Windows 10: Open Mic at Windows Startup causing loud feedback

Discus and support Open Mic at Windows Startup causing loud feedback in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Blue Yeti USB mic which is plugged into a powered USB Hub and I'm running Windows 10 Pro. For a couple of months now I've had an issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KaitlynnAllen, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Open Mic at Windows Startup causing loud feedback

I have a Blue Yeti USB mic which is plugged into a powered USB Hub and I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

For a couple of months now I've had an issue whereby as Windows 10 starts my mic is open and this creates very loud feedback through my speakers.

I use EarTrumpet as my volume control application and this is showing my Blue Yeti mic as a speaker. I can disable this as a speaker to stop the issue occurring, but after a day or two something re-enables it.

Therefore, I have got into the habit of muting my mic as soon as I power the PC on, but would really like a better solution.

I’ve tried the following steps from a post someone else made that sounded like a similar issue…

- Press ‘Windows key + I’ together to open ‘Settings’.
    - Click on ‘Update & Security’.
    - Click on ‘Troubleshoot’.
    - Click on ‘Playing audio’.
    - Click on ‘Run the troubleshooter’.

You can also update the audio drivers

and once again disabled the Blue Yeti as a Speaker as a result of doing so, but the mic is still working as a speaker, and EarTrumpet still shows it as a speaker, even after a reboot.

Windows could not find any new drivers.

I’ve tried using ProcessLasso because a few weeks back I read a post that implied that a svchost task was causing this, but nothing obvious was showing.

:)

KaitlynnAllen, Mar 8, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Loud Static Through Speakers Problem

Im Getting Loud Static Through Speakers When First Starting Up Before Windows Plays The Startup Sound, The Loud Static Stops After The Windows Startup Sound Plays. Seems Like Ive Had This Problem After Overclocking. Specs Are As Listed, Please Help.

accordpower99, Mar 8, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Open Mic at Windows Startup causing loud feedback

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

Open Mic at Windows Startup causing loud feedback

1. Open Mic at Windows Startup causing loud feedback - Similar Threads - Open Mic Startup

2. MY MIC ISNT LOUD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MY MIC ISNT LOUD: Hello, I’m here to ask about my mic not being loud now if you want the details of my mics brand etc if needed I’ll say but the problem is it cost a lot and is meant to be a loud mic but it isn’t I was recording a video and could barely hear myself if you guys have any fixes...
  3. MY MIC ISNT LOUD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY MIC ISNT LOUD: Hello, I’m here to ask about my mic not being loud now if you want the details of my mics brand etc if needed I’ll say but the problem is it cost a lot and is meant to be a loud mic but it isn’t I was recording a video and could barely hear myself if you guys have any fixes...
  4. MY MIC ISNT LOUD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MY MIC ISNT LOUD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY MIC ISNT LOUD: hello, first off i would like to claim i didnt buy a **** mic so i was recording a video and my audio was so low i tried to change the settings but for some reasons my mic isnt getting a lot of sound can you help me or have a fix please and thank you...
  6. MY MIC ISNT LOUD

MY MIC ISNT LOUD: hello, first off i would like to claim i didnt buy a **** mic so i was recording a video and my audio was so low i tried to change the settings but for some reasons my mic isnt getting a lot of sound can you help me or have a fix please and thank you...
  7. MY MIC ISNT LOUD

8. Perpetual mic feedback with monitoring off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Perpetual mic feedback with monitoring off: I´ve been having mic feedback into my headphones for 3 days now, I know what mic monitoring is and I´ve checked 10 times or more that it is already off, there´s no way I could have checked another device properties because I have all my other audio devices disabled. I´ve...
  9. Perpetual mic feedback with monitoring off

Perpetual mic feedback with monitoring off: I´ve been having mic feedback into my headphones for 3 days now, I know what mic monitoring is and I´ve checked 10 times or more that it is already off, there´s no way I could have checked another device properties because I have all my other audio devices disabled. I´ve...
  10. StereoMix causes feedback loop when Mic is disabled

StereoMix causes feedback loop when Mic is disabled: Hi, I got into an issue I didn't understand at first but I have the exact steps for reproducing it.First of all, I use my laptop for work, and I use a wireless headset for meetings, so the only microphone I will ever use is the one from the headset. Thus, I will never ever...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. host process for windows sefvice is using microphone causing feedbback