Windows 10: open new tab in background

Discus and support open new tab in background in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; i did search on google for this but could not get answer i want chrome to open new tab in background when i click on "+ button" (shown in red) 181889 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by makhan10, Jun 30, 2021.

1. makhan10 Win User

open new tab in background

i did search on google for this but could not get answer i want chrome to open new tab in background when i click on "+ button" (shown in red)

:)

makhan10, Jun 30, 2021
  2. kraft_mkd Win User

Open in new TAB in IE. That new tab should load in background.

It’s really annoying problem for years, acknowledged by most browsers, specially @Opera.

Open in new TAB in IE. That new tab should load in background.

Open in new tab is most of the times used for selecting articles to read while at the same time those “new tab articles” are loaded in the background.

I hate seeing the same mistake at IE again.

K

kraft_mkd, Jun 30, 2021
  3. Camiele Win User
    New Tabs in Windows 10 Browsers Open in Background

As known in Windows 10 new tabs now open in the background. This drives me nuts since I prefer the old way whereby clicking a link automatically opens and take you to the new tab in the forefront.

Is there anyway to reset Firefox and Edge so that tabs open in the foreground as they once did?

Thank you.

Camiele, Jun 30, 2021
  4. open new tab in background

Open new tab / window in S60 browsers. 2 techniques

On my 5800 UK v5.0.005

1) Open web browser... brings up list of book marks

2) Options -> Go to -> New web page

3) enter www.newtab.co.uk, then press Go to

4) Press arrow icon in bottom-right

5) Options -> Subscribe to web feed

6) Select "New Tab"

That's the set up.. Now to use it

1) Open google.com

2) Select Options -> Go to -> Web feeds

3) Select "New tab" from the feeds list

4) Select "Open new tab" from list

5) Select "Open new tab" from top of web page

Now there are two windows

Try deleting the feed from your phone, then following those steps.. let me know how you get on

cpitchford, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

open new tab in background

1. open new tab in background - Similar Threads - open tab background

2. video on open tab stops playing if i open a new tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video on open tab stops playing if i open a new tab: recently i notice that if i'm playing a video and open a new tab to do something else, the video stops playing on the frist tab even though IT IS open.This did not used to happen. Ever.I am usng chrome so i apologize for askiing but is this a chrome problem or MSi just tried...
  3. video on open tab stops playing if i open a new tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    video on open tab stops playing if i open a new tab: recently i notice that if i'm playing a video and open a new tab to do something else, the video stops playing on the frist tab even though IT IS open.This did not used to happen. Ever.I am usng chrome so i apologize for askiing but is this a chrome problem or MSi just tried...
  4. video on open tab stops playing if i open a new tab

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. windows explorer tabs - open a new tab in an existing window instead of opening a new window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer tabs - open a new tab in an existing window instead of opening a new window: I would like when I already have an open file explorer and for example, if a click a folder on the desktop, I would like it to go in a new tab in the already opened file explorer instead of creating a new window...
  6. New tabs open automaticly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New tabs open automaticly: This started a few days ago. Is it just me or does new tabs open almost whenever you do something, as long as it's been a while since you do anything on it. Sometimes it's just google.com others its someone that mcafee blocks. Or is it just that i have a bug now? submitted...
  7. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737
  8. New Tabs in Windows 10 Browsers Open in Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Tabs in Windows 10 Browsers Open in Background: As known in Windows 10 new tabs now open in the background. This drives me nuts since I prefer the old way whereby clicking a link automatically opens and take you to the new tab in the forefront. Is there anyway to reset Firefox and Edge so that tabs open in the foreground...
  9. Firefox - Open in new tab

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - Open in new tab: Just noticed this... Using FF in this forum, Right click on a dropdown item (like Forum Actions, Quick Links) does not have an option to open in new tab, like Chrome for example. But, you can drag/drop the dropdown choice to the New Tab "+" on the open tabs bar, and it will...
  10. Open in New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Open in New Tab: I have been using Chrome for a long time but I thought I would give Edge a try. In Chrome I am used to right-click a site and select "Open in New Tab". Is this possible in Edge? If yes, how? A right-click on a favorite does not offer me a menu in Edge as in Chrome. Thanks in...