Windows 10: Open folder with cmd?

Discus and support Open folder with cmd? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I would like to use cmd to open a specific folder in Windows Explorer on Windows 10. Does anyone know how to do that? OOrdner mit cmd öffnen? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GuteFRageHABER, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Open folder with cmd?

Hello I would like to use cmd to open a specific folder in Windows Explorer on Windows 10.

Does anyone know how to do that?

:)

GuteFRageHABER, Jun 9, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Jacko28 Win User
    Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Open folder with cmd?

Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Open folder with cmd?

1. Open folder with cmd? - Similar Threads - Open folder cmd

2. CMD not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD not opening: I am not able to open CMD, i have tried multiple fixes online but nothing really workedI am running on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-not-opening/fc3d4904-0d2d-4f26-8b4c-d66593d49207
  3. CMD not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD not opening: I am not able to open CMD, i have tried multiple fixes online but nothing really workedI am running on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-not-opening/fc3d4904-0d2d-4f26-8b4c-d66593d49207
  4. CMD not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Open CMD as admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open CMD as admin: Hi all,I want to run a batch file that opens a command window as admin and then changes the directory to a specific one.Please help.After that - I wish the cmd will stay open for me to write commands. Meaning - I do not wish the cmd window to close.Guy...
  6. cmd not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cmd not opening: Hello guys. I got a burning question about command prompt that has disturbed me for the better part of this week.My cmd had been working well until a few days ago when it could just blink, but not open. I have tried so many options, including creating shortcuts and going...
  7. CMD NOT OPENING

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD NOT OPENING: So im trying to opn my cmd but everytime it opens it closes within 3 seconds...i tried to create a new environment path...didnt worked. tried sfc /scannow in powershell..didnt found any missing files....what should i do then?...
  8. run,cmd not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    run,cmd not opening: i opened my start menu and in that i opened windows system in which there is no run and cmd options only taskmanager is present hoe to re insall run and cmd...
  9. Pinned folders in taskbar opens CMD in default?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned folders in taskbar opens CMD in default?: When I left click the folders in taskbar, for example, "Downloads" from the Library then the CMD shows up for half a second and disappears, it's fine when I double click the folders from the Windows Explorer window itself, but not in taskbar. Any ideas? 109404
  10. CMD Randomly opens..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CMD Randomly opens..: Hey guys, So I just reformatted my PC and did a fresh install of windows 10 as my computer was running into some issues. The install went fine I reinstalled all of the computers drivers from the manufacturers website. My computer is custom built, so I had to go around to...