Windows 10: Open Cmd via PowerShell, command?

Discus and support Open Cmd via PowerShell, command? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Please i need to open cmd win + r and so i know i need to know how to open it via powershell pls (.bat and so i know it needs to be opened via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hallo821, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Hallo821 Win User

Open Cmd via PowerShell, command?

Please i need to open cmd win + r and so i know i need to know how to open it via powershell pls (.bat and so i know it needs to be opened via powershell. Pls PowerShell command to open cmd?

:)

Hallo821, Aug 19, 2020
  2. tcebob Win User

Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd

I tried the suggested command and it does work manually in Power Shell. But Task Scheduler chokes on it.

Open Cmd via PowerShell, command? [​IMG]

If i say "Yes" it breaks up the command string to "%C:\program" with the rest of the command as an argument.

tcebob, Aug 19, 2020
  3. wiens Win User
    Not all command lines of CMD are working in Powershell

In build 14971.1000 Microsoft has changed Command prompt with Powershell in the right-click context Startmenu, see screenshot below.

Batch files (.bat or .cmd) will also not run properly in Powershell because not all command lines of HELP are working in the Powershell. How do we run batch (.bat) files with command lines that aren't supported in it.

Consider you have a file "test.bat" on the root of the D: dirve. You can't run in it Powershell by entering "test.bat" on the D: drive. The term will not be recognized. You have to write "D:\test.bat" to run it in Powershell. That is strange behaviour. In
    the old CMD you didn't had to add "D:\" path in the line to run it in the opened directory.

I know CMD can still be executed in the Startmenu of build 14971.1000, but it looks they are changing this behaviour. It is now hidden from the contextmenu by default.

For those who prefer to use Command Prompt, you can opt out of the WIN + X change by opening Settings > Personalization > Taskbar, and turning “Replace Command Prompt with Windows PowerShell in the menu when I right-click the Start button or press Windows
    key+X” to “Off”.

wiens, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Open Cmd via PowerShell, command? - Similar Threads - Open Cmd via

2. VBoxManage: Control VirtualBox via CMD or PowerShell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VBoxManage: Control VirtualBox via CMD or PowerShell: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sn0oz3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/12znloy/vboxmanage_control_virtualbox_via_cmd_or/
  3. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  4. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  5. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. CMD And PowerShell Open And Close

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD And PowerShell Open And Close: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  7. CMD And PowerShell Open And Close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD And PowerShell Open And Close: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  8. CMD And PowerShell Open And Close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. 10 CMD commands that can be executed with PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    10 CMD commands that can be executed with PowerShell: [ATTACH] PowerShell is Microsoft’s own alternative to their own Command Prompt. Earlier, Microsoft announced that they will be open sourcing PowerShell and will be bringing it to recent versions and different Linux flavors like Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux,...
  10. Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd: [img] [img] The screen shots show results of running Code: "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ashCmd.exe" /@=Quick[/quote] in both PS and Cmd. The problem is I have made a task in Task Scheduler to run this command daily and, apparently, Task Scheduler insists on...