Windows 10: Open Settings > Updates & Security > CRASH . . . . Whats the fix for this ??

Discus and support Open Settings > Updates & Security > CRASH . . . . Whats the fix for this ?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'm new windows user. I woke up to the BSOD and after several attempts windows finally booted. I haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bklyn2DTLA, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Open Settings > Updates & Security > CRASH . . . . Whats the fix for this ??

Hello,

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'm new windows user. I woke up to the BSOD and after several attempts windows finally booted. I haven't downloaded anything recently and this issue has never happened before, this was the first sighting of the BSOD.

After windows booted up everything seems to be fine except I can't get into settings, I can get into control panel and my files, but just not settings. I did a quick google search but I couldn't seem to find a simple fix for this. I thought maybe if I could update the system or roll back the system from the command line maybe that would fix the issue, but couldn't find a simple tutorial.

If anyone has gone through this issue and would like to share their knowledge it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone !!!

submitted by /u/Bklyn2DTLA
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bklyn2DTLA, Jan 26, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

3. Update and Security page crashes windows 10

The first fix you listed to resolve the problem with update and security crashing after one second, is to start the pc in safe mode, and your directions to do that are to to go to settings and click on updates and security....you can't really fix the updates
    and security crashes by a process that includes clicking on it, because it crashes!

David B McNamara, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Open Settings > Updates & Security > CRASH . . . . Whats the fix for this ??

QuickBooks crash while opening data file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that after Windows and QuickBooks update whenever you open a data file in QuickBooks, it crashes. We would like to know if any other programs are crashing apart from QuickBooks.

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Repair QuickBooks

I suggest you to try repairing QuickBooks and then open data file in it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Look for QuickBooks application from the list, right click on it and select
      Repair.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair process.

If repairing QuickBooks didn’t fix the issue, please refer Method 2.

Method 2: Open Sample data file

You can try opening a Sample data file in QuickBooks and check if QuickBooks crash. If QuickBooks didn’t crash while opening Sample data file, I suspect that the data file that you are trying to open is causing the crash. In this case, I suggest you
    to contact the
    QuickBooks support
    team.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Open Settings > Updates & Security > CRASH . . . . Whats the fix for this ??

1. Open Settings > Updates & Security > CRASH . . . . Whats the fix for this ?? - Similar Threads - Open Settings Updates

2. What to do with my security settings?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What to do with my security settings?: I just uninstalled my free trial of McAfee that came preinstalled on my new laptop. Once I did that I activated my computer's security options. Is there anything specific I should be paying attention to? Anything specific I should do? What is Microsoft Defender and how is...
  3. Windows Security Opens & Crashes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Security Opens & Crashes: Pretty much title, Windows Security, when I open it through any avenue, pops open a ghost window then immediately closes. It's the only app that's done this for me as of now. Any suggestions, thanks! submitted by /u/Booshie23 [link] [comments]...
  4. Update and security is not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update and security is not opening: I am not able to open update and security in the settings menu. Pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-and-security-is-not-opening/b87006b6-c45b-4270-baf4-d63c815c9c8b
  5. February Update KB4532693 Can't Open Update and Security in Settings

February Update KB4532693 Can't Open Update and Security in Settings: Two days ago on the 13th of February the update KB4532693 installed itself. As soon as it installed I noticed problems with my HP 17 AK series laptop. First of all the fans started going mad so I looked in the task manager and several process where in the red. Most notably...
  6. Update and security settings

Update and security settings: (0x80070424) I have been getting this error for a couple of months now - I have tried everything that M/soft help asked of me. I have tried everything shown on You tube (I know - desperate!). There are no files in my software distribution / download folder I have...
  7. windows "security and updates" tab is crashing in settings

windows "security and updates" tab is crashing in settings: so i wanted to check for updates but the settings app keeps crashing when i click on "security and updates" . things i tried: i tried sfc/scannow i tried chkdsk i tried dism image thingy and i havent found a solution yet , i want help as soun as possible thanks...
  8. Windows 10 Settings - Update & Security window crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings - Update & Security window crashes: There appears to be a problem with getting the "Update & Security" Settings page to open. I click on it, and it opens, and then crashes before I am able to click on any of the options on that screen. They are not responsive to any selection method, and the window crashes. I...
  9. Update and Security not opening

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update and Security not opening: Laptop was upgraded to windows 10 a week ago.Now I find update security setting is not opening.Requesting for help for fixing the problem thanks 39671
  10. Settings crash when clicking on Update & Security

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings crash when clicking on Update & Security: Earlier I went into Settings and clicked on Update & Security, and I found Windows Problem Reporting running in the background. I checked the Reliability Monitor (because for some reason problem reports aren't saving on my computer) and found this: Faulting application name:...