Windows 10: Open Shell issues on Win 10

Discus and support Open Shell issues on Win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Running Win10 v1903 and Open-Shell is running I cannot drag and drop notepad.exe from a folder onto the desktop Is this normal ? Seems the desktop is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by srfpala, Aug 28, 2019.

1. srfpala Win User

Open Shell issues on Win 10

Running Win10 v1903 and Open-Shell is running
    I cannot drag and drop notepad.exe from a folder onto the desktop
    Is this normal ? Seems the desktop is frozen !
    Anyone else having this experience?
    Bob

:)

srfpala, Aug 28, 2019

2. Windows Shell Experience Host using 35 to 55% of CPU usage on Windows 10

Hi Don,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about CPU utilization by Windows Shell Experience Host, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to end the process from Task Manager and check.

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together to open
      Task Manager

• Go to Processes tab, right-click on the Windows Shell Experience Host process and click
      End Process.

Step 2: Boot the computer in to Safe mode with networking and if the CPU usage is same.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Open Shell issues on Win 10 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Open Shell issues on Win 10 - Similar Threads - Open Shell issues

2. open shell

in Windows 10 Customization
    open shell: on my windows 10 pc i had installed open shell and it worked fine for awhile. But notice it not working correctly so i tried to uninstall it which in the past worked just fine. After i saw it not working correctly I tried to uninstall it. the option asks if i want to close...
  3. open shell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    open shell: on my windows 10 pc i had installed open shell and it worked fine for awhile. But notice it not working correctly so i tried to uninstall it which in the past worked just fine. After i saw it not working correctly I tried to uninstall it. the option asks if i want to close...
  4. open shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Open shell menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open shell menu: Anyone know if Open Shell Menu will work in win 11 ? 181208
  6. Open Shell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open Shell: Those who use or have used Open Shell in the past may understand. I wanted to use a backup which is like an "xslm" file or something like that. I just don't know how to do it or locate the back up. Any help? submitted by /u/iusetiktokandreddit [link] [comments]...
  7. User shell issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User shell issues: So I had one of my games from my pc partially crash and had no choice but to hard power off my pc when I rebooted it I got a black screen with a cursor no safe mode options work atm so my question is will a factory reset or new os installation of windows 10 fix a damaged user...
  8. A look at Open Shell (Classic Shell fork)

in Windows 10 News
    A look at Open Shell (Classic Shell fork): Open Shell is a fork of the popular discontinued Classic Shell program for Windows that may restore a classic Start Menu, Explorer and Internet Explorer shell on the system. Classic Shell was a popular program for Windows that restored functionality in Windows versions that...
  9. Open Shell issues on Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Shell issues on Win10: If this isn't the right place to post, please advise. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Using Chrome on Windows 10Running Open-Shell (Classic-Shell becomes Open-Shell) Attempting Classic Shell Forum Registration but can't...
  10. Classic Shell on Win 10 - Twice the Fun!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Shell on Win 10 - Twice the Fun!: Okay, I am not really attracted to the new Start Menu. So, I went ahead and installed the latest Classic Shell for Win 8. I didn't lose anything. It actually got better. Enjoy the short video. I9UJprCUYpI 2035

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open shell install w10