Windows 10: Open Shell issues on Win10

Discus and support Open Shell issues on Win10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If this isn't the right place to post, please advise. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Using Chrome on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by srfpala, Aug 27, 2019.

1. srfpala Win User

Open Shell issues on Win10

If this isn't the right place to post, please advise.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Using Chrome on Windows 10Running Open-Shell (Classic-Shell becomes Open-Shell)
    Attempting Classic Shell Forum Registration but can't Register.Using Classic Shell • User Control Panel • Login see a a two word confirmation code nor the Text Field.The bottom of the form shows Submit and Reset buttonsWhat am I doing wrong ?-
    On my Win10 Desktop:Mouse over area shows a shade change on the windows screen of 1 inch high by half the screen width ( I call it Area1). Why ? Area1 shows only one icon on the top of an icon stack Trying to drag and drop a notepad.exe icon onto the desktop. But it jumps under the only app icon that is stacked in Area1 ?
    Shouldn't I be able to drop app icons anywhere on the desktop?
    If I need to post elsewhere,let me know
    Bob

:)

srfpala, Aug 27, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Open Shell issues on Win10

Classic Shell no longer in development, and now open source

GitHub - Open-Shell/Open-Shell-Menu: Reborn of Classic Shell.

No change log.
    No home page (page is completely blank except for Home Page at the top left)
    No download links (listed under Latest Nightly Build) for other builds.

See Issue titled: "Release list confusing, multiple sources, missing builds"

It appears that MajorGeeks is just as confused because they are posting nightly builds as if they were released builds.

Comp Cmndo, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Open Shell issues on Win10

1. Open Shell issues on Win10 - Similar Threads - Open Shell issues

2. open shell

in Windows 10 Customization
    open shell: on my windows 10 pc i had installed open shell and it worked fine for awhile. But notice it not working correctly so i tried to uninstall it which in the past worked just fine. After i saw it not working correctly I tried to uninstall it. the option asks if i want to close...
  3. open shell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    open shell: on my windows 10 pc i had installed open shell and it worked fine for awhile. But notice it not working correctly so i tried to uninstall it which in the past worked just fine. After i saw it not working correctly I tried to uninstall it. the option asks if i want to close...
  4. open shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Open shell menu

Open shell menu: Anyone know if Open Shell Menu will work in win 11 ? 181208
  6. Open Shell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open Shell: Those who use or have used Open Shell in the past may understand. I wanted to use a backup which is like an "xslm" file or something like that. I just don't know how to do it or locate the back up. Any help? submitted by /u/iusetiktokandreddit [link] [comments]...
  7. User shell issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User shell issues: So I had one of my games from my pc partially crash and had no choice but to hard power off my pc when I rebooted it I got a black screen with a cursor no safe mode options work atm so my question is will a factory reset or new os installation of windows 10 fix a damaged user...
  8. A look at Open Shell (Classic Shell fork)

in Windows 10 News
    A look at Open Shell (Classic Shell fork): Open Shell is a fork of the popular discontinued Classic Shell program for Windows that may restore a classic Start Menu, Explorer and Internet Explorer shell on the system. Classic Shell was a popular program for Windows that restored functionality in Windows versions that...
  9. Open Shell issues on Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Shell issues on Win 10: Running Win10 v1903 and Open-Shell is running I cannot drag and drop notepad.exe from a folder onto the desktop Is this normal ? Seems the desktop is frozen ! Anyone else having this experience? Bob 139391
  10. Will Classic Shell work in Win10

Will Classic Shell work in Win10: Haven't tried it yet but does anyone know if classic shell will work in Win10TP? 2047