Windows 10: Open Email in Browser.

Discus and support Open Email in Browser. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Win 10 Home 1903 When this message appears at the top of an OUTLOOK 2019 incoming email... [img] ...I want it to open in my default Browser CHROME... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Pollensa1946, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Open Email in Browser.

Win 10 Home 1903

When this message appears at the top of an OUTLOOK 2019 incoming email...

Open Email in Browser. [​IMG]

...I want it to open in my default Browser CHROME (I used Internet Explorer in my previous Win 7 installation). The filetype is shown as .MHT and a number of apps are offered as potential for opening this file, but none of them are browsers. So I choose "Look for another app on this PC" and select CHROME.EXE The resulting display shows the email content in a continuous text string rather than formatting it to represent the email.
    I assigned EDGE browser via this path...

"C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge.exe"

---and it did not work. EDGE simply blinks and ends. I checked the filetype assignment and EDGE was assigned to that filetype, but not working. I can assign PSTVIEWER exe to read the MHT file, that reads it OK but does not render it properly.

I found this...

Outlook mht viewing in Chrome? - Computer Help - Tech Help Forum by How-To Geek

...but IETAB extension did not work for me. I have queried with the author of that extension.

I found I can open and render it properly in WORD. Which is a satisfactory work-around for the moment, but I would prefer that open in browser worked. Ideas welcome.

:)

Pollensa1946, Oct 16, 2019

2. will not open attachment in an email

Hi Dave,

There are some factors that we need to consider regarding your concern about opening email attachments. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• How do you access your Email?
    • If you are using a browser, have you tried using a different browser?
    • Have you also tried to clear the cache and cookies of your browsers?
    • What is the last action taken before this issue happens?

If you are using an Outlook application to open emails, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    . You can follow the steps provided in the issue #1.

Let us know the result if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Oct 16, 2019
  3. email

My system is Windows 10, my browser is Google Chrome and my email is Windows live. When I open a hyperlink I get a blank/black page listed as "Untitled". Any suggestions?

HELPlucy2016, Oct 16, 2019
  4. kjdawson1 Win User

Open Email in Browser.

Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Open Email in Browser.

1. Open Email in Browser. - Similar Threads - Open Email Browser

2. No browser will open on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No browser will open on desktop: I have a desktop computer running Windows 10, this is its description:SkyTech Legacy - Gaming Computer PC Desktop - AMD 8-Core FX-8300 3.3 GHz, 120GB SSD, GTX 1060 3GB, 1TB HDD, 16GB DDR3, 970 Chipset Motherboard, WIN 10 Home GTX 1060 3G FX-8300 16GB 120GB SSDThere seem to be...
  3. Browsers not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browsers not opening: Ever since I installed the most recent windows update, I haven't been able to open any internet browser except for Microsoft edge. I have tried this with both google chrome and opera and they will open for about a split second and then immediately close itself. I have tried...
  4. unable to open emails in hotmail with any browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to open emails in hotmail with any browser: I am unable to open any email in hotmail in win 10 home. Error message " unable to complete download. Try again later". This is happening 2 days now. I am using Acer Aspire A315-21-99ES Sam...
  5. when i open an email in outlook and it says it has to open in a web browser, the dammed...

in Windows 10 Customization
    when i open an email in outlook and it says it has to open in a web browser, the dammed...: when i open an email in outlook and it says it has to open in a web browser, the dammed thing opens internet explorer 11 ! how do i fix this to use a current "working" Edge. It's really Anoying....
  6. Browser link in Emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser link in Emails: Email links are becoming a major problem, through viruses and phishing. Why on earth hasn't Microsoft produced a simple switch to stop an email link opening a browser. I understand that outlook can do it, but we don't all have that, but we almost all have some version of...
  7. email link browser selection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email link browser selection: When I click on a link within an email message, I receive a screen asking which program to open the said link. I choose Internet Explorer and check the box to always use this program. IE is my default browser but this continues to pop up when I click on a link within any...
  8. Unable to open browser or emails ??

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to open browser or emails ??: Downloaded Windows 10. Seemed to work ok, but now I can't open the browser or my emails account, although the Internet connection is ok. I cannot even close the failed page, I have to use the task manager to end the program. i am running Avast, does that make a difference....
  9. How to change browser that email opens in from IE to Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to change browser that email opens in from IE to Edge?: Hello! I mistakenly chose IE as the browser for my emails to open in when I imported my mails from outlook and I wish to change this to MS Edge. How to I go about this? I've checked in the settings, but it doesn't seem to have what I'm looking for. MY IE doesn't function...
  10. Browser opening

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Browser opening: Good morning, I have a question I have a 32 bit hp pc and a 64 bit hp pc on my desktop when I click my Firefox Icon for my browser to open it takes 25 seconds for my 64 bit browser to open and 8 seconds for my 32 bit browser to open.and I have both browsers setup the same and...