Windows 10: Open ports on router suddenly closed

Discus and support Open ports on router suddenly closed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Windows 10 machine with D-link DSL-225 router. I've opened a few port in the router's interface and it worked for more than a year.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tanin, Mar 17, 2019.

1. tanin Win User

Open ports on router suddenly closed

Hello,

I have a Windows 10 machine with D-link DSL-225 router.

I've opened a few port in the router's interface and it worked for more than a year. Lately I noticed that the ports I opened are now closed and I can't figure out why.

When I check them with Advanced Port Scanner program, and I use the laptop's local ip they show as open. When I type the external ip they are closed.

Any ideas?

I've tried so many things by now that I'm 100% lost.

p.s. I even called the ISP to ask if they close the port but apparently not.

p.s.2. When I scan the external ip, it only shows 1 open port when I scan "All TCP ports 1-65535".

:)

tanin, Mar 17, 2019
  2. spy2520 Win User

ports on router for gaming

I went into my router before for simple things like adding WEP keys and all that. but when it comes to ports i'm kinda confused, i have a linksys router and i also have a game that uses these ports: TCP: 18210, 18215, 13505.
    UDP: (outgoing) 18215, 20000-22000; (incoming) 3658
    also notes "port 1042 needs to be opened instead of 1000"

with forwarding and triggering etc. listed in the router i dont know what i actually need to do to "open" these ports, any help?

spy2520, Mar 17, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 17, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

Opening/ forwarding ports without accessing router settings

Yes, in order to open close ports in XP you still need to access the router. You need to either reset it or get the password. No other way around it.

erocker, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Open ports on router suddenly closed - Similar Threads - Open ports router

2. Port 3306 is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Port 3306 is closed: I checked my 3306 status at https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and it shows Port 3306 is closed on xx.xx.xx.xx.And telnet xx.xx.xx.xx 3306 on another computer cmd also shows "Could not open connection to the host, on port 3366: Connect failed"But I have set it up...
  3. Port 3306 is closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Port 3306 is closed: I checked my 3306 status at https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and it shows Port 3306 is closed on xx.xx.xx.xx.And telnet xx.xx.xx.xx 3306 on another computer cmd also shows "Could not open connection to the host, on port 3366: Connect failed"But I have set it up...
  4. open a port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    open a port: how do i open a port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-a-port/1fe31cf4-ed65-464d-bf0c-627baa17d826
  5. open a port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    open a port: how do i open a port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-a-port/1fe31cf4-ed65-464d-bf0c-627baa17d826
  6. Router Ethernet Port problem.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Router Ethernet Port problem.: I have just been supplied with a new router by my fibre optic supplier. The router has 4 Ethernet ports and I have my PC connected to one of them. I also have a set top box for my streaming TV signal, this is connected by cable to another of the Ethernet ports. The PC...
  7. Opening ports

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening ports: Hello. I'm trying to setup a Pi Node using a windows 10 Pro 64 laptop. The system has a nice clean install of win10 and I've not done much with it. I'm stuck on a step that requires TCP ports 31400-31409 open. I've created rules in Win firewall allowing them for inbound and...
  8. Hackers opening SMB ports on routers to infect PCs with NSA malware

in Windows 10 News
    Hackers opening SMB ports on routers to infect PCs with NSA malware: Akamai has detected an ingenious malware campaign that alters configurations on home and small office routers to open connections toward internal networks so crooks can infect previously isolated computers. The way hackers achieve this, Akamai said, is via a technique known...
  9. Problem with game apps. They open then suddenly close.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with game apps. They open then suddenly close.: I tell you, Windows 10 is a bit*h with it's metro app implementation! I had purchased Minecraft windows 10 edition and attempted to get the free realm trail and after that, the app would no longer function. See the video here Minecraft Windows 10 crashing - YouTube Now i'm...
  10. Problem with game apps. They open then suddenly close.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with game apps. They open then suddenly close.: I tell you, Windows 10 is a bit*h with it's metro app implementation! I had purchased Minecraft windows 10 edition and attempted to get the free realm trail and after that, the app would no longer function. See the video here Minecraft Windows 10 crashing - YouTube Now i'm...