Windows 10: Open programs Icons on taskbar don't load and show as a white paper.

Discus and support Open programs Icons on taskbar don't load and show as a white paper. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Some programs like Blender and PureRef won't load the icons, they only show as white paper icons.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by renatolauriano, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Open programs Icons on taskbar don't load and show as a white paper.

Some programs like Blender and PureRef won't load the icons, they only show as white paper icons.

:)

renatolauriano, Nov 30, 2021
  2. sirrus Win User

Blank Thumbnails on Taskbar and Paper white images icon

Hi, After the recent update 1709 -- (The fall update I think) I've encounter issues with thumbnail previewer. I does not show thumbnail images but default icon instead

Open programs Icons on taskbar don't load and show as a white paper. [​IMG]

it wasn't my first time I've encountered this, It happened same thing on every updates. So knew I'd need to rebuild icon and thumbnail cache once again so I following this steps...

Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
    Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
    After Creators Update 2 thumbnails cache keeps auto-deleting Solved - Windows 10 Forums

After few restart, it did not solve my issues issues, It did not rebuild cache but went for worst. Now I got I got a blank icon/thumbnails on taskbar (left of screen) and it seem to happen only on windows store app (i.e. calendar, mail, photo previewer and etc..) not the third party programs.

I also have issues with images (almost most image format) showing paper white thumbnails, instead of previewer or default icon.

I cannot fathom how this happen. I've spend hours goggling for solution, done many different methods on rebuilding icon and reboot pc 50+ times. Went through recovery and rollback version. sfc /scannow DISM. virus screening, disk cleaning and etc none of it detect my issues and its driving me nuts.
    Instead of having to reset windows and reinstall many of 3rd parties program again I was hoping there are solution. Would anyone by any chance know what the issues are? Thanks in advance.

sirrus, Nov 30, 2021
  3. res0khor Win User
    white line under icons on taskbar

icons on taskbar in windows 10 has a white line under all programs list in it that are open, is there a way of removing it?

res0khor, Nov 30, 2021
  4. Open programs Icons on taskbar don't load and show as a white paper.

White icons on taskbar, how to fix?

I am running Windows 7. All of my icons on the taskbar just to the right of the Start button look like white paper. How can I get them back? I cannot launch any of my programs because the icons do not work. It will say, "The item you selected is unavailable.
    It might have been moved, renamed or removed. Do you want to remove it from the list?" I have to go to the Start Menu and find the program there to launch it. I saw a similar post for Windows 8 but it did not work for me.

Stormy4757, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

Open programs Icons on taskbar don't load and show as a white paper.

1. Open programs Icons on taskbar don't load and show as a white paper. - Similar Threads - Open programs Icons

2. Open programs Icons on taskbar don't load and show as a white paper.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open programs Icons on taskbar don't load and show as a white paper.: Some programs like Blender and PureRef won't load the icons, they only show as white paper icons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-programs-icons-on-taskbar-dont-load-and-show/9b4d0c5a-b2b2-4d53-916f-4a5e0532e7c3
  3. Taskbar shows opened program icons as Blank Spaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar shows opened program icons as Blank Spaces: Hi, After the last windows update called "Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2" I have this issue. When I open some programs/Apps, task bar is not showing the related icon. Instead, a blank space appear in the task bar. This happened after the windows updates and I...
  4. Paper Icon Taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Paper Icon Taskbar: [ATTACH] When I open Visual Studio Code from my desktop it appears as a blank white paper on my taskbar. How do I fix this problem?? I will leave a picture. Looks like that on my taskbar. submitted by /u/chrisisaac69 [link] [comments]...
  5. White piece of paper on icons

in Windows 10 Support
    White piece of paper on icons: Well, this is new. Anyone know how to fix this that I'm sure was caused by me. LOL! [img] - - - Updated - - - Nevermind. Fixed it!! 157879
  6. Taskbar icon turns to white sheets of paper upon being pinned to the taskbar

Taskbar icon turns to white sheets of paper upon being pinned to the taskbar: I have an app running in Windows 10 as an administrator. The icon is the app's (sysinternals' Process Explorer) usual icon. When I pin it to the taskbar, it turns to white sheets of paper. When I unpin it, it turns back to normal. Please advise how to pin it and keep the...
  7. Taskbar not showing open programs and pinned icons missing

Taskbar not showing open programs and pinned icons missing: Hi All of a sudden, my pinned programmes are no longer showing on my taskbar in Windows 10. The icons are also not showing for programmes currently open so I can't right click to pin. Why has this changed, and how do I revert it back to being able to see programmes on the...
  8. open program icons in taskbar

open program icons in taskbar: Windows has always let me toggle between open windows by either clicking on the item in the taskbar or on the window itself (for example, when I'm going back and forth between Excel and Chrome). But now the Chrome button is the only icon that brings its window to the...
  9. Blank Thumbnails on Taskbar and Paper white images icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Thumbnails on Taskbar and Paper white images icon: Hi, After the recent update 1709 -- (The fall update I think) I've encounter issues with thumbnail previewer. I does not show thumbnail images but default icon instead [img] it wasn't my first time I've encountered this, It happened same thing on every updates. So knew...
  10. White paper icons and empty folders!?

in Windows 10 Support
    White paper icons and empty folders!?: Hello, I have windows 10 home operating system on my laptop I have a problem with my file folder. when I first open it it shows that it works fine. [img] However I've notice that on the left I see the OS and D drive as white icons. When i access any folders and then...