Windows 10: Open PDFs in Chrome when searching in windows search bar.

Discus and support Open PDFs in Chrome when searching in windows search bar. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I search for a pdf in the windows search bar and click it, it opens the PDF in Microsoft edge instead of chrome. I have chrome as my default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MobileUser21, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Open PDFs in Chrome when searching in windows search bar.

When I search for a pdf in the windows search bar and click it, it opens the PDF in Microsoft edge instead of chrome. I have chrome as my default browser and chrome as the default app by file type already. How can I get the file to open in chrome?

submitted by /u/MobileUser21
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MobileUser21, Sep 4, 2020

2. Searching in PDF?

Hey guys, I need to look up a large list of data from a PDF file, basically just to check if each entry of the list is in the pdf. Is there some way to do this without having to check one by one?

ebolamonkey3, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Open PDFs in Chrome when searching in windows search bar.

photos or logos appearing in search bar when looking for something.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are getting images while using the search bar in Google Chrome. I see that this a new feature that’s been introduced in Google Chrome version 75.0.3770.80.

However, I would like to let you know that you can take off the photos that are displayed while you search for something by following the steps listed below. Kindly follow the same and see if it works:

1. Open Chrome browser and copy paste the following string into the Chrome address bar:
      chrome://flags/#omnibox-rich-entity-suggestions
    2. Press Enter, and choose ‘Omnibox Rich Entity Suggestions’ option to
      Disabled from the drop down menu.
    3. Close the browser and relaunch it.

For further queries, I would suggest you to get in touch with the
    Google support
    team and they will help you with this.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Open PDFs in Chrome when searching in windows search bar.

1. Open PDFs in Chrome when searching in windows search bar. - Similar Threads - Open PDFs Chrome

2. Windows Search bar opens OneDrive-located PDFs in the browser instead that in Adobe Reader.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search bar opens OneDrive-located PDFs in the browser instead that in Adobe Reader.: Dear all,I have a very frustrating issue on Windows 11 latest build and previous ones. Some premises:I have OneDrive installed on my PC and I work on files saved there;Adobe Reader is the default app to open PDFs;Adobe Reader actually opens PDFs when they're launched from...
  3. Windows Search bar opens OneDrive-located PDFs in the browser instead that in Adobe Reader.

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar opens OneDrive-located PDFs in the browser instead that in Adobe Reader.: Dear all,I have a very frustrating issue on Windows 11 latest build and previous ones. Some premises:I have OneDrive installed on my PC and I work on files saved there;Adobe Reader is the default app to open PDFs;Adobe Reader actually opens PDFs when they're launched from...
  4. Windows Search bar opens OneDrive-located PDFs in the browser instead that in Adobe Reader.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11 Windows Search not searching or Indexing PDFs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Windows Search not searching or Indexing PDFs: Brand new Dell XPS laptop with Windows 11. It will not search text within PDF files. From looking on the internet seems like there are lots of problems Windows Search in Windows 11 which did not exist in Windows 10. Including not searching/indexing contents of PDF files,...
  6. Windows 11 Windows Search not searching or Indexing PDFs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Windows Search not searching or Indexing PDFs: Brand new Dell XPS laptop with Windows 11. It will not search text within PDF files. From looking on the internet seems like there are lots of problems Windows Search in Windows 11 which did not exist in Windows 10. Including not searching/indexing contents of PDF files,...
  7. Search bar not opening

in Cortana
    Search bar not opening: I'm on the most recent version of windows 10 and whenever I use a shortcut that requires the windows key or I click on the search bar it automatically closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-not-opening/691960a6-7d27-430d-9734-04a8ac06414f
  8. The Search Bar wont open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Search Bar wont open: My search bar wont open and every time I click on the little icon the SearchApp open on the TaskManager for like 3 seconds and then closes. Help pls I've done the Troubleshoot and many other things and nothing. submitted by /u/xdRyu [link] [comments]...
  9. Using Windows search bar and Chrome

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using Windows search bar and Chrome: Is there any way to perform searches in Windows that use Chrome instead of Bing? submitted by /u/Alendrathril [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ga1pxi/using_windows_search_bar_and_chrome/
  10. Cortana search bar in not open

in Cortana
    Cortana search bar in not open: How can I turn on the Cortana search bar? I can talk to ask Cortana a question but I cannot type the question. The search bar is accessible. The microphone is visible....