Windows 10: 'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

Discus and support 'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just submitted this suggestion on Windows Uservoice: The idea: the right-click menu for folders in File Explorer has an option called 'Open in new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Delicieuxz, Jul 16, 2015.

1. 'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

I just submitted this suggestion on Windows Uservoice:

The idea: the right-click menu for folders in File Explorer has an option called 'Open in new window', which opens that folder in a new File Explorer window. Very useful for copying and moving things, and opening destination folders without accessing the start menu a second time.

right-click menu option for File Explorer – Feature Suggestions for Windows

:)

Delicieuxz, Jul 16, 2015
  2. Jane Lla Win User

German option in my File Explorer right click menu

Hello Carra,

We'd like to get more information regarding this so we could further check and provide a more established workaround.

Confirm the current build your Windows 10 is running, as this information is vital for us to proceed with the investigation.
    (Type winver into the Cortana search box, then hit Enter.)

Check if German is added to the Languages feature under Region & language on Windows Settings.

If it was added there, make sure that English is on top of all the language packs installed.

Also, just to check for possible system file corruption, run the
    System File Checker
    tool and restart your computer then check if the issue persists.

Update us with the outcome.

Regards.

Jane Lla, Jul 16, 2015
  3. CarraXat Win User
    German option in my File Explorer right click menu

My OS is in English but I never paid enough attention to know whether this has always been the case. I downloaded a German Language pack for my Microsoft Office quite a while back, but have subsequently deleted it. However, the
    Save As option in my File Explorer right click menu (and for some reason no other option) has been translated to German and I can't get it back to English. It's really bothering me and as my OS language has always been in English, I haven't
    found any help.

'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer [​IMG]

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage

CarraXat, Jul 16, 2015
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

Is this a weird joke/troll?

That feature has been in Explorer since at least Windows 7...

5. I'm not talking about internet explorer.

Delicieuxz, Jul 17, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    Nus wasn't either.

Boozad, Jul 17, 2015
  7. That's interesting. I had looked in Windows 10 before making the feature request and didn't see it.

Your image is of an archive's right click menu. Does the same show when right clicking on a normal folder? I can't check my own pc right now.

Delicieuxz, Jul 17, 2015
  8. Boozad Win User

Yep.

Boozad, Jul 17, 2015
  9. Thanks, I overlooked it then. Glad it's there.

Delicieuxz, Jul 17, 2015
  10. Edwin New Member
    Also, if you 'wheel click' File Explorer from the task bar, it'll open a new window. Just for info.

Edwin, Jul 17, 2015
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Jul 17, 2015
  12. That's useful, thanks.

Delicieuxz, Jul 18, 2015
  13. rmonroe36 Win User

Nice tip - I thank you also.

rmonroe36, Jul 18, 2015
  14. Cliff S New Member
    *ThumbsI never heard of that one before, thanks Edwin, I gotta spread some 1st*Sad

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer - Similar Threads - 'Open window' right

2. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  3. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  4. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Explorer new folder right click option

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer new folder right click option: I think it is since 20H2, but while I have the option on the desktop and via CTR-SHFT-N, it has gorn from the explorer menu. Tried all the reg stuff and no joy.?? 172385
  6. Editing the File Explorer right-click menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing the File Explorer right-click menu?: I'm pretty sure that years ago (possibly on my previous PC under XP) I used to have a tool that would let me edit the FE context menu. But darned if I can find it now that I want to prune the long list I've accumulated. Can anyone point me to a safe and simple utility for...
  7. Weird issue with open files explorer in programs and options missing from right click menu

Weird issue with open files explorer in programs and options missing from right click menu: Not sure if it has something to do with the update this week but for some reason, I am unable to access my folders via programs such as paint, upload videos or pictures via facebook, youtube, discord, or even this site. There is also the problem with blank options or no...
  8. winrar option not showing in right click windows explorer menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    winrar option not showing in right click windows explorer menu: on my dad laptop when i right click on rar or zip file it dont show winrar options (see attached image) i have followed instruction given in the following link, still no use Add Missing WinRAR Entry In The Right-Click Context Menu while it works fine on my laptop 152228
  9. winrar option not showing in right click windows explorer menu

in Windows 10 Support
    winrar option not showing in right click windows explorer menu: when i right click on rar or zip file it dont show winrar options see attached image i have followed instruction given in the following link, still no use Add Missing WinRAR Entry In The Right-Click Context Menu 152228
  10. change the right click "new" context menu options

change the right click "new" context menu options: How may I edit the right click context menu to add apps or options that are relevant. Right click on the desktop and a menu pops up offering to "view > ", or " sort by >" and so forth. Under right click "new > " after "folder" and "shortcut" are a list of totally useless...