Windows 10: Open local file at startup

Discus and support Open local file at startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there any way I can have a local (ODS) file open when I turn on my laptop? Thanks in advance. 86522 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tony Vella, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Open local file at startup

Is there any way I can have a local (ODS) file open when I turn on my laptop?
    Thanks in advance.

:)

Tony Vella, Jun 10, 2017

2. .f9ae6ab files

Upon Win10 startup, a popup asks what application do I want to use to open .f9ae6ab files which are located at <appdata/local/da762b/a74ffa.f9ae6ab> and <appdata/roaming/e86c29/c137f4.f9ae6ab>. What are these files for and can they be safely deleted?

StevePritchardNC, Jun 10, 2017
  3. Superkc Win User
    IE - Cannot open local html file

Yes, it working if I add the loacl html in Exceptions page. However, I have plenty local html under my device storage. Just wonder why the IE will change the path automatically. Must be something wrong for the IE and setting somewhere. As it was working
    properly in my previous Windows Mobile devices.
    Open local file at startup [​IMG]

Superkc, Jun 10, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Open local file at startup

Yes, create a shortcut of the file and place that shortcut in the 'Startup' folder located at:

C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Edwin, Jun 10, 2017
  5. Thanks a lot, Edwin.
    It worked!

Tony Vella, Jun 10, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    *Thumbs

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Open local file at startup

1. Open local file at startup - Similar Threads - Open local file

2. A Windoows 7 Firefox will not open local files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Windoows 7 Firefox will not open local files.: My venerable Toshiba Satellite L505 that runs both Windows XP and Windows 7 was awakened, to Windows 7, from an overnight rest. It displayed a new 'sign' that displayed the name of a program that was going to open and offered the option of saving it to Downloads or discarding...
  3. A Windoows 7 Firefox will not open local files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Windoows 7 Firefox will not open local files.: My venerable Toshiba Satellite L505 that runs both Windows XP and Windows 7 was awakened, to Windows 7, from an overnight rest. It displayed a new 'sign' that displayed the name of a program that was going to open and offered the option of saving it to Downloads or discarding...
  4. Notepad File Opening at Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad File Opening at Startup: A day i created a file with some informations about my Laptop and setted to auto-run when i log in my local account, now i want make the file stop running automatically when i login, i tried to delete but Notepad keeps opening. File was on my DesktopHow i can fix that?I put...
  5. Notepad File Opening at Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad File Opening at Startup: A day i created a file with some informations about my Laptop and setted to auto-run when i log in my local account, now i want make the file stop running automatically when i login, i tried to delete but Notepad keeps opening. File was on my DesktopHow i can fix that?I put...
  6. Desktop.txt file opening on startup every time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop.txt file opening on startup every time.: Every time I start the computer it opens by itself. I usually close it but it's starting to bother me. It just started popping up one day, don't know why, maybe a month ago. submitted by /u/jacceteer [link] [comments]...
  7. Local .html files opening with file in Chrome/Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local .html files opening with file in Chrome/Edge: By default, when you right-click on an .html file in Windows Explorer, it opens with the header "file://" instead of "html://". Is there a way to change this default behavior in Windows, or is this something that is native to Edge/Chrome that is causing the issue?...
  8. permission to open local internet shared files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    permission to open local internet shared files.: I don't have permission to open local internet shared files. I have turned on sharing and permissions in security and settings and allowed in media streaming....
  9. File Explorer always opens on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer always opens on startup: My windows file explorer always opens on startup, and I cannot get it to stop. It always pulls up on the OneDrive Files (not sure if that is relevant). I cannot find a way to get it to not open. Any help?...
  10. File Explorer opens at Windows 10 startup

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer opens at Windows 10 startup: I recently installed the November update on my computer and now the File Explorer runs at every start up. How can I go disable this and go back to normal? 34511