Windows 10: Open File Warning Notification Help?

Discus and support Open File Warning Notification Help? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I'm a little baffled. I'm not a pro when it comes to IT but I'll have a good go at trying to work things out. I need my Win 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by darchy81, Dec 8, 2020.

1. darchy81 Win User

Open File Warning Notification Help?

Hi everyone!

I'm a little baffled. I'm not a pro when it comes to IT but I'll have a good go at trying to work things out. I need my Win 10 Pro laptop to pass an external office audit. As part of the audit it must issue a Open File Warning message when opening certain file types.

The file types I'm having issues with are:

.bat
    .exe
    .com

Every time I download and open the test files they run automatically without first issuing the open file warning message.

Are there changes I can make in the registry or GPO editor that would force the warning message regardless of file type being opened? I'm at a loss, I've tried a considerable amount of fixes and so far nothing has worked.

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Dewi

:)

darchy81, Dec 8, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Reg/batch to disable "Open File - Security Warning"

That's ok. To help clarify for everyone, which registry editing did you use and apply?

In addition, what error message are you trying to get rid of?

If you mean for the "Open-File Security Warning" message, then you could use the download in step 5 of OPTION ONE in the tutorial below to disable it.

Open File Security Warning - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums

Brink, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Open File Warning Notification Help? - Similar Threads - Open File Warning

2. Help Regarding Notification Bar is not Opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Regarding Notification Bar is not Opening.: So the issue is the notification bar is not opening but the notification is arriving i tried everything like resetting the driver and setting updating everything like drivers , but i don't won't to reset my system anything regarding it tell me about . I don't download any...
  3. Help Regarding Notification Bar is not Opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Regarding Notification Bar is not Opening.: So the issue is the notification bar is not opening but the notification is arriving i tried everything like resetting the driver and setting updating everything like drivers , but i don't won't to reset my system anything regarding it tell me about . I don't download any...
  4. Lock screen warning notification sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen warning notification sound: Need a way to set a warning notification sound 1 minute before the screen lock initiates.Network admins have locked control for lock screen timing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-warning-notification-sound/3b1b3d57-8706-4c9f-b270-79f124263b8f
  5. Open File - Security Warning ~ how to remove

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open File - Security Warning ~ how to remove: Hi all, If I save a file such as an image to my hard drive, when I open it later from explorer I get the pop-up box for a Security Warning. It's obvious why, just protecting me from bad guys. However, this box requires me to unclick 'Always ask before opening this file'...
  6. warning notification on desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    warning notification on desktop: [ATTACH] this popped up around the same time as 'norton is about to expire' I never had Norton Any idea wher this is in files,it does not seem to be in notifacation s...
  7. Invert colours when notification/warning

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invert colours when notification/warning: Hi so a while ago I think I turned on a setting that inverts the colours when I get a notification/warning. I don't like it and I want to turn the setting off but I don't find it. Pls help....
  8. Unwanted Warning/Notifications with Win 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unwanted Warning/Notifications with Win 10: Windows 10 Home Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.864) I am getting notifications on a random basis on my screen, as per the attachment, that always are seeking to access a folder/file (not always the same) in the WindowsApp folder. I have changed ownership and securities for the...
  9. Notifications: System Warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notifications: System Warning: Hello, I am getting a lot of notifications like the one attached. Could anyone please help me to rectify this issue? Regards Emi [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-system-warning/3c47f151-047f-4755-a292-b3cbd317c9ef"
  10. Warning on default app opening docx file

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Warning on default app opening docx file: I upgraded my 8.1 laptop to 10 about 2 weeks ago now. Basically all is OK, but I do run in to quirks here and there. The latest one is that whenever I dbl-click a .docx (or a .doc) on the desktop or in filemanager, I get the warning below. It nonetheless opens the file...