Windows 10: Open doc and PC loses focus - cursor not blinking in doc - cannot type

Discus and support Open doc and PC loses focus - cursor not blinking in doc - cannot type in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; At work, on my Win 10 Pro 64-bit (version 1903) machine with Office 2016 (I think 32-bit), when I open a Word document, it appears full-screen, but the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by glnz, Oct 10, 2020.

1. glnz Win User

Open doc and PC loses focus - cursor not blinking in doc - cannot type

At work, on my Win 10 Pro 64-bit (version 1903) machine with Office 2016 (I think 32-bit), when I open a Word document, it appears full-screen, but the "focus" of the machine is not in the document. If I start typing, nothing happens. Then I notice the cursor is not blinking in the document.
    In order to type in the document, I must either click in the document or go somewhere else (using ALT + TAB) and come back. Then the cursor is blinking in the document and I can type in it.
    This should NOT be necessary.
    My IT guys are stumped.
    Any ideas?

:)

2. Incopatability with Google Docs

Hi Ba,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that Google Docs print option not working as expected.

Try with a different browser and check if it works.

It could be a browser or browser's settings issue.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 10, 2020
  3. srj123 Win User
    Word docs

many thanks for responding and trying to help me. the problem is that all of the docs in various folders that were word docs are no longer word docs - they only open on wordpad (and so parts of the docs cannot be seen). does anyone know why that would
    happen?

I actually don't know if I have a current subscription to office.

thanks again for any help anyone can give

srj123, Oct 10, 2020
  4. ibtal Win User

Word doc

I have N95 8gb.

I copied some word doc from my PC. Most doc are easily opened but others I can not open.

Are there reason that the phone can not open specific doc.

The doc which are not opened contain parts of articles that are copied for Forums or other sources and they contain links , tables and other features.

Any body knows how I can opened these doc to read.

ibtal, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Open doc and PC loses focus - cursor not blinking in doc - cannot type - Similar Threads - Open doc loses

2. Cursor loses grip on docs & files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor loses grip on docs & files: For several months I’ve had a problem on my laptop: when I hold the cursor on the top bar of a document or web browser to move it or change its shape, the cursor seems to slip and the object stops moving or suddenly expands to full screen. Sometimes the cursor grip fails to...
  3. Cursor loses grip on docs & files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor loses grip on docs & files: For several months I’ve had a problem on my laptop: when I hold the cursor on the top bar of a document or web browser to move it or change its shape, the cursor seems to slip and the object stops moving or suddenly expands to full screen. Sometimes the cursor grip fails to...
  4. attaching docs and sharing docs

attaching docs and sharing docs: Hello, I am unable to attach emails and share docs via email. Jane https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attaching-docs-and-sharing-docs/12520def-5747-4500-afda-963bcce46076
  5. Probs opening docs

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Probs opening docs: Hi all, I have an issue that I'm hoping someone may be able to help with. I have recently purchase a new laptop with Win 10 installed and I want to use Office 7 for which I have my original disc and activation code. I have installed it with no problems but when I want to...
  6. CANNOT LOCATE WORD DOCS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CANNOT LOCATE WORD DOCS: I moved a group of Word documents from their location on my PC to OneDrive, and deleted the ones from their original location. They are now in OneDrive with the option to always remain on my hard drive. Now when I try to open one of them within the Word App, I get an error...
  7. opening a word doc

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening a word doc: since purchasing and installing Adobe, When I open a document in word i have about 3 signs coming up - eg: File not found: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/MACPDFM/MacPDFM.framework/Versions/A/MacPDFM How do I stop this?...
  8. Windows can't open this type of file (.doc)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows can't open this type of file (.doc): That's what it claims just now. It's a .doc file created in Word 97. I have letters written in Word 97, can edit them etc. It's more of a curiosity than anything else. But why does it do this? 146571
  9. cannot download and open doc from email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot download and open doc from email: cannot download and open doc from email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-and-open-doc-from-email/3579d8ee-619a-4ebf-b6b1-d521da36bb16"
  10. how to open this doc as word doc?

how to open this doc as word doc?: This document was originally opened as a notepad document, so it opens that way always. I would like to change it to a Word document. Is that possible?...