Windows 10: open program icons in taskbar

Discus and support open program icons in taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows has always let me toggle between open windows by either clicking on the item in the taskbar or on the window itself (for example, when I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tollmen, Oct 3, 2018.

1. tollmen Win User

open program icons in taskbar

Windows has always let me toggle between open windows by either clicking on the item in the taskbar or on the window itself (for example, when I'm going back and forth between Excel and Chrome). But now the Chrome button is the only icon that brings its window to the foreground when I click in the taskbar; in order to see the open Excel window I can't just click on it, I have to minimize the open Chrome window. What has happened to the taskbar?

:)

tollmen, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

Naki, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

1. open program icons in taskbar - Similar Threads - open program icons

2. Taskbar program Icons are not shwoing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar program Icons are not shwoing: Some taskbar program icons are not showing; how can I fix this issue?.these are different programs from different publishers e.g., Firefox, Adobe Cloud, GeForce Nvidia, etc....
  3. Taskbar shows opened program icons as Blank Spaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar shows opened program icons as Blank Spaces: Hi, After the last windows update called "Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2" I have this issue. When I open some programs/Apps, task bar is not showing the related icon. Instead, a blank space appear in the task bar. This happened after the windows updates and I...
  4. Desktop icons won't open programs, taskbar will.

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons won't open programs, taskbar will.: Hello; This is a new build for my daughter. Version Build 19041. Initially, icons opened files with no problem. After a couple of restarts, none will work. If I pin any of them to the taskbar, they open just fine. Same goes for opening them from the start menu. Of course,...
  5. Not able to open program when Icons are grouped in taskbar

Not able to open program when Icons are grouped in taskbar: I have a user that last week when a icon is grouped in the taskbar, you are not able to click on the program to open. You hold the mouse over the icon, see the preview of the windows and if you click on the preview, nothing happens. Singe icons work perfect but combined icons...
  6. program icons on taskbar will not hide

program icons on taskbar will not hide: Hi, For my Taskbar on my notebook computer I'm able to turn on/off the system icons on the taskbar via Settings - Personalization - Taskbar - Turn system icons on or off However, toggling the program icons such as OneDrive, does not hide them. On my Desktop PC this works...
  7. Taskbar program icons not opening to on screen windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar program icons not opening to on screen windows: I have a problem with the taskbar. If I have some files open, for example a couple of Word documents, or maybe several outlook emails I can hover over the taskbar program icon and it will show me a preview of the open files or emails. As I understand things I should be able...
  8. Taskbar not showing open programs and pinned icons missing

Taskbar not showing open programs and pinned icons missing: Hi All of a sudden, my pinned programmes are no longer showing on my taskbar in Windows 10. The icons are also not showing for programmes currently open so I can't right click to pin. Why has this changed, and how do I revert it back to being able to see programmes on the...
  9. Program shortcut opens another "running" icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program shortcut opens another "running" icon in taskbar: Hi Guys, I have Firefox pinned to my taskbar, but when I run the program, it opens up another icon in the taskbar to indicate that it's running. The other browser I use does not do that. In fact, I do not remember Firefox doing that previously. It will just "underscores"...
  10. No program icons on taskbar appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    No program icons on taskbar appearing: So I just upgraded my grandma's laptop to Win 10 for her. Now, when I open any app, no taskbar icon is placed on the taskbar. I could have 5 apps open and the only thing on the taskbar are the start button, cortana search bar and the task view button. Any ideas why this is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar open programs icons