Windows 10: Open command prompt apps in MS Terminal

Discus and support Open command prompt apps in MS Terminal in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Please, is there any way to automatically open .exe command prompt apps (e. g. coded in C++) in the new Microsoft Terminal, instead of the old CMD? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheFluffyIron, May 21, 2020.

1. Open command prompt apps in MS Terminal

Please, is there any way to automatically open .exe command prompt apps (e. g. coded in C++) in the new Microsoft Terminal, instead of the old CMD? I really like the new look and I'd like to run my programs in the new design.

submitted by /u/TheFluffyIron
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheFluffyIron, May 21, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, May 21, 2020
  3. cwtech Win User

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, May 21, 2020
  4. Caring1 Win User

Open command prompt apps in MS Terminal

Command prompt is only accessible from the Administrative Profile, this is to prevent general users from accessing and bypassing controls.
    One method is to remove the drive and connect it to another system.

Caring1, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Open command prompt apps in MS Terminal

1. Open command prompt apps in MS Terminal - Similar Threads - Open command prompt

2. About command prompt not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About command prompt not opening: So while opening command prompt directly it doesn't open, and while using windows+r and type cmd it shows that windows cannot find cmd check the name correctly...
  3. Windows Terminal: Administrator windows open as Command Prompt with the old style Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Terminal: Administrator windows open as Command Prompt with the old style Windows...: I have Windows 11 Insider Preview.The default terminal app is Windows Terminal, but when I start Command prompt as administrator, it opens in the Windows Console Host, and not in Windows Terminal. Can I fix this somehow so it opens in Windows Terminal?...
  4. Windows Terminal: Administrator windows open as Command Prompt with the old style Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Terminal: Administrator windows open as Command Prompt with the old style Windows...: I have Windows 11 Insider Preview.The default terminal app is Windows Terminal, but when I start Command prompt as administrator, it opens in the Windows Console Host, and not in Windows Terminal. Can I fix this somehow so it opens in Windows Terminal?...
  5. Command prompt randomly opens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command prompt randomly opens: Hello.I have a issue with my windows 10 home Computer.My command prompt randomly opens when I'm on say..A game, or a software that is non-harmful to my device.However, my command prompt randomly opens, with no commands issued in it.Thanks tech support, and others that can...
  6. Command prompt randomly opens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt randomly opens: Hello.I have a issue with my windows 10 home Computer.My command prompt randomly opens when I'm on say..A game, or a software that is non-harmful to my device.However, my command prompt randomly opens, with no commands issued in it.Thanks tech support, and others that can...
  7. Command prompt not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command prompt not opening: Hi All, Whenever I try to open a command prompt in windows 10 it crashes automatically. Please assist how to fix the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-not-opening/cc3ba5c9-0dda-421b-b0af-d3e128135a1c
  8. Command prompt not opening

Command prompt not opening: Hi, I recently installed a windows 10 update and noe cmd.exe does not work. I hvae tried many different methods to open it but all that happens is a small window flashes up ont he screen for a split second then dissapears. any ideas? s8on...
  9. Command Prompt not opening. Clicking on Command Prompt opens the default folder location in...

Command Prompt not opening. Clicking on Command Prompt opens the default folder location in...: Hi, I'm using windows 10. I have no idea why my command prompt is not launching properly and is instead opening up the default folder in File Explorer i.e. File Explorer is opening up in the command prompt default start up folder. Please help. FYI. I recently downloaded...
  10. Command Prompt Not Opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt Not Opening: Recently attempting to open Command prompt, ordinary or as administrator, it flashes for perhaps 2 seconds and then disappears. I tried the following commands sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth But none of these seem to work, I'm wondering if there...