Windows 10: Open File Explorer with pre-defined directory?

Discus and support Open File Explorer with pre-defined directory? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In old Win7 users could place a shortcut on TaskBar then open Properties of this shortcut, go to "Shortcut" tab and enter %windir%\explorer.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clsven, Jul 22, 2019.

1. clsven Win User

Open File Explorer with pre-defined directory?

In old Win7 users could place a shortcut on TaskBar then open Properties of this shortcut, go to "Shortcut" tab and enter

%windir%\explorer.exe /n,/e,D:\data

This opens (when clicked) Windows Explorer and mark and expands directory D:\data\

Unfortunately this does not work any more in Win10.

What is the corresponding solution in Win10?

Claudia

:)

clsven, Jul 22, 2019

2. Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.5

• New Menu strip(File, Edit, View, Advanced, Help)
    • Removed "About" button and add "About" in Help drop down.
    • File dropdown menu list (Add folder..., Export(Text file, Excel File), Exit)
    • Edit dropdown menu list (Delete file, Delete folder)
    • View dropdown menu list (Detail, Explorer - Beta)
    • Advance dropdown menu list (Check for updates)
    • Help dropdown menu list (About)
    • New multi threaded
    • New "Explorer - Beta" turns the folder list into a Explorer type view.
    • New in the "About" window when hovering over the "Directory Size Utility" changes the text color to blue to show it as a clickable link to the site.

Download Here

Main Screen - New Screen!

Open File Explorer with pre-defined directory? Main.jpg

Download Here

Mindweaver, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Open File Explorer with pre-defined directory?

Pre-defined key

Hello,

What is the pre-defined key for setting VPN?I have got password from VPN service provider but where to get pre-defined key?

Regards

Kabir

jannatulkabir, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Open File Explorer with pre-defined directory?

1. Open File Explorer with pre-defined directory? - Similar Threads - Open File Explorer

2. File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory: Hey All!A Friend Of Mine Was Trying To Install Windows Terminal Alacrity Or Something but when he started it, he got a error telling him he doesn't have vclibs or something installed, so somebody online told him to install Visual C++ Redistributables From Here:...
  3. File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory: Hey All!A Friend Of Mine Was Trying To Install Windows Terminal Alacrity Or Something but when he started it, he got a error telling him he doesn't have vclibs or something installed, so somebody online told him to install Visual C++ Redistributables From Here:...
  4. File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Directory in left window of File explorer opens while dragging file to it

Directory in left window of File explorer opens while dragging file to it: Windows-10 FILE EXPLORER:This issue occurs whenever a file is being dragged to be copied or moved to another folder/directory within the folder/directory tree on the left side of the screen. If the mouse cursor momentarily hovers over the intended folder, that folder will...
  6. Directory in left window of File explorer opens while dragging file to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directory in left window of File explorer opens while dragging file to it: Windows-10 FILE EXPLORER:This issue occurs whenever a file is being dragged to be copied or moved to another folder/directory within the folder/directory tree on the left side of the screen. If the mouse cursor momentarily hovers over the intended folder, that folder will...
  7. Directory in left window of File explorer opens while dragging file to it

8. Open app with defined window size and on defined position

Open app with defined window size and on defined position: Hello,how can be possible in Win10 and Win111. Open app with defined window size only an example: open MS Word with window size x700,y600,2. Open app to defined position on desktop only an example: Open MS Word app left top corner to desktop position x20,y10,3. It are...
  9. Open app with defined window size and on defined position

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open app with defined window size and on defined position: Hello,how can be possible in Win10 and Win111. Open app with defined window size only an example: open MS Word with window size x700,y600,2. Open app to defined position on desktop only an example: Open MS Word app left top corner to desktop position x20,y10,3. It are...
  10. File Explorer slow to open file directories and some files

File Explorer slow to open file directories and some files: Hello, My Asus Zenbook is relatively new, with very few files on it, and my file explorer is slow to open my files or One Drive files using the explore.exe command on the task bar or when I create a shortcut. I've tried some other options recommended in similar forums, but...