Windows 10: Open File Location - Microsoft Photos

Discus and support Open File Location - Microsoft Photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I used to have the option to 'open file location' when I right-clicked an image inside of photos. It used to be between these two options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by yRonen, Sep 18, 2020.

1. yRonen Win User

Open File Location - Microsoft Photos

Hi,

I used to have the option to 'open file location' when I right-clicked an image inside of photos.

It used to be between these two options Open File Location - Microsoft Photos fdd77044-62d8-463e-8e36-510915da0e1f?upload=true.png

But it has disappeared.

I can't find anything about this online, please help.

:)

yRonen, Sep 18, 2020
  2. krohm Win User

Unable to open .svg files with Microsoft Photos

Unable to select Microsoft Photos app for .svg file association when using the Open With context menu

So I tried installing ownership context menu to actually access the Microsoft Photos app, which pointed to the directory, C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\

But there is no exe in that folder, and it seems when checking task manager and opening file location of the Microsoft Photos app when it's open, it points to a created folder inside the above folder. So it creates an individual folder each time the application is open.

The option isn't under Settings \ System \ Default Apps \ Choose default application by file type

Again, I run into the same problem without being able to select the application when trying to choose based on the .svg extension.

So there is no way of selecting the Microsoft Photos app to associate with .svg

So I'm kinda out of ideas here, assistance / thoughts appreciated

Cheers

krohm, Sep 18, 2020
  3. 1.63 gb in empty photos app

Hi James,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Is there any hidden files and folders in photo app?
    This issue could be caused due to a corrupted system file. I would suggest you try these steps and check:

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Removing duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Deleting photos from Microsoft Photos will delete the files from the original location. However, Microsoft Photos will only display the photos from the folders that are added to Photos application. You can remove the folders from Microsoft Photos that
    you don’t want. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Microsoft Photos app.
    2. Click on the Ellipsis on the top right corner of the window and click on
      Settings.
    3. Under Sources, remove the folder that has duplicate photos by clicking on
      X.

To remove the duplicate photos from the computer, please navigate to the location where the photos are saved and then you can delete the photos are duplicate.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Open File Location - Microsoft Photos - Similar Threads - Open File Location

2. "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..: I think the title sums up this annoying issue, but I'll elaborate anyway for the sake of clarity:When I right click on a program in the Start menu and click on "Open file location" it should, by right, open the location of the file, but it never does. It always opens the...
  3. "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..: I think the title sums up this annoying issue, but I'll elaborate anyway for the sake of clarity:When I right click on a program in the Start menu and click on "Open file location" it should, by right, open the location of the file, but it never does. It always opens the...
  4. Open File Location in Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open File Location in Photos: How can I open the folder containing the image file that is open in Photos? This used to be a right-click option, but it's now gone. I know that the path of the file can be viewed via `Right-click > File information > Folder path`; but that does not offer a way to get to...
  5. Open File Location?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open File Location?: I've had Win 10 for a few months now and one thing I'd like to change is, when I do a Start button Search, and R click a result, I don't see the option to Open File Location. can I enable this somehow??...
  6. File location for camera photos

File location for camera photos: When I take a photo or video with my Surface Pro 7 camera I want it to ask me where to store the photo. I need to be able to specify a specific folder on a specific drive and it may be different each time I take a photo. Is there a way to do this?...
  7. Determining picture file folder location with Microsoft Photos

Determining picture file folder location with Microsoft Photos: When I use Microsoft Photos under Windows 10, I find it very difficult to determine exactly what file folder a given picture file is in. I organize my pictured in file folders, and need to know this. I find Photos is far too "helpful" when it tries to hide important...
  8. Microsoft Photo : We can't open this file

Microsoft Photo : We can't open this file: Hello, I am hoping that someone might have experienced this issue and have a resolve for it. In Windows 10 I use the Microsoft photos to view and edit pictures, today I got this message " We can't open this file" it is jpg file …I've been using it for a couple of years now...
  9. Windows Photos opens instead of notification of file location

Windows Photos opens instead of notification of file location: Previously, when I download a Pixel 2 photo taken that is copied to Google Photos into my PC there was a notification to locate the file in my PC's Download folder, now it is not there and only Windows Photos opens, so I cannot locate the file in my PC...
  10. Open file location

in Windows 10 Support
    Open file location: When I select "Open file location" it opens the program folder. EDIT: The issue may be that I used "ProgramLocation\ProgramName" "FileLocation\FileName" to open the file because it is Excel and this prevents it opening in the same instance. EDIT 2: That is the problem,...