Windows 10: Open network no longer works

Discus and support Open network no longer works in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Prior to W10 I had a network NOT using Homegroup. Network worked who needs it? Now, I see some of my devices on the network, but when I try to share... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lost in 10, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Open network no longer works

Prior to W10 I had a network NOT using Homegroup. Network worked who needs it? Now, I see some of my devices on the network, but when I try to share files I get a window requesting user name and password. Never used passwords before. I think Homegroup is sneaking in there, but all the devices say they don't have a Homegroup but some of them say the see a Homegroup on other devices. I've disabled Homegroup on all devices tried changing advanced network settings to no avail. What is going on?

:)

Lost in 10, Nov 4, 2015

2. Network Discovery no longer works

Hi,

Your Windows concern is better suited for the IT Pro audience on TechNet. Please post your query on

TechNet forums

Feel fee to post back should you have other concerns.

Rachelle Gra, Nov 4, 2015
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    Network Discovery no longer works

Might try going into the Programs & Features / windows add/remove features and cycling off and back on the SMB 1.0.

I started right clicking from Explorer, This PC and selecting add a network location \\computerName\shareFolderName

Seems like a separate Network now that is outside from the default Network folder ?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ed-windows-10-and-windows-server-version-1709

'Mike P, Nov 4, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Open network no longer works

Right-click on the network icon and select Network and Sharing Center. Then click to open Advanced Sharing Settings. Scroll down to Password protected sharing and set it to Turn off password protected sharing. Click Save changes and then try to access the shared resources again. If you want to be able to access your pictures, music and videos from a compatible device such as a smart TV, you must enable Media streaming and check the box to allow the specific client access to the data. Of course your network must be set to home for full access from every other device. Work or Public do not work.

spapakons, Nov 4, 2015
Thema:

Open network no longer works

1. Open network no longer works - Similar Threads - Open network longer

2. Network adapters no longer working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapters no longer working: Hello, I recently accidentally bridged my ethernet port and wifi card, to fix it, I had used the network reset feature. Now neither of them show up in the network and sharing center or the network connections. They do appear in device manager, but have no drivers, I have...
  3. Microsoft Apps no longer working or opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Apps no longer working or opening.: all of a sudden my Microsoft Apps are not working including Store I have tried a troubleshoot and a windows update and still nothing, Some other non Microsoft Apps also were removed. But I could reinstall those All of the Apps listed below in the drop menu are not...
  4. WiFi network adapter no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi network adapter no longer working: I recently attempted to update the Intel(R) dual band wireless-AC driver, however when I did, it said the driver installation failed. Since then I can no longer see and networks. All my network adapter drivers say “Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this...
  5. Network Connection to Shared Drive No Longer Working

Network Connection to Shared Drive No Longer Working: At our company we have a Windows 7 computer that has a shared drive. Everyone in the company has access to it. Last week I lost access to this shared drive. When I click on the mapped drive I get the message, "An error occurred while connecting to S: to \\server...
  6. Direct connection to networked printer no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Direct connection to networked printer no longer working: Hello, The issue I'm having concerns a printer and a few computers. The printer and computers are on different domains, but on the same network. The printer was added to the computers directly using the printer's IP address. Something changed however, and now the printer is...
  7. Networking and Homegroups no longer working

Networking and Homegroups no longer working: It seems that over time networking keeps changing and what used to work no longer works. (This is for a home network of two Win 10 and one Win 7). At one point I had a homegroup setup, but I hadn't messed with it for a while and now I don't know the password anymore. I have...
  8. Desktop no longer in network

Desktop no longer in network: Hi guys - here goes: Upgraded win7 to win10 yesterday on my desktop (free from MS). So far so good, EXCEPT - I can no longer print from my win10 laptop - it cannot see the printer connected to my desktop. Nor can I see my desktop in the network from my laptop, which I suppose...
  9. Network bridge no longer working

Network bridge no longer working: Hi, I'm having major problems bridging 2 network connections.... I usually run a bridge between the 2 onboard lan ports on my pc which connect to a second pc to give it internet and it has worked perfectly fine since I moved to windows 10 however the other week I did a...
  10. Network was fine - no longer working

Network was fine - no longer working: EDIT FOR SOLUTION: My friend came over this morning and fixed this for me. The problem was the (1) Laptop was logged into my Windows Live account and the (2) Desktops were logged into Local Accounts. For some reason, this now prevents my laptop from accessing the local...