Windows 10: open pc without password

Discus and support open pc without password in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; how to eliminate need for passwords to open pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PatriciaGowland, Feb 11, 2019.

1. open pc without password

how to eliminate need for passwords to open pc

:)

PatriciaGowland, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 11, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 11, 2019
  4. open pc without password

Unable to change MS password and email on W10 pc

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, I understand you concern and we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I would suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check if the issue persist:

Step 1: Recovery Environment.

• Go to the “Lock Screen” and press and hold the shift key and click on the
      power icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    • You will have to restart your computer, you will be prompted to click on “Restart Anyway”.
    • Then you select “Troubleshoot” and click on
      “Advance Option” and locate and select Command Prompt

Step 2: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

• Once you open Command prompt type
    net user administrator /active:yes (To disable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).

• Then press ENTER.

Step 3: Switch Account

From the in built administrator account, create a new local account and follow the steps below:

• Click Start and then PC settings.
    • Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Disconnect on the right of the screen.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.
    • Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.
    In order to switch back, follow these steps:

• On the newly converted Local account, click Start and then PC Settings.
    • Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Connect to a Microsoft account.
    • Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.
    • Choose if you want OneDrive as your default file saving location, click Next.
    • Click Switch.

Note: If you have created a local account you can perform the step mentioned above from that account.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

open pc without password

1. open pc without password - Similar Threads - open without password

2. How to open without a password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to open without a password: undo password to open pc * Original title: how to open with password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-without-a-password/82b8d37e-b7de-414e-b162-38221e5c0fa6
  3. I would like my computerr to open without using password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I would like my computerr to open without using password: I would like my computer to open without using password. after it goes to sleep I have to go through password entry every time. It a pain. IMy computer is in my home and not vulnerable...
  4. Signing on without password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Signing on without password: Quite awhile ago I changed my startup process to eliminate signing on when my PC is turned on so that it would just go to my desktop/opening page. Yesterday I turned the PC off and then turned it back on a short while later, and now I have to sign on with a password to get...
  5. Exiting lockscreen without password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Exiting lockscreen without password?: I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home v1803, I'm the only user and the laptop is always at home. I already know that with netplwiz you can skip password request at boot or login, and in fact so I did. But I'm asking a different question - about the lockscreen feature. If, for...
  6. Exiting lockscreen without password?

in Windows 10 Support
    Exiting lockscreen without password?: I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home v1803, I'm the only user and the laptop is always at home. I already know that with netplwiz you can skip password request at boot or login, and in fact so I did. But I'm asking a different question - about the lockscreen feature. If, for...
  7. Lockscreen without password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lockscreen without password: Hi to everyone! I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home (updated). I have already disabled the option to insert my password on boot and logon. I would like to use the lockscreen as I did with a screensaver, no security issues. Problem is that every time I want to go back to...
  8. Printer sharing without a password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer sharing without a password: I'm trying to help my sister remotely with her windows 10 desktop which has a printer connected to one of the USB ports. She wants to share this printer with a 2nd computer (also win10) on her network. So I set the printer to shared and gave it a sharing name. Then on the 2nd...
  9. Log in without password

in Windows 10 Support
    Log in without password: Before the new build I could use the following to log in without using a password. "Type in netplwiz into the start menu search box, hit enter, on the next screen, un check the box that says "users must use a password …….. " .. another box will open and you must type...
  10. How to logon without a password

in Windows 10 Support
    How to logon without a password: When I updated to build 10159 I had to use my MSA to do so and thus needed to provide the password. Now that I have build 10159 is there a way for me to logon without needing to provide a password? Solved by setting up a local account in Settings using no password. 7636