Windows 10: open one particular network folder from network on Win 10, explorer will closed by itself

Discus and support open one particular network folder from network on Win 10, explorer will closed by itself in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have the below issue. When open one particular network folder from network on Win 10, explorer will closed by itself. If I copy this folder to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kok Keong Kan, Apr 25, 2019.

1. open one particular network folder from network on Win 10, explorer will closed by itself

I have the below issue.

When open one particular network folder from network on Win 10, explorer will closed by itself.

If I copy this folder to local drive, no issue opening.

Tested same particular network folder from other PCs on Win 10, no issue and can open the folder content.

I have cleared the Quick Access history but still unable to resolve.

Anyone have solution on this?

Thanks.

Kok Keong

:)

Kok Keong Kan, Apr 25, 2019
  2. Graebeard Win User

Win 10 Explorer not showing Network drives

Win Explorer shows my network as < empty > on one of my PC's

A little background info. I have 2 PC's and 2 laptops connected on my home network, all running Win 10 and up until a few weeks ago, everything worked fine. Have not added any new software or changed any settings unless inadvertently. Basically, it was working in the morning and not working later in the day.

So now -
    Recently, all three other machines can see my PC as a Network drive, and can access it. However, on my PC, the Network listing shows as empty.

I've reviewed the Network and Local Services settings of one laptop and my pc but could not find anything relating to networking that was different.

I then setup some Network Locations using the " L: \\Laptop\Users " setup. This gave me an Explorer entry under My Computer as Laptop but clicking on it showed only a Default and Default.migrated folders. The URL bar showed > Network > Laptop > Users

open one particular network folder from network on Win 10, explorer will closed by itself [​IMG]

Just for fun, I clicked on Laptop in the URL bar and lo and behold I had access to all the Laptop folders, which could now be navigated, AND, in the left hand pane, the highlight dropped from Laptop to Network. However, clicking now on Network said < this folder is empty >

open one particular network folder from network on Win 10, explorer will closed by itself [​IMG]

So, I have a feeling that my network and sharing settings are fine, it's Explorer 11 that's acting strange.

Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Graebeard, Apr 25, 2019
  3. DaleNoel Win User
    Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

open one particular network folder from network on Win 10, explorer will closed by itself

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

open one particular network folder from network on Win 10, explorer will closed by itself

1. open one particular network folder from network on Win 10, explorer will closed by itself - Similar Threads - open particular network

2. Windows Explorer automatically closing itself after opening folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer automatically closing itself after opening folders.: Hello, I am having an issue with Windows Explorer. Whenever I open up Explorer and start to dive in by two or three folders deep, the program locks up, closes itself, and then my taskbar flashes once as if restarting itself. I have tried deleting files I thought might be the...
  3. Windows Explorer automatically closing itself after opening folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer automatically closing itself after opening folders.: Hello, I am having an issue with Windows Explorer. Whenever I open up Explorer and start to dive in by two or three folders deep, the program locks up, closes itself, and then my taskbar flashes once as if restarting itself. I have tried deleting files I thought might be the...
  4. Windows Explorer automatically closing itself after opening folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Win 10 slow to open network in File Explorer

Win 10 slow to open network in File Explorer: This is a small but annoying problem. When I click on the "Network" link in File Explorer, it takes a long time to open. It's only a couple of minutes but it seem to take forever compared to opening other folders. If I open the network from two other computers on the...
  6. Win 10 PC can't see itself under Network Folder

Win 10 PC can't see itself under Network Folder: I remote support family computers using TeamViewer. This problem has two computers PC-1 and PC-2 on a home LAN. Neither PC-1 or PC-2 see PC-1 under Network Folder. Both PCs see PC-2 under Network. I'm trying to get PC-1 to see itself under Network. Although neither computer...
  7. Lost network connection for one particular folder

Lost network connection for one particular folder: I have a desktop and a laptop computer. Also have a PVR, which is also part of the network. All of a sudden, can't open the folder on the desktop says no network connection butCAN still open it on the laptop. Troubleshooting finds nothing wrong. I have not changed...
  8. WiFi will not stay connected to one network in particular

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi will not stay connected to one network in particular: I am currently staying at a hotel for an extended period of time for work. Their WiFi isn’t the best, but until recently, it’s been consistent For the past 3 or 4 days, my pc connects intermittently to the WiFi network. It will connect, disconnect repeatedly. I have scoured...
  9. File explorer close by itself when click certain network folder on Win 10

File explorer close by itself when click certain network folder on Win 10: I have the below issue. When open one particular network folder from network on Win 10, explorer will closed by itself. If I copy this folder to local drive, no issue opening. Tested same particular network folder from other PCs on Win 10, no issue and can open the...
  10. File explorer close by itself when click certain network folder on Win 10

File explorer close by itself when click certain network folder on Win 10: I have the below issue. When open one particular network folder from network on Win 10, explorer will closed by itself. If I copy this folder to local drive, no issue opening. Tested same particular network folder from other PCs on Win 10, no issue and can open the...