Windows 10: Open Office Master document help pls...?

Discus and support Open Office Master document help pls...? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I have a client who has open office and has created a "Master" document. All the client wants to use is a standard open office document but she... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gavin_77, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Gavin_77 Win User

Open Office Master document help pls...?

Hello
    I have a client who has open office and has created a "Master" document.
    All the client wants to use is a standard open office document but she cannot as the Master document always opens instead.

If anyone can help I would be extremely grateful!!?
    or if it cant be done as well...

Thankyou in advance.
    Gavin_77

Gavin_77, Jun 9, 2020
  2. x509 Win User

Skip these steps when opening a Master Document?

I just created a Master Document in Word 2013, and I like the result. However, I don't like all the extra steps I have to do when I first open up a Master Document. *Eek

This is what the document shows when it is first opened up:

Open Office Master document help pls...? [​IMG]

Then I have to click on VIEW and select Outline. The Outlining ribbon appears.*Sick
    Then I have to click the Expand Subdocuments icon on the right side of the Outlining ribbon.*Huh
    Then I have to click on the red Close icon on the right side of the Outlining ribbon. *Sad
    Finally, I see the doc as I want to see it, in the customary Print Layout. *Smile
    Any way to bypass or automate these steps?

x509, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Links in Open Office documents doesn’t connect to web

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that links created in Open Office documents doesn’t connect to Web. However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What happens when you click on the links in Open Office document?
    • Do you receive any error message/code? If yes, what is the error message/code?
    • Which browser are you using as default?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the articles on
    Using hyperlinks
    and
    Hyperlinks and URLs
    and see if that helps.

You may also want to try resetting the file association for HTTP and HTTPS files to default and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Default apps
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Choose default apps by protocol.
    4. Look for HTTP and HTTPS in the list and makes sure that the protocols are associated with
      Internet Explorer.
    5. If you do not see Internet Explorer associated, click on the application name and select
      Internet Explorer from the list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 9, 2020
  4. AddSub Win User

Open Office

Open Office is nice. Not great, just nice. It is somewhat slower when opening certain types of documents when compared to Office 2003 for example and it requires a bit more resources, RAM-wise. But other than that, I mean, it's free right?

AddSub, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Open Office Master document help pls...? - Similar Threads - Open Office Master

2. help pls

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    help pls: so my pin isn't working and it's saying that its not available and that i have to reset it but when i click the reset pin button nothing happens, but that's not the issue, the issue is when i try to fix it in the system recovery tab it says that i need my password but every...
  3. Pls help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pls help: Hello pls I don’t know what’s wrong with my pc but some of my apps keep giving me the error message “ this app can’t run on your pc” but it opens the first time I download it but once I quit the application it gives the error again pls help I have done sfc scan and different...
  4. Open Office help needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open Office help needed: Hi Guys I use a w10 laptop and have always used Apache OO and do docs, spreadsheets so all saved in OO but all of a sudden, they wont open. I have tried to UNinstall it to re install, but even my favorite Revo UNinstaller wont UNinstall it See 2 attachments 174951
  5. help pls

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help pls: i accidentally downloaded windows 10 on my hdd and want to put in on my ssd. How should i go about this? should i factory reset my pc? would doing this delete windows 10 so that i can re download it onto my ssd? submitted by /u/StonerSloth125 [link] [comments]...
  6. Skip these steps when opening a Master Document?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Skip these steps when opening a Master Document?: I just created a Master Document in Word 2013, and I like the result. However, I don't like all the extra steps I have to do when I first open up a Master Document. *Eek This is what the document shows when it is first opened up: [img] Then I have to click on VIEW and...
  7. Microsoft Office won't open any document

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Office won't open any document: I've been unable to open any Word doc. I received a Windows updated notice and remember clicking on something to sync to all devices. I've reinstalled Office. I've run both short and long-term repairs. Can you help me please?...
  8. PDFs and Office Documents opening with black screen

PDFs and Office Documents opening with black screen: Hi, For the past week and a half any PDFs or office documents that I try to open either from a website or from email do not open. They open up as a black screen, not blank but BLACK. Occasionally one will open. Around October 12 there was a Windows 10 update pushed out...
  9. Office 365 will not allow opening files in documents

Office 365 will not allow opening files in documents: Since the Creators Upgrade, any Office 365 app, e.g. MSWord does not have option to browse for files in the Documents folder. If I try to browse, It goes to "This PC" and to "not responding". It automatically inserts "Sky Drive" which is probably the problem but I haven't...
  10. Master Templates in Office?

Master Templates in Office?: I seem to remember using MS Word Template files where I could set things like margins, headers fonts etc and save such a template and add it to the right click > New menu. This is going back some time mind, late '90's perhaps... The beauty of this method was as you could...