Windows 10: Open File Location Does Not Display in File Explorer

Discus and support Open File Location Does Not Display in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 and OneDrive to store files offline because I have a tiny SSD hard drive. When I do a search for a file and right-mouse click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Maverick Martin, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Open File Location Does Not Display in File Explorer

I am using Windows 10 and OneDrive to store files offline because I have a tiny SSD hard drive.

When I do a search for a file and right-mouse click to open the file location, because there are other files in that location that I am actually looking for, there is no option to go to the file location. I understand, the file is not on my hard drive so Windows can't find a file that is not there. But it is there, even it is only virtually there.

Folders are fine. I can see the folder location. But files are a mystery to Windows Explorer.

I have figured out a work-around. I can download a file that is in that file location and then I can go to that file location with a right-mouse click.

It would be nice if Windows was smart enough to know to open the folder where the place-holder resides.

:)

Maverick Martin, Jun 3, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jun 3, 2019
  3. File explorer will not open on windows 10

In this case, it's possible that the File Explorer is set to open an incorrect/corrupted file location. To rule out folder path related issues, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box. From the search result, click
      Control Panel.
    • Select Small icons from the View by: drop-down list located on the top right side of the window.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • Under the General tab, select This
      PC
      from the Open File Explorer to: drop-down list.
    • Click OK.

Once you're done, open File Explorer again and check if the issue persists.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Open File Location Does Not Display in File Explorer

Open file location is missing in pinned apps

No, that's not the sort of 'file location' the OP is referring to. Your 'file location' opens File Explorer at the location of the shortcut for that app in the Start Menu's Programs folder. The OP wants the list of recently opened files, or the Jump List as it is known (hover over each one and it shows its file location). Theirs is turned off (and yours by the looks of it).

Open File Location Does Not Display in File Explorer [​IMG]

Bree, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Open File Location Does Not Display in File Explorer

1. Open File Location Does Not Display in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Open File Location

2. file path does not display in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file path does not display in file explorer: File path is not display in file explorer windows 11, all it shows is documents, pictures, etc. I want c:\..users.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-does-not-display-in-file-explorer/08b7ae14-413f-42a2-9789-26cfb0e5adad
  3. file path does not display in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file path does not display in file explorer: File path is not display in file explorer windows 11, all it shows is documents, pictures, etc. I want c:\..users.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-does-not-display-in-file-explorer/08b7ae14-413f-42a2-9789-26cfb0e5adad
  4. "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..: I think the title sums up this annoying issue, but I'll elaborate anyway for the sake of clarity:When I right click on a program in the Start menu and click on "Open file location" it should, by right, open the location of the file, but it never does. It always opens the...
  5. "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..

"Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..: I think the title sums up this annoying issue, but I'll elaborate anyway for the sake of clarity:When I right click on a program in the Start menu and click on "Open file location" it should, by right, open the location of the file, but it never does. It always opens the...
  6. File Explorer opens without displaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer opens without displaying: When I use win+E to open the file explorer, there are folders in the status bar, but there is no file explorer window on the desktop. I cannot view my files and folders....
  7. File Explorer opens without displaying

File Explorer opens without displaying: When I use win+E to open the file explorer, there are folders in the status bar, but there is no file explorer window on the desktop. I cannot view my files and folders....
  8. File Explorer does not open when uploading files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer does not open when uploading files: Has anyone experienced an issue where you can't upload files in any apps or even on the internet used different browsers?When I click on browse it does nothing, it does not connect to the file explorer. I'm thinking it's a privacy setting but I already made sure that I...
  9. File Explorer does not open when uploading files

File Explorer does not open when uploading files: Has anyone experienced an issue where you can't upload files in any apps or even on the internet used different browsers?When I click on browse it does nothing, it does not connect to the file explorer. I'm thinking it's a privacy setting but I already made sure that I...
  10. File Explorer opens but does not function

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer opens but does not function: I have all the current Windows 10 Home 64-bit updates. File Explorer opens with its main screen but no files are listed in the main file listing window. Instead the message 'working on it' appears t the top of the Window and the spinning blue disc spins away. None of the...