Windows 10: Open Settings on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Discus and support Open Settings on Windows 10 Mobile Phone in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Open Settings on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Open Settings in Windows 10 Mobile Phones [img] Information Most of the settings you'll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Open Settings on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to: Open Settings on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Open Settings in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

Open Settings on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [​IMG]
    Information Most of the settings you'll want to change in Windows 10 Mobile phones are in Settings. Settings is organized into the separate System, Devices, Network & Internet, Personalization, Accounts, Time & language, Ease of Access, Privacy, Update & recovery, and Extras categories. You can click/tap on a category to view and change more settings for that category.

This tutorial will show you how to open Settings in Windows 10 Mobile phones.

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 or step 3 below for how you would like to open Settings.

2. Open Settings from Apps
    A) Tap on the Start button at the bottom of your phone to go to your Start screen. (see screenshot below)

B) Either swipe left or tap on the arrow button on your Start screen. (see screenshot below)

C) Scroll down to the S section, tap on Settings, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

3. Open Settings from Action Center
    A) Swipe down from the top edge of your phone's screen to open the Action Center. (see screenshots below)

B) Tap on the All Settings button, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now tap on any setting category to make changes to your phone settings for what you want. (see screenshot below)

Note If you do not see Settings like below, then tap on the back arrow button until you do. Settings will open to how it was last closed.

5. Here are all the subsettings per category. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Cluster Head, Feb 3, 2016
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

4. meebers Win User

Open Settings on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 26, 2019
  5. lorraine walsh, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Guide to download Windows 10 Mobile on supported phones

Guide to download Windows 10 Mobile on supported phones

Cluster Head, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Open Settings on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

1. Open Settings on Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Similar Threads - Open Settings Mobile

2. mobile phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mobile phone: why i cant remove the phone in my phone app in win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-phone/d7016bbe-70cf-4a38-b11c-8ae6269cfac2
  3. Mobile hotspot can't be opened from settings of windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mobile hotspot can't be opened from settings of windows 10: Good day i have problem that i can't open the Mobile hotspot from the settings of windows 10 each time i try to open hotspot from the settings, the settings page stop working and can't cancel the order how can i solve this problem...
  4. Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Use Find My Device for Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information It's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone. Whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions, Find My Phone can help lay...
  5. Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot on a Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a mobile hotspot with your Windows 10 Mobile phone to share your cellular data connection with other...
  6. Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Reset your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Resetting your Windows 10 Mobile phone will return it to the same state it was in the first time you turned it on. All your personal content stored on the phone will be...
  7. Data Usage Limit - Set on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Data Usage Limit - Set on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Data Usage Limit - Set on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Set a Data Usage Limit on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Windows 10 Mobile can help you stay under your data plan limit and look for ways to help you reduce your data usage. After you set...
  8. Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Block or Unblock Phone Numbers on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can block unwanted calls on your Windows 10 Mobile phone by adding phone numbers to your block list. If a blocked...
  9. Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Erase Online

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Erase Online: How to: Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Erase Online How to Erase your Windows 10 Mobile Phone Online [img] Information It's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone. Whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions, Find My Phone can help lay your...
  10. PIN - Remove in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PIN - Remove in Windows 10 Mobile Phones: How to: PIN - Remove in Windows 10 Mobile Phones How to Remove PIN from your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to your phone, apps, and...