Windows 10: Open In a New Window doesn't work from Navigation Pane

Discus and support Open In a New Window doesn't work from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I open the file explorer or any folder for example. Then when I right click on the element inside that folder the main files/folders list and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Noiseymur, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Noiseymur Win User

Open In a New Window doesn't work from Navigation Pane

Hello. I open the file explorer or any folder for example. Then when I right click on the element inside that folder the main files/folders list and select "Open in a New Window" option, that works perfectly. However, when I do the exact same action by right clicking on the same folder on the Navigation Pane the left side of window the file explorer suddenly exits and the taskbar kind of reloads Icons on it disappear and appear again. What is the possible reason and how can I fix this ?

:)

Noiseymur, Jan 26, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Open In a New Window doesn't work from Navigation Pane [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 26, 2021
  3. KeithM Win User
    Navigation Pane always opens scrolled at bottom

Here's how to reset the Navigation Pane state:
    1. Close all Explorer windows
    2. Open Regedit & navigate to Code:
    3. In the right-hand pane, delete the value named ExpandedState.
    4. Log off & log back on.

Keith

KeithM, Jan 26, 2021
  4. AnnC6346 Win User

Windows 10 Navigation Pane is blank after the new Windows 10 update

Followed the steps. It is checked, navigation pane not there.

AnnC6346, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Open In a New Window doesn't work from Navigation Pane - Similar Threads - Open Window doesn't

2. New Windows 11 navigation pane not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 11 navigation pane not showing: I have Windows 11 build 22621.1702, if that helpsI have tabs, but not the navigation plane. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-windows-11-navigation-pane-not-showing/88eecdab-7196-4760-831a-f11a694f39e6
  3. New Windows 11 navigation pane not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows 11 navigation pane not showing: I have Windows 11 build 22621.1702, if that helpsI have tabs, but not the navigation plane. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-windows-11-navigation-pane-not-showing/88eecdab-7196-4760-831a-f11a694f39e6
  4. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  5. Navigation Pane.

Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  6. Folders missing from Navigation Pane

Folders missing from Navigation Pane: Desktop and Download folders missing from Navigation Pane. Also There is 2 Libraries Folders in navigation pane.OS : Windows 11 Home Insider Preview, Build 25140rs...
  7. Navigation Pane - Will Not Expand to Open Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane - Will Not Expand to Open Folder: Like the title says, I cannot get the navigation pane to expand to the currently open folder right now on one of my machines, it stays stuck on either Desktop or Quick Access. And mainly when navigating one of the virtual folders, like "My Documents". I think I need to go...
  8. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  9. Remove User from navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove User from navigation Pane: Hello, any idea about how to remove the user (Ciccio in the picture) from the navigation pane (and/or from the save as windows)? [img] 11775
  10. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane: Can anyone tell me how to get the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer to expand to show the sub folders. If I right click the folder, 'Expand' is greyed out. This has only happened since the AU. Thank you 64888