Windows 10: Open letter from 50+ organizations about Android pre-installed apps

Discus and support Open letter from 50+ organizations about Android pre-installed apps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Privacy International and over 50 other organisations have submitted a letter to Alphabet Inc. CEO Sundar Pichai asking Google to take action against... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 12, 2020 at 5:23 AM.

1. Brink Win User

Open letter from 50+ organizations about Android pre-installed apps

Read more: An open letter to Google | PI

:)

2. Brink Win User

Read more: An open letter to Google | PI

3. farlex85 Win User
    Remote app for android

I recently traded in my iphone for an android, and just realized that hippo remote is iphone only. I'm looking for a similar app for android so I can use it as a remote for my htpc. Any suggestions?

4. Brink Win User

Android ecosystem of pre-installed apps is a privacy and security mess

Read more: Android ecosystem of pre-installed apps is a privacy and security mess | ZDNet

Thema:

1. Open letter from 50+ organizations about Android pre-installed apps - Similar Threads - Open letter 50+

2. Confused about "Activation" of Pre-Installed Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Confused about "Activation" of Pre-Installed Windows 10 Pro: I have a new laptop pre-loaded with Windows 10 Pro (and other software). I want to perform various housekeeping steps (pristine image backup, recovery USB key creation, security software installation, etc.) before connecting to the Internet for security reasons. (No domain...
  3. issue with pre-installed apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    issue with pre-installed apps: most of my microsoft apps like store,movies and tv,help,groove music,calculator etc are not working and not opening at all. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-pre-installed-apps/ccaf6ea1-8172-47ea-88ac-90e08d0a85cf"
  4. Windows Downloaded with no Pre-installed apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Downloaded with no Pre-installed apps: I re-installed Windows 10 and checked in my start menu and saw no pre-installed apps. Can someone please help me. It also has no Windows Store. I tried to get it back but it shows nothing. Please help....
  5. Android ecosystem of pre-installed apps is a privacy and security mess

in Windows 10 News
    Android ecosystem of pre-installed apps is a privacy and security mess: An academic study that analyzed 82,501 apps that were pre-installed on 1,742 Android smartphones sold by 214 vendors concluded that users are woefully unaware of the huge security and privacy-related threats that come from pre-installed applications. Researchers found that...
  6. About permissions of organization administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About permissions of organization administrator: I added my school's edu account to my laptop to activate office365, so I want to know if there's any risk such as controlling my laptop 、changing settings or accessing to my file etc....
  7. Organize open apps with virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Organize open apps with virtual desktops: Apps feeling cluttered? Organize open apps with virtual desktops! Click here for more info: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/tips/home/get-organized#virtualdesktops [ATTACH]...
  8. Icons for Pre-Installed Windows Apps Not Appearing

Icons for Pre-Installed Windows Apps Not Appearing: This is a minor but annoying problem. The icons in the taskbar for my settings app, and any other app that came pre-installed in Windows 10 such as MS Edge, do not show up. See the screenshot below where I have the settings app open to see what I'm talking about. [ATTACH] I...
  9. Recovery fails from pre-installed partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery fails from pre-installed partition: While working on an unrelated issue with recently bought Lenovo laptop, and the manufacturer's support team recommended to perform recovery from a pre-installed partition. While doing so, recovery process goes to about 50% and then shuts down with unexpected error and rolls...
  10. Letters missing from All apps list

Letters missing from All apps list: Hi, I am missing the letters W X Y Z from the all apps list, all apps with those first letters are categorized under V. Could you please fix that? I downloaded Windows 10 from Dreamspark....