Windows 10: Open multiple files at the same time?

Discus and support Open multiple files at the same time? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I R-Click on a file I can choose the Open With option to choose what program to open the file with but when I select multiple files and R-Click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DustinParsons, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Open multiple files at the same time?

When I R-Click on a file I can choose the Open With option to choose what program to open the file with but when I select multiple files and R-Click them the Open With option disappears. Why does that happen?

Basically I want to open 5 jpeg images in Photoshop but Photoshop is not the default app for images and I don't want it to be. What's the fastest way for me to open all the image in Photoshop from the File Explorer?

I don't want to have to open Photoshop and then re-navigate to the folder with the images.

Thanks!

:)

DustinParsons, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Feb 14, 2020
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Open multiple files at the same time? :)

jaydeee, Feb 14, 2020
  4. xypha Win User

Open multiple files at the same time?

Open With on multiple files?

you can do this using a workaround by using "Send to" on the right click context menu in Windows File Explorer. Here's how

Step 1 - Add Chrome shortcut to SendTo folder so that chrome may appear in the send to menu.

SendTo folder:%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

This can be done in one of several ways. I will mention one of the easiest below.

• Right-drag the Google Chrome shortcut that was created on the Desktop when Chrome installed, or the Chrome shortcut in the Start menu, to the SendTo folder and select Copy.

Note: Right-click this shortcut, select Properties, and confirm that the Target field contains no command line options, just the path + file name for Chrome.

Step 2: Select the 16 JPGs, right click, go to "Send to" & select "Google Chrome".

That's it. All JPGs will open in Chrome, each in its own tab.

I use this with Firefox, but it should work with Chrome too.

Open multiple files at the same time? AOrAC.png

Troubleshoot #1

If Google Chrome doesn't appear in the "Send to" menu, try restarting Windows File Explorer from Task Manager.

Troubleshoot #2

If the JPGs open in multiple windows, you might want to consider installing an extension in Chrome to prevent this behaviour. I suggest One Window.

xypha, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Open multiple files at the same time?

1. Open multiple files at the same time? - Similar Threads - Open multiple files

2. Is it possible to make a shortcut that opens multiple applications at the same time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to make a shortcut that opens multiple applications at the same time?: For example a shortcut that opens Steam and my browser at the same time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-make-a-shortcut-that-opens/0e183474-3357-4d23-b58b-7b8d580d91e0
  3. Is it possible to make a shortcut that opens multiple applications at the same time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to make a shortcut that opens multiple applications at the same time?: For example a shortcut that opens Steam and my browser at the same time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-make-a-shortcut-that-opens/0e183474-3357-4d23-b58b-7b8d580d91e0
  4. Is it possible to make a shortcut that opens multiple applications at the same time?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Multiple errors occured at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple errors occured at the same time.: There was an error that occured yesterday where it showed me a blue screen and said to go to https://www.windows.com/stopcode/ and the error was "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" then I did some of the steps since I can't even log in my pin because it kept on doing that. Since it was...
  6. Multiple errors occured at the same time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple errors occured at the same time.: There was an error that occured yesterday where it showed me a blue screen and said to go to https://www.windows.com/stopcode/ and the error was "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" then I did some of the steps since I can't even log in my pin because it kept on doing that. Since it was...
  7. Same device appearing multiple times

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Same device appearing multiple times: I have recently installed a new Philips 43PUS8555/12 smart TV which is connected to my router via 5.0 GHz Wi-Fi. My desktop PC is connected to my router via ethernet cable and when I look at the Devices and Printers / Multimedia Devices area I see the 43PUS8555/12 listed 44...
  8. File Explorer Keeps Opening Files Multiple Times In Multiple Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Keeps Opening Files Multiple Times In Multiple Windows: I have done the 'system file checker' scan and have the computer running in 'clean' mode and still Windows 10 seems to continue opening new manifestations of "File Explorer" without prompting. At the moment it is up to four, but it will continue to grow. Is there a fix in...
  9. How do I open multiple files on File Explorer at the same time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I open multiple files on File Explorer at the same time?: For some reason whenever I select multiple files, for example 2 videos, only one video gets opened. I was wondering if there was a way for me to do this. submitted by /u/Killjoy3879 [link] [comments]...
  10. Opening multiple files with the same extention

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening multiple files with the same extention: I feel stupid even asking, but I used to be able to open many files with the same extension (in this case .xlsx) by selecting them all in File Explorer and hitting enter. Now it doesn't work. In Windows 10 how do you open multiple files, with the same extension, at the same...