenever i open a video and a...: I am currently using windows 11 and my laptop is acer nitro 5, is there any fix that can fix the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-appear-clor-shifted-rainbow-bloom-type/f1e823e6-a285-42f9-880f-2736ff34b31b