Windows 10: Open Map doesn't work anymore in Microsoft Photos App

Discus and support Open Map doesn't work anymore in Microsoft Photos App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This feature used to work last winter. If I opened a photo in Photos and then selected File information and clicked on Open map under location it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AllynWillard, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Open Map doesn't work anymore in Microsoft Photos App

This feature used to work last winter. If I opened a photo in Photos and then selected File information and clicked on Open map under location it would open Maps and show where the photo was taken. Some time over the summer it stopped working (after an Windows 10 update). How do I get it to work again. It was very useful to plot the route I had taken.

:)

AllynWillard, Oct 28, 2019

2. Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

Open Map doesn't work anymore in Microsoft Photos App [​IMG]

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, Oct 28, 2019
  3. bobkn Win User
    Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

I dunno.

Re-install the TWAIN drivers? (They are not included in Windows.)

You might get a better answer if you gave the make and model of the scanner.

bobkn, Oct 28, 2019
  4. BetoLP Win User

Open Map doesn't work anymore in Microsoft Photos App

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Open Map doesn't work anymore in Microsoft Photos App [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Open Map doesn't work anymore in Microsoft Photos App

1. Open Map doesn't work anymore in Microsoft Photos App - Similar Threads - Open Map doesn't

2. Photos app doesn't open anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app doesn't open anymore: Since the last update the Photos app wont open and many users are reporting the same problem??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-doesnt-open-anymore/4cb98c83-8fe6-43fc-9f13-e4571081db62
  3. Photos app doesn't open anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app doesn't open anymore: Since the last update the Photos app wont open and many users are reporting the same problem??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-doesnt-open-anymore/4cb98c83-8fe6-43fc-9f13-e4571081db62
  4. Microsoft Photos does not work anymore...

Microsoft Photos does not work anymore...: Hi all! Trying to open picture in Photos German:Fotos results in Error. Repairing failedResetting failedI am up to date with all Windows updates.Any advise?TIA, Jens...
  5. Microsoft Store and apps doesn't work anymore

Microsoft Store and apps doesn't work anymore: Hi everyone,I have a major issue all necessary Microsoft apps doesn't work anymore on my pc : Your phone, mail, todo list, Photo viewer, feedback hub, Microsoft storeWhen I try to open any of the previews apps, the window open and close quickly I have tried to fix it by...
  6. Microsoft Photo doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photo doesn't work anymore: It's since the last Windows updates that Microsoft Photos is no longer working as it should. It often happens that if I open an image with this app, I get a white small screen. So the only solution is to close it down and reopen it again for a couple of times, until it...
  7. Photos App and Maps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos App and Maps: Been using the win10 64 bit photos app and lots of my photos have location information in them. When viewing the photos in the app, click on the "File Info" and it displays a small map with location at the left side, but, it also has under the small map "Open Map" which you...
  8. Microsoft store and Microsoft photos app doesn't open

Microsoft store and Microsoft photos app doesn't open: Microsoft Store and Microsoft photos app doesn't open. I've tried everything. Literally everything from all the resets to the PowerShell yet nothing works and it stays greyed out. What do I do to fix this because it doesn't let me import anything from my phone and camera into...
  9. "Open map" of Photos does not work.

"Open map" of Photos does not work.: This question was asked before, but that thread is locked, so I am asking it here: Why doesn't "Open map" work? [ATTACH] Every app under Setting > Privacy > Location has been given the permission: [ATTACH]...
  10. Photos App won't open anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos App won't open anymore: A few days ago, I was cleaning out my storage using the built-in storage cleaner on my Surface Pro 5 but ever since I did that, Photos has just stopped working. Whenever I tried to open a picture, I get an error message saying "The app didn't start". I've tried all the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft photos map will not open

2. cannot open map in microsoft photos app

3. open map does not work in photos

4. microsoft photos wont open map,
  5. map wont open in windows photos