Windows 10: Open saved URL shortcuts in Chrome with parameters

Discus and support Open saved URL shortcuts in Chrome with parameters in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; On the latest version of Edge, I can enable the Extensions Toolbar Menu by adding "--enable-features=ExtensionsToolbarMenu" parameter to the shortcut... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bamajon1974, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Open saved URL shortcuts in Chrome with parameters

On the latest version of Edge, I can enable the Extensions Toolbar Menu by adding "--enable-features=ExtensionsToolbarMenu" parameter to the shortcut target pinned to the start menu and to the taskbar.

However, when launching Edge from saved URLs (both internetshortcut and IE.Assoc.File.URL types) -- by this I mean opening URL files either taken from IE Favorites folder and saved to another folder or dragged out of Edge bookmark manager creating a URL file and NOT from within the bookmark manager, Edge is launched without the extension toolbar enabled. Apparently, these URL files launch Edge without addons enabled.

How do I open saved URL files to open Edge WITH parameters? I cannot modify the msedge.exe file with a parameter.
    Do I need to modify something in the registry regarding URL/internetshortcut/IE.Assoc.File.URL?

Or, better yet, how would I add an Open With menu to saved URL files to open in a browser with parameters?

Thanks!

Windows 10 x64 v20H2. Edge v87

:)

bamajon1974, Jan 4, 2021
  2. pt007786 Win User

Shortcut won't add to right side (with parameters)!

Hi

I've found that I can't add a shortcut to the area on the right of the Start menu, designed for adding apps, if it has parameters. e.g. "...\xxxxx.exe" /p

I need to add a parameter for this app to run correctly. I added the parameter to the shortcut in the usual way by opening the shortcut properties and editing the Target address.

When I open the shortcut, the app opens using the parameters. I can also pin the app to the task bar and it opens correctly. However when I choose to pin to the Start, nothing happens. There is no error message, but nothing appears in the start menu. I can add the shortcut to the start menu without the parameter and that works. But no way to put a shortcut with a parameter on the start menu.

Can anyone suggest a workaround? If not I'll keep it on my task bar.

pt007786, Jan 4, 2021
  3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Open saved URL shortcuts in Chrome with parameters

Parameters not working on items pinned to taskbar

I have several parameters I use on my google chrome shortcut to fix the DPI shown below.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" /high-dpi-support=1 /force-device-scale-factor=1.05

When I apply these parameters to my google chrome taskbar shortcut, the parameters are ignored. It only works if I start chrome from double clicking on the shortcut in the ...\User Pinned\TaskBar directory itself.

I've applied the parameters to the chrome shortcut in this location - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

I've done a log off\restart after doing this with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

bobsagetfullhou, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Open saved URL shortcuts in Chrome with parameters

1. Open saved URL shortcuts in Chrome with parameters - Similar Threads - Open saved URL

2. Saving URLs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving URLs: Hi! I'm a long time User. I've had this question for a long time, also. Using both Chrome and Edge, I can drag/drop the title to the desktop or a folder without a problem; however, sometimes the title is prefixed with a parenthetic 2-digit number. So, my question is...
  3. URL shortcut - open with

in Browsers and Email
    URL shortcut - open with: You can make shortcuts for programs, but a special thing is to make shortcuts to web URL's The thing is, if you right click on these, there's no open to open this URL with this or that browser. I would prefer that you have that option for each separate URL shortcut, but then...
  4. URL shortcut - open with

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URL shortcut - open with: You can make shortcuts for programs, but a special thing is to make shortcuts to web URL's The thing is, if you right click on these, there's no open to open this URL with this or that browser. I would prefer that you have that option for each separate URL shortcut, but then...
  5. Weird shortcut that opens to chrome

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird shortcut that opens to chrome: Hello there, I recently noticed that there were 3 new shortcuts in my start page's "recently added" that was named "simple calc", "power tool - g suite", and "camera". When I tried to uninstall, it would take me to the apps manager window but I couldn't find the apps there....
  6. URL shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    URL shortcut: How do you create a desktop shortcut to a URL? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/url-shortcut/69caf9fd-eb33-4320-8bd4-10f73cb13790
  7. shortcut to URL misbehaves

shortcut to URL misbehaves: When I drag the lock icon from a browser address-bar (opened to a URL) to the desktop, a shortcut to that webpage is supposed to form, but when I click that 'shortcut', it is NOT a browser that opens, but a print (queue ?) window. That same response of inappropriately...
  8. google chrome older shortcuts not opening

google chrome older shortcuts not opening: Hi, Had this problem for a while now with google chrome browser, I can create new shortcuts to desktop and they work fine but older ones still will not open the icon etc is there but it only opens to the google page, I have uninstalled chrome,reset it etc but nothing seems...
  9. Open URL from Desktop Shortcut in Fullscreen for Microsoft Edge ?

in Browsers and Email
    Open URL from Desktop Shortcut in Fullscreen for Microsoft Edge ?: ....... I would like to add a Microsoft Edge desktop shortcut to an url and open in fullscreen (not just maximized). Can someone please tell me how to configure the shortcut ...?... 87651
  10. Firefox url shortcut downloads and opens a file

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox url shortcut downloads and opens a file: I'm running windows 10 pro build 14986. For example, I go to bing.com. I drag and drop the shortcut from Firefox to the desktop. I double click on the shortcut and it opens File:///C:/Users/Username/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/IE/OB0L0QRF/HGCFGEDM. I can watch...