Windows 10: Open Mail App to 'All Folders'

Discus and support Open Mail App to 'All Folders' in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am just exploring the Mail App under Win 10 and wonder if it is possible to open the Mail App to the 'All Folders' view rather than the 'Inbox' view.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JJG10, Feb 27, 2018.

1. JJG10 Win User

Open Mail App to 'All Folders'

I am just exploring the Mail App under Win 10 and wonder if it is possible to open the Mail App to the 'All Folders' view rather than the 'Inbox' view.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Feb 27, 2018
  2. Tejec Win User

adding a folder to windows 10 mail

How exactly do you do this though if you want to create a new folder through the Mail App?

Also I do not want to all of my folders and their sub folders opened as a default view I have too many yet I cannot contract or expand them in Mail. If I want a folder and sub folder opened in the favourites I have to transfer them all over individually
    which isn't very helpful. Is there any intention to improve folder handling

Tejec, Feb 27, 2018
  3. Jason106 Win User
    N9 - Email Configuration

When you open the mail app. You can see four icon at the bottom. One of them looks like a folder open it you can see all the send mail in folder send items.

By the way which mail you are using? Exchange or Gmail or something?

Jason106, Feb 27, 2018
  4. mrgeek Win User

Under 'Folders', click 'More'. All your folders open. r-click the ones you want see in L column & click 'Add to favorites'.

mrgeek, Feb 27, 2018
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Super! That is just what I wanted.

A couple of questions about synchronization.

Does Mail sync all account, I have 3, when it opens?
    Exactly what does 'Based on my usage' do?

Thank you very, very much.

JJG10, Feb 27, 2018
  6. mrgeek Win User
    I have an msn, outlook and yahoo account on Mail. It syncs all 3 just fine as soon as you open Mail app; the badges by tray icon if you have unread mails, whether the app is open or not.
    If you click the gear setting in lower R corner of left pane and click Manage accounts, you can set the mailbox sync options to as often as you like and limit the messages to just the last 3 months or whatever to cut down clutter. You can also sync at any time by pressing the circle next to Search box at top of mail preview panel.
    PS; here' a fairly detailed youtube video on setting up and using Mail although he's on a touch screen PC -
    Windows 10 In Depth: Mail - YouTube

mrgeek, Feb 27, 2018
  7. JJG10 Win User
    Once again, thank you very much.

JJG10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Open Mail App to 'All Folders' - Similar Threads - Open Mail App

2. Mail app all blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app all blank: My mail application is all blank. I cant click on anything and I cant see any text or emails. It is opening but there is nothing there. I have Windows 11 and I dont have this issue on 10....
  3. Mail app all blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app all blank: My mail application is all blank. I cant click on anything and I cant see any text or emails. It is opening but there is nothing there. I have Windows 11 and I dont have this issue on 10....
  4. Folders not appearing in Mail App?

Folders not appearing in Mail App?: Hi, I just recently added a bunch of new rules as well as folders and sub-folders to help manage my mails better in the web based outlook. But for some reason under the Mail app it does not show any changes, just the inbox,outbox etc. I tried syncing it as well as restarting...
  5. Windows Mail app will not open

Windows Mail app will not open: This morning when I went to check my email, the mail tile will not open. I click on it, there is a momentary pause showing the mail screen, and then.... nothing. I restarted the computer but still nothing. I didn't change any settings or do anything. The tile just stopped...
  6. All Apps Not Opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All Apps Not Opening: Hello. Recently, I decided to try and import photos from my phone to my computer to free up space. Usually, I go into my photos app and just import from there, but everytime I open the photos app, it stays open for 3 seconds or so with a black screen, before shutting down. I...
  7. Calculator and mail apps not opening

Calculator and mail apps not opening: Hello, when i click on the mail or calculator app they will start up than close down. I gave tried resting them, i have created another account it has the same issues. That has started happening after the last upgrade....
  8. select ALL in Mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    select ALL in Mail app?: Does anyone know how to select ALL and have all boxes ticked for filing or deleting? 22204
  9. Mail App adding folders

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App adding folders: Can you create folders in the Mail App? Thanks 8315
  10. Mail App - is there a way to mark a folder 'all read'?

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App - is there a way to mark a folder 'all read'?: Like it says in the title. If such functionality exists, I can't find it. Also, is there a way to check all the items in a folder for a bulk action? Seems like you have to check them one by one - ugh. 7479