Windows 10: "Open Saved Log" has been running for 1-1/2 plus hours. Can I stop it without creating...

Discus and support "Open Saved Log" has been running for 1-1/2 plus hours. Can I stop it without creating... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; NOTICE About Windows Topics: I am required to choose a Windows Topic before posting my questions. This post is about a Saved Log selection in Event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lacenter, May 23, 2019.

1. lacenter Win User

"Open Saved Log" has been running for 1-1/2 plus hours. Can I stop it without creating...

NOTICE About Windows Topics:

I am required to choose a Windows Topic before posting my questions. This post is about a Saved Log selection in Event Viewer. There was no Event Viewer or Logs category to select for this post.

Windows 10 running on a touch-screen Toshiba Satellite C55t-B5354

Intel Core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70 GHz 2.40GHz Processor

8 GB RAMUSB WD Passport drive

I clicked on "Open Saved Log" in Event Viewer because Windows 10 said my USB WD Passport drive needed repair. The "action" window that was brought up has been running for over 1-1/2 hours, but has not opened a log. I'm guessing it is not trying to repair the WD Passport drive problems, since it is a log, but cannot be sure what it is doing. It has no way to cancel out or kill the window.

Questions:

1. Would I ruin anything if I use Task Master to stop it?

2. If it would not ruin anything, what task should I end?

Thanks.

:)

lacenter, May 23, 2019

2. Can't run sims 1.

Hi Addison,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• Can you run other games on the computer?
    I would suggest you to follow these steps provided below and check, if it helps.

The issue is occurring due to outdated or corrupt graphics card driver.

Method 1:

You may also update the graphic card driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

•Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

•Expand “Display Adaptor”.

•Right click on the graphic card driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check, if it works.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 2.

Method 2:

Install the latest Display adaptor driver and Graphic card driver in Compatibility mode:

I would suggest you to uninstall and download the Latest the Display adaptor driver and Graphic card driver from manufacture's website and reinstall it in compatibility mode.

1. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility Tab.

3. Place a check mark next to Run this program in

Compatibility Mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

4. Let the driver to install and then, check the functionality.

I would also suggest you to uninstall and download the Sims 1 deluxe edition game software from The Sims official game software website and reinstall it in compatibility mode.

Try to follow these steps to uninstall the Sims 1 deluxe edition game software:

1. Press Windows key + R, to get the RUN command.

2. In RUN command Window, type control.

3. The Control Panel appears, then go to programs and features option.

4. In the programs and features option, go to the Uninstall or change a program and then, you can uninstall the Sims 1 deluxe edition game software.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, May 23, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Save RAW drive - Don't want data

Open Admin command prompt, then type:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk ======> Take note of disk # of the RAW drive
    3. select disk # ======> is the number in step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize it, Create Simple, format.

topgundcp, May 23, 2019
  4. "Open Saved Log" has been running for 1-1/2 plus hours. Can I stop it without creating...

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 23, 2019
Thema:

"Open Saved Log" has been running for 1-1/2 plus hours. Can I stop it without creating...

1. "Open Saved Log" has been running for 1-1/2 plus hours. Can I stop it without creating... - Similar Threads - Open Saved Log

2. My DISPLAY seting shows 1/2 not the normal 1 and 2 separate It has combined 1 with 2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My DISPLAY seting shows 1/2 not the normal 1 and 2 separate It has combined 1 with 2...: Display settings will not let me correct the 1/2 monitor to individual 1 and 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-display-seting-shows-12-not-the-normal-1-and-2/209762fa-a35f-40f1-bb9e-e8bca2501b72
  3. My DISPLAY seting shows 1/2 not the normal 1 and 2 separate It has combined 1 with 2...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My DISPLAY seting shows 1/2 not the normal 1 and 2 separate It has combined 1 with 2...: Display settings will not let me correct the 1/2 monitor to individual 1 and 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-display-seting-shows-12-not-the-normal-1-and-2/209762fa-a35f-40f1-bb9e-e8bca2501b72
  4. This has been going on for about 2 hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This has been going on for about 2 hours.: It's stuck on 20% for about 2 hours. And what is this error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-has-been-going-on-for-about-2-hours/4c76a954-4030-42c3-8ff5-546b08af52aa
  5. when I open word, the blank page appears to be 1-1/2 x 2 in. How can I return it to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    when I open word, the blank page appears to be 1-1/2 x 2 in. How can I return it to...: when I open word, the blank page appears to be 1-1/2 x 2 in. How can I return it to original size. This happened after the latest update....
  6. No internet secured issue every 1-2 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet secured issue every 1-2 hours: I have been facing this problem ever since i updated on 7/8 march,the wifi keeps dropping,even though its working fine on all other device it doesn't work on mine and gives me this error time and time again,have tried searching on the sub and tried all solutions, nothing...
  7. Internet Cuts Out Every 1-2 hours

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Cuts Out Every 1-2 hours: So my internet stops for a few seconds every 1-2-3 hours its random but between those numbers. I've contacted ISP,checked modem and cable and told me that everything seems fine on their end but they do see in the logs that it cuts out often and have no explanation for this,...
  8. Lenovo T440, Battery 1 not present, while Battery 2 only has 1 hour of usage.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo T440, Battery 1 not present, while Battery 2 only has 1 hour of usage.: Hello! As the title states, I am using a Lenovo T440 ThinkPad. I'm using it for school, and 1 hour of battery time is NOT enough. That one hour is even with performance at lowest, as well as battery saver on at all times. The 1st battery seems to not be present, or only one...
  9. System Restore has been restoring the registry for 7-1/2 hours

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore has been restoring the registry for 7-1/2 hours: ` I have been watching the following for more than 7 hours... What do I do? Thanks! Vince [img] 141410
  10. 1-2 hour boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1-2 hour boot time: Please help, I have just pulled a Dell motherboard and i7 processor from a Dell Precision T1500 and built into a new case with a fresh install of windows 10 on a 128gb SSD with 16gb DDR3 memory & 2x additional HDD's for extra storage. Everything was working fine until I...