Windows 10: Open Cortana search entry with another browser?

Discus and support Open Cortana search entry with another browser? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, community, I would like to know how to open other browsers with the "Windows feature" Cortana. So if I can give you an example: Youtube.com as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MakschDE, Jun 6, 2020.

1. MakschDE Win User

Open Cortana search entry with another browser?

Hey, community,

I would like to know how to open other browsers with the "Windows feature" Cortana. So if I can give you an example: Youtube.com as an example, that it opens automatically with Chrome and not with Edge.

Open Cortana search entry with another browser? 0_big.png

:)

MakschDE, Jun 6, 2020
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Open Cortana search entry with another browser? [​IMG]

Try0x101, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Cortana Browser

Hi,

To change Cortana's browser, follow the steps below:

• In the Search bar, type Default Programs.
    • Click Default Programs.
    • Scroll down until you find Web browser.
    • Click Internet Explorer.
    • Change the default Web browser to your preference.
    Please take note that Cortana only works on Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.

Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Open Cortana search entry with another browser?

Cortana search

Hello CBovio,

Let's set Microsoft Edge to be the default browser again for Cortana.

To assign Microsoft Edge as the search engine for Cortana, We would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below.

Steps:

1.Open Microsoft Edge, click on the More Actions

2. Go to Settings. Scroll to Advanced Settings

3. Then click on the View advanced settings button. Make sure that
    Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge is On:

Let Us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Open Cortana search entry with another browser?

1. Open Cortana search entry with another browser? - Similar Threads - Open Cortana search

2. Search Not working and Cortana Won't Open

in Cortana
    Search Not working and Cortana Won't Open: Windows Search will not work on my computer. I cannot access Cortana settings. I cannot access the "about" screen to find out which version of windows 10 is running. I have reset the troubleshooting index for search. It does not find any known issues. Windows Updates...
  3. Cortana & Search

in Cortana
    Cortana & Search: Dear Sirs Recently my Cortana has stopped searching, stating that there is no internet connection. However, the internet connection is fine and and strong and nothing else reports this problem. I have no problems browsing at all. What's going on?...
  4. Cortana search bar in not open

in Cortana
    Cortana search bar in not open: How can I turn on the Cortana search bar? I can talk to ask Cortana a question but I cannot type the question. The search bar is accessible. The microphone is visible....
  5. CORTANA search

in Cortana
    CORTANA search: Hi All, Is there a way to configure CORTANA to search for specific words from a documents contained in specific folder only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search/98bd5c7b-8da6-4617-b617-cb347ba56cf7"
  6. Can’t open browser, cortana or start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t open browser, cortana or start menu: I factory reset my MSI GL62M 7RDX laptop to sell it but I can’t open Internet Explorer, Cortana or the start menu. When I click Cortana or the start menu, the blue circle appears next to my cursor for about 2 or 3 seconds but nothing happens. When I try to open the browser,...
  7. Cortana will not open a browser.

in Cortana
    Cortana will not open a browser.: I have three Windows 10 computers. All have Firefox as the default browser. First, I understand that Cortana will always use Edge as its default browser. I am ok with that. When I type a question into Cortana on one of my machines (an MS Surface Pro 4), Cortana shows...
  8. Cortana will not open, run and search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana will not open, run and search: When I click the Cortana icon nothing happens, it will not open so I cannot use it for searching, reminders, etc. How can I deal with this? 57654
  9. SearchWithMyBrowser - Open Cortana searches in your default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SearchWithMyBrowser - Open Cortana searches in your default browser: Hi! Today, I present to you SearchWithMyBrowser, a little tool to open your Cortana searches in your default browser. Since April 28th, Cortana opens Edge, to force Bing upon you. SearchWithMyBrowser fixes this. It redirects searches to your default browser. If you have...
  10. Cortana web searches not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana web searches not opening: Does it still do this when you have Microsoft Edge set as your default web browser? Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials Yeah, it still doesn't work.