Windows 10: open pc without password

Discus and support open pc without password in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; how to eliminate need for passwords to open pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PatriciaGowland, Feb 11, 2019.

1. open pc without password

how to eliminate need for passwords to open pc

:)

PatriciaGowland, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 11, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 11, 2019
  4. open pc without password

Unable to change MS password and email on W10 pc

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, I understand you concern and we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I would suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check if the issue persist:

Step 1: Recovery Environment.

• Go to the “Lock Screen” and press and hold the shift key and click on the
      power icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    • You will have to restart your computer, you will be prompted to click on “Restart Anyway”.
    • Then you select “Troubleshoot” and click on
      “Advance Option” and locate and select Command Prompt

Step 2: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

• Once you open Command prompt type
    net user administrator /active:yes (To disable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).

• Then press ENTER.

Step 3: Switch Account

From the in built administrator account, create a new local account and follow the steps below:

• Click Start and then PC settings.
    • Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Disconnect on the right of the screen.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.
    • Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.
    In order to switch back, follow these steps:

• On the newly converted Local account, click Start and then PC Settings.
    • Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Connect to a Microsoft account.
    • Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.
    • Choose if you want OneDrive as your default file saving location, click Next.
    • Click Switch.

Note: If you have created a local account you can perform the step mentioned above from that account.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

open pc without password

1. open pc without password - Similar Threads - open without password

2. How to unlock desktop PC without password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock desktop PC without password?: I am trying to unlock my desktop PC that has not been used for several years. I forgot a password so I'm not able to access my computer.I was looking for a solution online, and found some. I tried to open Command Prompt via "Advanced options" but after I click Command Prompt...
  3. How to unlock desktop PC without password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to unlock desktop PC without password?: I am trying to unlock my desktop PC that has not been used for several years. I forgot a password so I'm not able to access my computer.I was looking for a solution online, and found some. I tried to open Command Prompt via "Advanced options" but after I click Command Prompt...
  4. How to reset PC without an admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reset PC without an admin password: My laptop died during a windows update. Now it is stuck in a reboot cycle; it turns on, says it’s working on an update at 35%, quickly says “restarting”, then repeats. I let it cycle for 12 hours and no change. I have tried to uninstall the update and any other matter of fix...
  5. How to reset PC without an admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset PC without an admin password: My laptop died during a windows update. Now it is stuck in a reboot cycle; it turns on, says it’s working on an update at 35%, quickly says “restarting”, then repeats. I let it cycle for 12 hours and no change. I have tried to uninstall the update and any other matter of fix...
  6. How to turn on PC without password or pin?

How to turn on PC without password or pin?: Hi,I removed my laptop sign in pin but not it's asking me for my microsoft password.Is there a way to turn on my pc without requiring anything?Thank you...
  7. Can't reset my pc without a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset my pc without a password: I've recently been having problems with my pc on startup. When I go to the troubleshooting to troubleshoot, however, I need to login to my Microsoft account. The problem is, my pc doesn't have a native wifi connection; I have to use a USB adapter. When I try to login, it...
  8. Can't reset my pc without a password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't reset my pc without a password: I've recently been having problems with my pc on startup. When I go to the troubleshooting to troubleshoot, however, I need to login to my Microsoft account. The problem is, my pc doesn't have a native wifi connection; I have to use a USB adapter. When I try to login, it...
  9. pc sign in without password

pc sign in without password: I can't use my adaptive programs to sign in to the PC. I forget how to do it from five years ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-sign-in-without-password/c1fe1e62-5c5c-4c00-b949-3de89f4e9ff9
  10. How to open without a password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to open without a password: undo password to open pc * Original title: how to open with password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-without-a-password/82b8d37e-b7de-414e-b162-38221e5c0fa6