Windows 10: "Open File - Security Warning" on many exe file on my D:\

Discus and support "Open File - Security Warning" on many exe file on my D:\ in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Many of the exe files on my D-drive have all of a sudden begun to show the "Open File - Security Warning" when launched. Some files I can select to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LeeMania, Aug 13, 2016.

1. LeeMania Win User

"Open File - Security Warning" on many exe file on my D:\

Many of the exe files on my D-drive have all of a sudden begun to show the "Open File - Security Warning" when launched. Some files I can select to don't show again but with my Battle.net and Diablo III folder I can't. Everytime an exe is run by Battle.net I get a warning and it's extremely annoying. I've tried the "Get-ChildItem "xx" -recurse|unblock-file" on all of D:\ and the specific folders for Battle.net and Diablo III, but it didn't change anything. Can anybody help?

Extra info: I've just reinstalled Battle.net but the Diablo installation is old and has never done this before.

UPDATE-Apparently after messing around with some IE settings I got it to stop prompting me.

:)

LeeMania, Aug 13, 2016
Thema:

"Open File - Security Warning" on many exe file on my D:\

1. "Open File - Security Warning" on many exe file on my D:\ - Similar Threads - Open File Security

2. How to disable this security message "Open file security warning"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable this security message "Open file security warning": I just started getting this message probably some pushed "update" from MS when I try to doubleclick to open one of my favorites. Very annoying. I've already tried this;I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this, that is an old setting that is a hangover from...
  3. How to disable this security message "Open file security warning"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable this security message "Open file security warning": I just started getting this message probably some pushed "update" from MS when I try to doubleclick to open one of my favorites. Very annoying. I've already tried this;I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this, that is an old setting that is a hangover from...
  4. EXE file will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXE file will not open: I recently had some software installed on my computer that was not running well so I uninstalled and tried to reinstall it but the EXE file would no longer open. I googled the issue which references registry issues but having followed troubleshooting steps it still did not...
  5. EXE file will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EXE file will not open: I recently had some software installed on my computer that was not running well so I uninstalled and tried to reinstall it but the EXE file would no longer open. I googled the issue which references registry issues but having followed troubleshooting steps it still did not...
  6. EXE file will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. .exe files not opening

.exe files not opening: I Recently Got Rid Of Malware On My Windows 10 Laptop, But It Doesn't Let Me Open Any .exe Files Anymore. It Gives Me The Error "Windows can't open this type of file.exe". Does Anyone Know A Solution To This Problem?...
  8. How to disable this security message "Open file security warning"

How to disable this security message "Open file security warning": How to disable this message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-this-security-message-open-file/180ff989-b733-43cb-949c-20cf04bed0c6
  9. Open File - Security Warning ~ how to remove

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open File - Security Warning ~ how to remove: Hi all, If I save a file such as an image to my hard drive, when I open it later from explorer I get the pop-up box for a Security Warning. It's obvious why, just protecting me from bad guys. However, this box requires me to unclick 'Always ask before opening this file'...
  10. Opening exe file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening exe file: I have upgraded my windows 7 laptop from windows 7 to 10 and now I cannot run exe file by clicking on it or clicking run as administrator , the file doesn't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-exe-file/a23ad151-4dca-47b8-8bcd-a9e25a4b44dd