Windows 10: open folder display

Discus and support open folder display in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use windows 10. when I open a folder, I used to see 2 parts, separated by a movable handle. The left side showed all the devices and recently used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by simbster, Apr 10, 2020.

1. simbster Win User

open folder display

I use windows 10. when I open a folder, I used to see 2 parts, separated by a movable handle. The left side showed all the devices and recently used folders, the right side showed what's in the currently open folder. Now, the left side is very narrow panel 1/4 " in width. The right side is fine. How do I enlarge the left side so that I can read the names again?

Klaus

:)

simbster, Apr 10, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Jacko28 Win User
    Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Apr 10, 2020
  4. open folder display

Can't open folders on desktop

Hello David,

System file corruption is one of the possible causes of this issue. For us to isolate and assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• What exactly happens when you try to open folder?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking this article and follow the
    steps to automatically diagnose and repair problems with files and folders in Windows.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

open folder display

1. open folder display - Similar Threads - open folder display

2. Is there a way to display folder icon as open folder set the view layout to list ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to display folder icon as open folder set the view layout to list ?: Whenever I change the view layout to list and detail the folder icon change to closed folder like this one Is there a way to always display the folder icon as open folder ? like this one Thank you in advanced....
  3. Is there a way to display folder icon as open folder set the view layout to list ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to display folder icon as open folder set the view layout to list ?: Whenever I change the view layout to list and detail the folder icon change to closed folder like this one Is there a way to always display the folder icon as open folder ? like this one Thank you in advanced....
  4. Is there a way to display folder icon as open folder set the view layout to list ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Auto play open folder function not displaying in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto play open folder function not displaying in Windows 11: Odd little issue has popped up in Windows 11. I have "open folder to view files" set for removable drives. Yet when I plug in a USB drive, the folder is not opening. I need to navigate in File Explorer to the drive to open it. Any way to correct this? Thanks!...
  6. Auto play open folder function not displaying in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto play open folder function not displaying in Windows 11: Odd little issue has popped up in Windows 11. I have "open folder to view files" set for removable drives. Yet when I plug in a USB drive, the folder is not opening. I need to navigate in File Explorer to the drive to open it. Any way to correct this? Thanks!...
  7. Displaying an image when opening a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Displaying an image when opening a folder: Hello everyone! Merry Christmas! I was wondering if anyone could help me to set up something kind of weird. I want to display an image like the one on the picture I attached every time a certain folder is opened. I've been told I must use an autorun.inf file, is this...
  8. Folder opening

Folder opening: how do set one click option in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-opening/bb961194-ae42-4f54-b378-79ac0a6da8fa
  9. Opening display

Opening display: When opening my Pc now, all I get is a black screen with the various icons of apps I use. I cannot personalise the display. I can get to "Personalise" but no further so am unable to set wallpaper and other related views....
  10. folder display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder display: Sometimes File Manager displays them A-Z, sometimes Z-A. How do I make it always A-Z? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-display/c409e823-bac5-419d-be90-9349217f35f1"