Windows 10: Open Maximized Windows

Discus and support Open Maximized Windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to open all of my documents maximized? I know on the shortcuts I have to got to properties, maximized but I'm guessing I have to do this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Fernando Arana, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Open Maximized Windows

Is there a way to open all of my documents maximized? I know on the shortcuts I have to got to properties, maximized but I'm guessing I have to do this to every shortcut I have. There's got to be a way to do this in batch. Thanks

:)

Fernando Arana, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Windows won't maximize

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to maximize/minimize the programs in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following information:

• Is this issue specific to any applications/programs?
    • Were you able to see the maximize, minimize and close icons?
    • Have you tried to perform these using different user account?

This issue might be due to corrupted/ missing system files.

I suggest you to run System File Checker and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Open Maximized Windows

opening apps in task bar maximized

Like most people I expect, I've organized my shortcuts on the desktop so that some apps open minimized, some normal, and some maximized. This is done right-clicking on the shortcut, opening the properties window and choosing in the 'run' window whichever
    size you prefer for that particular app/program. For example, I like to open file explorer as large as possible, i.e. maximized.

When it comes to shortcuts on the taskbar, however, I've never found a method which works. Take the file explorer shortcut. I can do this:

right-click folder which brings up the following list of options: desktop, downloads, documents, pictures, file explorer, unpin from taskbar

I right-click file explorer, then on 'properties' then choose run 'maximized', and click OK

Next time I click on the file explorer shortcut on the taskbar, instead of opening maximized, it opens in normal size.

I can maximize it manually of course, but it doesn't remember this, and the next time I open it from the taskbar, it's back to normal again.

This has been going on in multiple versions of Windows, at least back to Windows 7 and 8.

Does anybody have a solution to this?

Moved From: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage

Chris Saunders 1946, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Open Maximized Windows

1. Open Maximized Windows - Similar Threads - Open Maximized

2. Programs open and run, but I can’t seem to fullscreen/maximize or open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs open and run, but I can’t seem to fullscreen/maximize or open: No matter the app , hotkey, or anything I do to pull something up, the program will run but I can’t get the window to display on my screen.If the description of the issue isn’t clear Here’s a video of my exact issue...
  3. Programs open and run, but I can’t seem to fullscreen/maximize or open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs open and run, but I can’t seem to fullscreen/maximize or open: No matter the app , hotkey, or anything I do to pull something up, the program will run but I can’t get the window to display on my screen.If the description of the issue isn’t clear Here’s a video of my exact issue...
  4. Programs open and run, but I can’t seem to fullscreen/maximize or open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. File Explorer not remembering to open maximized folders!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not remembering to open maximized folders!: Since I had to have Windows 11 reinstalled, File Explorer no longer remembers to load up maximized on my Desktop. On my laptop, this isn't a problem, and both systems are running Windows 11 Home 23H2. Normally when I open a File Explorer window, if I maximize a window and...
  6. File Explorer not remembering to open maximized folders!

File Explorer not remembering to open maximized folders!: Since I had to have Windows 11 reinstalled, File Explorer no longer remembers to load up maximized on my Desktop. On my laptop, this isn't a problem, and both systems are running Windows 11 Home 23H2. Normally when I open a File Explorer window, if I maximize a window and...
  7. Touch keyboard opens but closes immediately with maximized windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch keyboard opens but closes immediately with maximized windows: Title pretty much sums it up, the on screen touch keyboard will not stay open when the window is maximized, but it the window is just pulled to all corners the keyboard pops up with a touch tap and stays open and available.Ive waited almost a full year dealing with this...
  8. Touch keyboard opens but closes immediately with maximized windows

Touch keyboard opens but closes immediately with maximized windows: Title pretty much sums it up, the on screen touch keyboard will not stay open when the window is maximized, but it the window is just pulled to all corners the keyboard pops up with a touch tap and stays open and available.Ive waited almost a full year dealing with this...
  9. Windows Photo Viewer - How to ensure photos open maximized?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo Viewer - How to ensure photos open maximized?: I want a photo to open maximized in the window when i click on a thumbnail and it opens in the Windows Photos app.At the moment every photo opens in quite a small window and i have to maximize it myself. I've tried maximizing it, then closing and opening again to see if that...
  10. Windows Photo Viewer - How to ensure photos open maximized?

Windows Photo Viewer - How to ensure photos open maximized?: I want a photo to open maximized in the window when i click on a thumbnail and it opens in the Windows Photos app.At the moment every photo opens in quite a small window and i have to maximize it myself. I've tried maximizing it, then closing and opening again to see if that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows open link maximized

2. If an application is opened but not maximizing in explorer then what will be steps to resolve