Windows 10: "Open File Explorer" to Quick access, keeps reverting to This PC

Discus and support "Open File Explorer" to Quick access, keeps reverting to This PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It seems that every time I reboot my computer, my folder option of Open File Explorer to Quick access has reverted back to This PC. It is rather... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iamjamieq, Apr 2, 2019.

1. iamjamieq Win User

"Open File Explorer" to Quick access, keeps reverting to This PC

It seems that every time I reboot my computer, my folder option of Open File Explorer to Quick access has reverted back to This PC. It is rather annoying, as I definitely prefer to open to quick access. I can't find anything anywhere online where I can force this change, and stop it reverting. Is there a registry entry somewhere I can edit? I even tried remapping Win+E in AutoHotKey, but there doesn't seem to be a shortcut to Quick access that AHK can utilize. Any help is appreciated.

:)

iamjamieq, Apr 2, 2019
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Why no Quick Access button on Windows 10 File Explorer?

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

It might be that File Explorer is being opened in This PC instead of Quick Access, so follow the below steps to change the same.

Open File Explorer > Go to View tab > Select
    Options > In the Open File Explorer to list, select
    Quick Access from the drop-down list > click on Apply >
    OK.

Once you change the option to Quick Access, File Explorer will be opened in Quick Access with the recent files.

Once you make these changes, let us know the result.

We await your reply.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 2, 2019
  4. "Open File Explorer" to Quick access, keeps reverting to This PC

File Explorer/Quick Access

I recently started having a problem with File Explorer and Quick Access. When I start my computer, all works fine but then gradually the files as listed in File Explorer and Quick Access start to disappear and soon there are none present. I need to
    restart and again they are there but also again they start to disappear. Has anyone else had this problem and any suggestion to correct? Thanks/

Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access / PC

William L Hurley, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

"Open File Explorer" to Quick access, keeps reverting to This PC

1. "Open File Explorer" to Quick access, keeps reverting to This PC - Similar Threads - Open File Explorer

2. Quick Access in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access in File Explorer: For some reason my Quick Access in File Explorer stopped working about a week ago. It does not display pinned folders any more. It does show recent files. When I try to pin anything to it it says that the folder already exists. I only had 4 or 5 folders pinned but it gives me...
  3. File Explorer automatically opens at boot up in Quick Access

File Explorer automatically opens at boot up in Quick Access: For about a week the file explorer opens a quick access window every time the PC boots up. I have not set this up at all. I do not even use the file explorer, but have installed a explorer replacement - xplorer2 - which opens up when you click anything that requires the...
  4. File Explorer Quick Access

File Explorer Quick Access: I have pinned a folder to quick access, file explorer. Folder shows, no problems. I shut my machine down at the end of the day. When I restart and go into file explorer, the folder I pinned to quick access is not there. I have tried various solutions on-line and community...
  5. Open file explorer with quick access blank page

in Windows 10 Support
    Open file explorer with quick access blank page: I got a blank page when I open explorer which is set to open on quick access see screenshot 155878
  6. Win10 Pro open file explorer to quick access not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Pro open file explorer to quick access not working: Hi there. For some reason, File Explorer keeps opening to This PC. I've tried changing the option within File Explorer to Quick Access. I've restarted the process, restarted the computer. Changed the option to This PC and then back to Quick Access. Changed the relevant...
  7. In File Explorer Quick Access

In File Explorer Quick Access: Listed is old Firefox > ylzp0n7i.default Is that OK or should I delete? Also, I get a lot of cookies and I enabled block 3rd party cookies Thank you for your anticipated help...
  8. make File Explorer and "Save As" always open to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    make File Explorer and "Save As" always open to Quick Access: In File Explorer the navigation pane shows One Drive, Dropbox, This PC, E: flash drive, and F: flash drive; all with the same named files and folders I frequently use and backup. Since this is very confusing, in order to be sure I make make no mistakes when opening or saving...
  9. Open to This PC or Quick access in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open to This PC or Quick access in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Open to This PC or Quick access in File Explorer in Windows 10 Set File Explorer to Open to This PC or Quick access by Default in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, File Explorer opens to Quick access by default which shows your Frequent folders and...
  10. Explorer opening to "This PC" instead of "Quick Access"

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer opening to "This PC" instead of "Quick Access": I find it really annoying that I have to scroll up the left nav bar to quick access when I open a Explorer window. I went to View, Options and set "Open File Explorer to: Quick Access" but it still opens to This PC. Anyone know how to fix that? 102962