Windows 10: Open Shell forum - don't expect any help from its forum

Discus and support Open Shell forum - don't expect any help from its forum in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, For weeks I've been trying to resolve an explorer hang when launching Open Shell- it's been a persistent problem that various people experienced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dalchina, Jan 29, 2019.

1. dalchina Win User

Open Shell forum - don't expect any help from its forum

Hi, For weeks I've been trying to resolve an explorer hang when launching Open Shell- it's been a persistent problem that various people experienced with Classic Shell. Where this was resolved, each reported case was different.

I would advise you not to waste your time trying to use the forum. The replies from one user, Xenhat, are utterly dismissive and somewhat unpleasant.

Xenhat
    (Notification received that the thread was closed)

My reply:
    So if you use Open Shell, just hope you don't run into problems. It seems you're on your own if you do, alas.

:)

dalchina, Jan 29, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Forum upgrade complete

Hey W1z, any comment on alternating row colors to make things easier to read in the thread lists?

Like this:

Open Shell forum - don't expect any help from its forum suggestion-png.png

newtekie1, Jan 29, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    what is your expectation of this forum

In all honesty, only the staff can run such questionnaires. If you have any suggestions that you would like to share, do so in a separate thread, or the appropriate thread.

btarunr, Jan 29, 2019
  4. RejZoR Win User

Forum upgrade complete

@W1zzard
    I've noticed listed subforums are positioned under the "Sub-forums:" text/label. To lower the vertical footprint, I suggest placing them next to the text/label. There are never so many of subforums that you'll run out of horizontal space.

Like so:
    Sub-forums: [AMD] [NVIDIA]

Instead of:
    Sub-forums:
    [AMD] [NVIDIA]

RejZoR, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Open Shell forum - don't expect any help from its forum - Similar Threads - Open Shell forum

2. forum

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forum: HiIs there a forum for my MSN Hotmail outlook All my important mail is being routed to junk email bypassing the inbox ?Thank youTIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forum/8ffc6768-456c-48e0-ac90-568557a75688
  3. forum

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forum: HiIs there a forum for my MSN Hotmail outlook All my important mail is being routed to junk email bypassing the inbox ?Thank youTIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forum/8ffc6768-456c-48e0-ac90-568557a75688
  4. forum

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. FORUM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FORUM: Is there a Samsung forum looking for an exterior battery charger for my 6s6 phone if it exists? Thank you TIM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forum/e4863c6e-d6f9-49a0-87f5-91788e355ffb
  6. this forum

in Windows 10 Customization
    this forum: how is in any way going to get an answer to my question ? I also have problems with my email guess I wont get that fixed either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-forum/e28feb29-211e-4106-bca4-627f7046c4e6
  7. new to this forum- need help

in Windows 10 Support
    new to this forum- need help: Hi, I'm glad I found this forum, and I hope someone here can help. I don't have much tech knowledge, and don't understand most of the terminology. FOR MORE THAN TWO YEARS I've been having ongoing and often extreme problems with hacking and hacking attempts. It's occurred on...
  8. I fully expect to be banned from the forum for this expression of my thoughts.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I fully expect to be banned from the forum for this expression of my thoughts.: This can never see the light of day - the rules of conduct constrain meaningful discussion. I am not going to let somebody who will remain nameless tell me that no one in the forum would ever recommend a mal ware program such as ESPET or Malwarebytes. When I defended myself...
  9. Forum Help

Forum Help: Greetings, This post is in the wrong category, because the correct categories aren't working. When I try to ask a question in the "Community Participation Center" by clicking the Submit button, the button, topic, and subtopic goes dim, and the question isn't posted:...
  10. Help registering on the Classic Shell Forum

Help registering on the Classic Shell Forum: I must be tired. I am trying to register but I just dont get their captcha test. Screenshot of what it looks like 113776