Windows 10: Open file with what program?

Discus and support Open file with what program? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All my file associations have been set forever. Now, after windows update i keep getting asked what program i want to use to open jpegs, vidoe files,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by danielholeman, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Open file with what program?

All my file associations have been set forever. Now, after windows update i keep getting asked what program i want to use to open jpegs, vidoe files, etc. So annoying. I did not change anything Microsoft **** around and the association is still set but you keep asking anyway.

:)

danielholeman, Apr 14, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Apr 14, 2019
  3. DCnewbie Win User
    Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Apr 14, 2019
  4. dark2099 Win User

Open file with what program?

Program to open non MS standard CAB files?

There is a list of programs at the bottom that you might want to try.

dark2099, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Open file with what program?

1. Open file with what program? - Similar Threads - Open file program

2. W10 keeps asking for what program to open a file with

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 keeps asking for what program to open a file with: Hi, W10 randomly keeps asking what program to use to open a file, but the filetypes and programs are already associated and been working before. It even knows what's the program to use when asking for it. I need to confirm everything then it's ok for a while, until it...
  3. What is Program" Files? And yes " is not a typo

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is Program" Files? And yes " is not a typo: I found a program called Program in my startup list, when I opened the Command-Line for the file it showed me C:\Program" Files\Common Files\Wondersh... pretty sure it's wondershare filmora [ATTACH] The weird part is that it has a " Can anyone help? Any solution pls...
  4. what program opens .etl files in windows temp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what program opens .etl files in windows temp: what program opens .etl files in windows temp, can they be deleted daily? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-program-opens-etl-files-in-windows-temp/b5b038bd-f134-4bab-94e0-5c94cb2c58e0
  5. choosing a program to open a program file

in Windows 10 Customization
    choosing a program to open a program file: why can't I drop and drag a program file in windows 10 and it becomes the default program for that program file? I has worked from windows 95.........
  6. File is open in another program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File is open in another program: I share a folder on my network with firetv. I use it to watch movies on a tv. If I watch a movie then in fire TV close the app I used to watch it. Then using my new upgraded win10 computer I can't move or delete that movie I watched says File is open in another program I...
  7. File is open in another program

in Windows 10 Support
    File is open in another program: I share a folder on my network with firetv. I use it to watch movies on a tv. If I watch a movie then in fire TV close the app I used to watch it. Then using my new upgraded win10 computer I can't move or delete that movie I watched says File is open in another program I...
  8. Unknown program opening open file with program dialogue.

Unknown program opening open file with program dialogue.: I keep having this issue every morning when I get on my computer. The open with program dialogue will be open asking what I would like to open *File* with. Said file is unknown *I did not open anything as I was away from the computer* My instinct tells me to click notepad...
  9. What is this program for? AL open AL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is this program for? AL open AL: What is this program for? AL open AL thank you[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/al/60f79373-0dd8-4522-9986-55b834d8bd53
  10. OPENING FILES/PROGRAMS

OPENING FILES/PROGRAMS: HI THERE,COULD ANYONE HELP I HAVE LOADS OF FILES AND PROGRAMS I NEED DESPERATLY TO USE BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO OPEN AS ALWAYS SHOWS ERROR CANT OPEN 'EXE' FIES HOW DO I OPEN THEM WHAT DO I NEED TO GET OR WHAT DO I NEED TO DO PLEASE HELP AND THANKS....