Windows 10: Open saved URL shortcuts in Chrome with parameters

Discus and support Open saved URL shortcuts in Chrome with parameters in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; On the latest version of Edge, I can enable the Extensions Toolbar Menu by adding "--enable-features=ExtensionsToolbarMenu" parameter to the shortcut... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bamajon1974, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Open saved URL shortcuts in Chrome with parameters

On the latest version of Edge, I can enable the Extensions Toolbar Menu by adding "--enable-features=ExtensionsToolbarMenu" parameter to the shortcut target pinned to the start menu and to the taskbar.

However, when launching Edge from saved URLs (both internetshortcut and IE.Assoc.File.URL types) -- by this I mean opening URL files either taken from IE Favorites folder and saved to another folder or dragged out of Edge bookmark manager creating a URL file and NOT from within the bookmark manager, Edge is launched without the extension toolbar enabled. Apparently, these URL files launch Edge without addons enabled.

How do I open saved URL files to open Edge WITH parameters? I cannot modify the msedge.exe file with a parameter.
    Do I need to modify something in the registry regarding URL/internetshortcut/IE.Assoc.File.URL?

Or, better yet, how would I add an Open With menu to saved URL files to open in a browser with parameters?

Thanks!

Windows 10 x64 v20H2. Edge v87

:)

bamajon1974, Jan 4, 2021
  2. pt007786 Win User

Shortcut won't add to right side (with parameters)!

Hi

I've found that I can't add a shortcut to the area on the right of the Start menu, designed for adding apps, if it has parameters. e.g. "...\xxxxx.exe" /p

I need to add a parameter for this app to run correctly. I added the parameter to the shortcut in the usual way by opening the shortcut properties and editing the Target address.

When I open the shortcut, the app opens using the parameters. I can also pin the app to the task bar and it opens correctly. However when I choose to pin to the Start, nothing happens. There is no error message, but nothing appears in the start menu. I can add the shortcut to the start menu without the parameter and that works. But no way to put a shortcut with a parameter on the start menu.

Can anyone suggest a workaround? If not I'll keep it on my task bar.

pt007786, Jan 4, 2021
  3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Open saved URL shortcuts in Chrome with parameters

Parameters not working on items pinned to taskbar

I have several parameters I use on my google chrome shortcut to fix the DPI shown below.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" /high-dpi-support=1 /force-device-scale-factor=1.05

When I apply these parameters to my google chrome taskbar shortcut, the parameters are ignored. It only works if I start chrome from double clicking on the shortcut in the ...\User Pinned\TaskBar directory itself.

I've applied the parameters to the chrome shortcut in this location - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

I've done a log off\restart after doing this with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

bobsagetfullhou, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Open saved URL shortcuts in Chrome with parameters

1. Open saved URL shortcuts in Chrome with parameters - Similar Threads - Open saved URL

2. I need a google chrome extension that can save website as an .url internet shortcut file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need a google chrome extension that can save website as an .url internet shortcut file...: Can someone tell me which google chrome extension does what I need?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-google-chrome-extension-that-can-save/4911d65f-5e6c-4d57-ac51-2692db7c200d
  3. I need a google chrome extension that can save website as an .url internet shortcut file...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need a google chrome extension that can save website as an .url internet shortcut file...: Can someone tell me which google chrome extension does what I need?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-google-chrome-extension-that-can-save/4911d65f-5e6c-4d57-ac51-2692db7c200d
  4. I need a google chrome extension that can save website as an .url internet shortcut file...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Chrome will only open with a shortcut

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome will only open with a shortcut: Ever since I have gotten my pc February 2022 I have had this problem where chrome will not open unless I create a shortcut. What happens is I download chrome then after that, I run chrome and as soon as I run chrome it closes immediately. So to fix chrome I will first go into...
  6. Saving URLs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving URLs: Hi! I'm a long time User. I've had this question for a long time, also. Using both Chrome and Edge, I can drag/drop the title to the desktop or a folder without a problem; however, sometimes the title is prefixed with a parenthetic 2-digit number. So, my question is...
  7. URL shortcut - open with

in Browsers and Email
    URL shortcut - open with: You can make shortcuts for programs, but a special thing is to make shortcuts to web URL's The thing is, if you right click on these, there's no open to open this URL with this or that browser. I would prefer that you have that option for each separate URL shortcut, but then...
  8. URL shortcut - open with

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URL shortcut - open with: You can make shortcuts for programs, but a special thing is to make shortcuts to web URL's The thing is, if you right click on these, there's no open to open this URL with this or that browser. I would prefer that you have that option for each separate URL shortcut, but then...
  9. URL shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    URL shortcut: How do you create a desktop shortcut to a URL? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/url-shortcut/69caf9fd-eb33-4320-8bd4-10f73cb13790
  10. Firefox url shortcut downloads and opens a file

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox url shortcut downloads and opens a file: I'm running windows 10 pro build 14986. For example, I go to bing.com. I drag and drop the shortcut from Firefox to the desktop. I double click on the shortcut and it opens File:///C:/Users/Username/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/IE/OB0L0QRF/HGCFGEDM. I can watch...