Windows 10: Open Shell 4.4.152 Disappears

Discus and support Open Shell 4.4.152 Disappears in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Recently I was getting a message from MS about some program I needed to install and they kept after me to install it so I finally did install it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rgh43, May 4, 2021.

1. rgh43 Win User

Open Shell 4.4.152 Disappears

Recently I was getting a message from MS about some program I needed to install and they kept after me to install it so I finally did install it. I have never had a problem since I installed Open Shell a long time age. Since the recent updates on 4/2/21 my Open Shell menu disappears and it reverts to the Win 10 menu which I dislike. I opened an icon shortcut for Open Shell and got it back but each time I shut off my PC I loose the Win 7 menu & get Win 10 menu again on restart. I go back to the short cut and get the Win 7 menu back. How can I keep it so I dont have to do this every time? My recent updates are on 4/2/21 (3), prior it was 11/30/20. This started after the last 3 updates on 4/2/21. There is an update to Open Shell 4.4.160, should I just install that to fix the issue

:)

rgh43, May 4, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

- when does it disappear? Do you mean its start button vanishes- the process terminates?

Open Shell 4.4.152 Disappears [​IMG]

People don't get the same updates at the same time nor do they necessarily run the same build. The forum prompted you (so we don't have to keep asking):

Open Shell 4.4.152 Disappears [​IMG]

To which specific updates are you referring? (See Update History). Thanks.

Meanwhile obviously you can try the update and report if it helps...

dalchina, May 4, 2021
  3. rgh43 Win User

Recently I was getting a message from MS about some program I needed to install and they kept after me to install it so I finally did install it. I have never had a problem since I installed Open Shell a long time age.

Since the recent updates on 4/2/21 my Open Shell menu disappears and it reverts to the Win 10 menu which I dislike. I opened an icon shortcut for Open Shell and got it back but each time I shut off my PC I loose the Win 7 menu & get Win 10 menu again on restart. I go back to the short cut and get the Win 7 menu back. How can I keep it so I don’t have to do this every time?

My recent updates are on 4/2/21 (3), prior it was 11/30/20. This started after the last 3 updates on 4/2/21.

There is an update to Open Shell 4.4.160, should I just install that to fix the issue

rgh43, May 4, 2021
  4. Open Shell 4.4.152 Disappears

Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

If the laptop works without the battery than the charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install the latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Open Shell 4.4.152 Disappears pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions won't resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to the laptop.

4. When you log in to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If the battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Open Shell 4.4.152 Disappears - Similar Threads - Open Shell 152

2. Microsoft Expression 4 will not open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Expression 4 will not open.: Expression 4 will not launch. The box appears on screen then just drops off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-expression-4-will-not-open/e1b6e375-1405-4184-a99a-7298642559a0
  3. Microsoft Expression 4 will not open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Expression 4 will not open.: Expression 4 will not launch. The box appears on screen then just drops off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-expression-4-will-not-open/e1b6e375-1405-4184-a99a-7298642559a0
  4. Microsoft Expression 4 will not open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows.old disappeared after 4 says

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows.old disappeared after 4 says: Four days ago I had to re-install Windows 10 because it got corrupted beyond any advanced options on the recovery/repair. Re-installation was successful and I could access Windows.old. On trying to recover "favourites" for Edge, one of the advice was to allow hidden folders...
  6. Windows.old disappeared after 4 says

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows.old disappeared after 4 says: Four days ago I had to re-install Windows 10 because it got corrupted beyond any advanced options on the recovery/repair. Re-installation was successful and I could access Windows.old. On trying to recover "favourites" for Edge, one of the advice was to allow hidden folders...
  7. Windows.old disappeared after 4 says

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. 2 of my 4 drives disappear randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 of my 4 drives disappear randomly: Hi everyone So long story short: A while back i noticed after i started up my pc that 2 drives out of 4 were missing still visible in disk management but they were allocated i than restarted my pc and they came back with all the partions on them 1 on each drive and all...
  9. Forza Horizon 4 is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 is not opening: So I have bought Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition 4 days back and I have been trying to run the game but it is not opening. Whenever I have tried to open the game, Playground Games' startup sound starts on a black sceen and then the sound stutters and then the game crashs....
  10. Disappearing Files on Surface Pro 4?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearing Files on Surface Pro 4?: I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out what's going on with a Surface Pro 4 machine running Windows 10. A user brings it to me and says he wants Webroot removed and Avast installed, which I did. He also said he was having issues with his email sending out which I couldn't...