Windows 10: Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

Discus and support Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have set Acrobat Reader as default application to open PDF files.When I double-click a PDF file in Windows explorer this works. It also works when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Axel van Moorsel dVB, Feb 28, 2023.

1. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

I have set Acrobat Reader as default application to open PDF files.When I double-click a PDF file in Windows explorer this works. It also works when I open PDF file in my OneDrive folder using Windows Explorer.However: when I go online to my OneDrive folder and click it, it opens in the browser, thus disregarding the Windows setting to use Acrobat Reader as default application. This is in Microsft Edge, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The same goes for PDF files in Sharepoint sites: they always open in the browser, not in Acrobat Reader.How can I configure my computer so that it always open

:)

Axel van Moorsel dVB, Feb 28, 2023

2. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Not Letting Other PDF Viewers to Open PDF File

A friend of mine called me asking for help converting an important document from a PDF to a DOC. I go to a website to convert the PDF and when I open it it gives me this...
    Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser [​IMG]
    . I then go to open the PDF in Edge and Firefox (they are the only other PDF viewers I have other than Adobe) and they give me these messages...

. But when I open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, it shows the document normally. It only opens in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I don't know what was done to the file before it was given to me and I have tried printing it to a PDF and opening it but it gives me the same error. Does anyone have any ideas?

ianisawaffle, Feb 28, 2023
  3. Adobe Acrobat Reader (AAR) prevented as Default PDF file Opener

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to set default applications by file type from Windows settings. Follow the steps mentioned below:-

1. Tap on Windows + I on the keyboard.

2. Click on Apps.

3. Select Default apps option.

4. Select Choose
    default app by file type.

5. Next to .pdf choose a default application as
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

If the issue still persists try to Set Acrobat or Reader as the default PDF owner. Refer the following link steps to

set Acrobat or reader as the default PDF owner

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 28, 2023
  4. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader

Hi Rob,

I discovered that lo and behold, my inability to open Adobe Acrobat Reader is not related to having Kaspersky Internet Security installed on my computer. I deinstalled Kaspersky and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader and the same problem is there. As a
    last step, I will deinstall Malwarebytes and Adobe Acrobat Reader and reinstall Adobe Acrobat Reader and just verify that there is no interaction between the 2 programs. I think I am going to end up working with Adobe to resolve the problem which I don't
    look forward to.

Best, DonB

DONALD BARTEL, Feb 28, 2023
Thema:

Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

1. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser - Similar Threads - Open PDF files

2. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser: I have set Acrobat Reader as default application to open PDF files.When I double-click a PDF file in Windows explorer this works. It also works when I open PDF file in my OneDrive folder using Windows Explorer.However: when I go online to my OneDrive folder and click it, it...
  3. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser: I have set Acrobat Reader as default application to open PDF files.When I double-click a PDF file in Windows explorer this works. It also works when I open PDF file in my OneDrive folder using Windows Explorer.However: when I go online to my OneDrive folder and click it, it...
  4. Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat: I am using Windows 10, version 10.0.19042 Every time I open a pdf with Adobe Acrobat a window pops up and asks if I want to set Adobe as my default. I say yes and the window closes. If I check settings by file type, I see my preference has been changed to MS Edge. I change it...
  5. Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat: I am using Windows 10, version 10.0.19042 Every time I open a pdf with Adobe Acrobat a window pops up and asks if I want to set Adobe as my default. I say yes and the window closes. If I check settings by file type, I see my preference has been changed to MS Edge. I change it...
  6. Adobe Acrobat Reader

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Acrobat Reader: I think the current update waiting on my system will deleteAdobe Acrobat Reader from my PC – subsequent to this how do I read my PDF’s ordownload future PDF’s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-reader/8e15ab35-23cd-4951-bdde-8351aa1b6ce5
  7. Adobe Acrobat reader

Adobe Acrobat reader: I have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on my Windows 10 system but trying to get it as the default pdf document reader dosen't seem to work, any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-reader/ba3f4dae-8961-4a32-9cd3-ca767f8e07a4
  8. Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader

Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader: Can someone give me some insight into this issue? I installed Kaspersky Internet Security software on my computer. When I click on the Adobe Acrobat Reader icon on my desktop, I get a window that says, "Windows cannot find "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader...
  9. Adobe Acrobat Reader (AAR) prevented as Default PDF file Opener

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adobe Acrobat Reader (AAR) prevented as Default PDF file Opener: I had Microsoft Edge as default reader on my Win 10 HP laptop and am NOT able to choose AAR as the default even after resetting the Edge app and removing it from the default position. I can choose AAR for PDFxml files but NOT straight PDF files. Others have had the same...
  10. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Not Letting Other PDF Viewers to Open PDF File

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Not Letting Other PDF Viewers to Open PDF File: A friend of mine called me asking for help converting an important document from a PDF to a DOC. I go to a website to convert the PDF and when I open it it gives me this... [img] . I then go to open the PDF in Edge and Firefox (they are the only other PDF viewers I have...