Windows 10: open files instead of always saving them

Discus and support open files instead of always saving them in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I still haven't mastered the concept of just being able to open a file without saving it. I end up deleting tons of useless data, and it gets annoying.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PamZF, Sep 7, 2019.

1. PamZF Win User

open files instead of always saving them

I still haven't mastered the concept of just being able to open a file without saving it. I end up deleting tons of useless data, and it gets annoying. Can anyone offer me a solution?

:)

PamZF, Sep 7, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Making HDD as default saving location instead of sdd for files

Hi Kiefer,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

I suggest you to try the following steps to change default saving locations. Check if it helps.

• Click on Start and click on
      Settings.

• Open System and click on
      Storage in the left-pane.

• Under the section Save Locations in the
      right-pane, select the appropriate location to which you want to save files.

• Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

1. open files instead of always saving them - Similar Threads - open files instead

2. Make Microsoft Edge download PDF files instead of opening them

in Windows 10 News
    Make Microsoft Edge download PDF files instead of opening them: [ATTACH]Windows 10 almost forces users to use Microsoft Edge as the default application for […] This article Make Microsoft Edge download PDF files instead of opening them first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Save As file name now opens a folder containing part of the file name instead of saving.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As file name now opens a folder containing part of the file name instead of saving.: Hello all, as of today I am now having a frustrating problem with Windows 10 when attempting to save a file with Save As. If the name I type for the file to be saved is the same as, or the same as part of a folders name, clicking save now opens that folder instead of saving...
  4. why does the system suddenly ask to "save" print files instead of printing them?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why does the system suddenly ask to "save" print files instead of printing them?: My HP pavilion g7 has suddenly decided to start sending everything to a save file instead of directly to a print file. Even if I say to save it, it still does not print. I have tried to check settings and don't see this as an option....
  5. Cannot print a file; It opens as ‘Save as’ instead on Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot print a file; It opens as ‘Save as’ instead on Windows computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 computers come with support for a range of peripherals. This includes a long list of printers. But some users have reported encountering a glitch on their Windows 10 computer where they get a prompt to save the PDF, [...] This post Cannot print a...
  6. Saving files to word instead of wordpad

Saving files to word instead of wordpad: How do I save files in Word format instead of wordpad? I've tried to change the default settings in apps but can't find anything that would change wordpad to word....
  7. wordpad file disappeared instead of saving

wordpad file disappeared instead of saving: I closed a wordpad doc that I clicked to save and it disappeared. Usually I would see a screen that allowed me to name my document and direct it to a file. How do I search for something that doesn't have a file name. Can it be recovered? Thanks...
  8. make File Explorer and "Save As" always open to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    make File Explorer and "Save As" always open to Quick Access: In File Explorer the navigation pane shows One Drive, Dropbox, This PC, E: flash drive, and F: flash drive; all with the same named files and folders I frequently use and backup. Since this is very confusing, in order to be sure I make make no mistakes when opening or saving...
  9. Dragging icons opens the files instead of moving them

in Windows 10 Support
    Dragging icons opens the files instead of moving them: If the solution above does not fix your problem ... Perhaps your mouse button has become hyper-sensitive. You press and hold the left-button to drag. But the button/switch might be defective. It might double-click without you knowing it! A new mouse might solve the problem.
  10. save files instead of opening ... how to change ?

in Windows 10 Support
    save files instead of opening ... how to change ?: Hello *chuckle New to this forum. Also new to windows 10 somewhat. My problem is when I go to open files from email accounts ( I have two e-mails) it will not open ..just goes to save it question .. same with downloads.. What have I screwed up? *Huh 71897

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can view files without saving